Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Russia-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Aeroflot Bonus - any ideas for earning 460 lousy miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroflot Bonus - any ideas for earning 460 lousy miles?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2010, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL
Post Aeroflot Bonus - any ideas for earning 420 lousy miles?

First of all, a Happy New Year to everyone!

Simple question: I'm only 420 miles short of reaching a certain award on the Aeroflot Bonus Program.
Does anyone of you know an easy way to make a handful of miles? I couldn't find anything on their website - there's not a whole lot of information given there.

Thanks for you help!

Last edited by ViennaWaltz; Jan 1, 2010 at 11:17 am
Old Jan 1, 2010, 2:42 pm

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Originally Posted by ViennaWaltz
Does anyone of you know an easy way to make a handful of miles? I couldn't find anything on their website - there's not a whole lot of information given there.
Take any flight with any of the SkyTeam airlines. They award a minimum of 500 miles per any segment regardless of actual miles flown. How about VIE-AMS-VIE with KLM or VIE-CDG-VIE with AF? Just make sure you don't book in L, N, G, O, X, F, E classes with AF; and not in V, D, W with KLM.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 5:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
- rent a car
- stay in a partner hotel
- do a Skyteam Mileage Run out of Vienna, Bratislava or Budapest. Cheapest I could find at first glance was BRA-PRG-CDG, 175 EUR with CSA.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 7:48 am

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CAlex
- rent a car
- stay in a partner hotel
- do a Skyteam Mileage Run out of Vienna, Bratislava or Budapest. Cheapest I could find at first glance was BRA-PRG-CDG, 175 EUR with CSA.
What he said should do it!

Do you have a bday coming up? That's worth 1000 miles.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 10:36 am

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Originally Posted by woody125
Do you have a bday coming up? That's worth 1000 miles.
Which reminds me of SU Xmas bonus (500 miles). Check if you have already got those.
I personally would strongly discourage acquiring miles through SU partners outside of ST; takes forever for these miles to post.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by luitje
Just make sure you don't book in L, N, G, O, X, F, E classes with AF; and not in V, D, W with KLM.
I found an option on KL, VIE-AMS-VIE for €140, but it's indeed a V fare. Are you definitely sure this won't bring me any miles on SU bonus? Even only 50% of the distance miles would be enough.
I couldn't find any information about the mileage for each booking class on other ST carriers. I assume the miles table on their website only refers to flights on SU metal. Is that correct? Where can I find out more about the information you gave me (see quote)?

Anyways, thanks a lot for your help guys!
Old Jan 4, 2010, 8:14 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by ViennaWaltz
I couldn't find any information about the mileage for each booking class on other ST carriers. I assume the miles table on their website only refers to flights on SU metal. Is that correct? Where can I find out more about the information you gave me (see quote)?
Nope, there's a separate page for ST partners (a bit tricky to find in that hideous new layout of theirs):
http://eng.aeroflotbonus.ru/partners.aspx?ob_no=114654

And everyone, where are your manners? Welcome to Flyertalk, ViennaWaltz!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.