Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Marriott Platinum Benefits at Ritz Carlton

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Platinum Benefits at Ritz Carlton

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2012, 9:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
As a Platinum Premier, I've been given a junior suite at a RC. It was Club level, but I booked Club level and paid for my lounge access, which RC does not give away.
same as my experience, only upgrade, no breakfast, no lounge access
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:25 pm

at RC Tokyo, I have received one level upgrade to Tower View room, no lounge, no breakfast.
Old May 26, 2013, 8:45 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I am getting more and more annoyed with the RC points on room rate only policy. Anyone know of the reason why that policy is in place and if it will ever change? Planning a number of RC stays with a lot of money spent on incidentals that I'd like to earn points on.
Old May 26, 2013, 10:04 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by sammyindc
I am getting more and more annoyed with the RC points on room rate only policy. Anyone know of the reason why that policy is in place and if it will ever change? Planning a number of RC stays with a lot of money spent on incidentals that I'd like to earn points on.
I'm assuming its a branding type thing whereas those managing the "brand" don't want to be perceived as needing points to get the crowd. I'll leave that to the marketing guru's to assess whether that make sense.

Still ... even though I spend 100-150 nights a year in hotels and have been Plat Premier for three years now, I can't help but feel the RC doesn't want my business. In my stays at the RC, there is never any recognition of my status and the rooms have clearly been the baseline room rather than an upgrade. While I'm no marketing guru, I was always under the impression that upselling your existing loyal customers was the easiest way to generate additional revenue. While the room furnishings are a bit better than some (but not all) FS Marriotts, the service for Plats is better at Marriott than RC.
Old May 26, 2013, 11:29 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Wife and I going to Washington DC Ritz-Carlton (on 22nd Street) in July for 3 nights. I have never stayed in a RC before, and it is a special occasion (anniversary). Right now booked in a regular room (military/Government rate.)

Club room is almost $300 more per night (not in our budget, unfortunately) Anyone have experience with being offered Club access at check in, at this specific property?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 26, 2013, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by nachosdelux
Wife and I going to Washington DC Ritz-Carlton (on 22nd Street) in July for 3 nights. I have never stayed in a RC before, and it is a special occasion (anniversary). Right now booked in a regular room (military/Government rate.)

Club room is almost $300 more per night (not in our budget, unfortunately) Anyone have experience with being offered Club access at check in, at this specific property?

Thanks in advance.
You won't get club access unless you pay for it. DC has a lot of great restaurants and a number of them in that area. I wouldn't pay the extra $300 - it's not worth it in my opinion. Go to Georgetown, Foggy Bottom, Eastern Market (Belga is one of my favorite restaurants in DC - go there all the time) - lots of great restaurants there. I wouldn't also spend a lot of money in the hotel itself since you only get points on room rate and not incidentals.
Old May 26, 2013, 1:46 pm

You won't get club access unless you pay for it. DC has a lot of great restaurants and a number of them in that area. I wouldn't pay the extra $300 - it's not worth it in my opinion. Go to Georgetown, Foggy Bottom, Eastern Market (Belga is one of my favorite restaurants in DC - go there all the time) - lots of great restaurants there. I wouldn't also spend a lot of money in the hotel itself since you only get points on room rate and not incidentals.
Thanks. I guess I should have been more clear that I was not expecting to be given lounge access. I was wondering if anyone had experience with being offered a buy-up to a club room (lounge access) at a discounted rate, at check-in.

I agree that there are lots of great restaurants in the area. We love ethnic food so there should be no shortage of choices. Lounge access would be a nice bonus, if it was available for a reasonable (in my perspective) fee.
Old May 26, 2013, 10:27 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I was wondering if anyone had experience with being offered a buy-up to a club room (lounge access) at a discounted rate, at check-in.
I have never stayed at the Wash. DC RC, so I can't speak to that hotel specifically. But I have stayed at a couple of other RCs and in talking with the local management, I was offered the opportunity to upgrade to a lounge room for $100/day charge.

Note that it has been a few years since I last stayed at an RC, so the daily "upcharge" may have gone up a bit since then. But it was possible at other RCs then and it is probable that you could get something now. I would suggest asking to talk with the hotel manager and see what they are willing to do for you.
Old May 27, 2013, 4:35 am

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
I have a redemption booking at the RC Tokyo in August in a standard room. I emailed the hotel to enquire about an upgrade to a Club Room, as I'd like to benefit from the breakfast and afternoon snacks. They offered me lounge access but not a club room floor for $200 per night.

Interestingly enough, the additional room rate online to upgrade to a Club room from standard room is $70 per night for half my stay and $170 per night for the second half.
Old May 27, 2013, 9:53 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I paid $125/night for Club Level access at an RC and received an upgrade to a 1BR Club Level suite at check-in. The bathroom was huge!
Old May 27, 2013, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by dayone
I paid $125 for Club Level access and received an upgrade to a 1BR Club Level suite at check-in. The bathroom was huge!

I would definitely take advantage of that deal! Maybe I will be as lucky.
Old May 27, 2013, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by seegs
I have a redemption booking at the RC Tokyo in August in a standard room. I emailed the hotel to enquire about an upgrade to a Club Room, as I'd like to benefit from the breakfast and afternoon snacks. They offered me lounge access but not a club room floor for $200 per night.

Interestingly enough, the additional room rate online to upgrade to a Club room from standard room is $70 per night for half my stay and $170 per night for the second half.
Huge difference between the Tokyo RC and the Washington, DC RC.

I would definitely take advantage of that deal! Maybe I will be as lucky.
If it's around $100 or so I would say go for it, but anything above that it's not worth it. The RC Washington, DC Club Lounge is not really that special, nothing compared to RC Hong Kong Club Lounge for example.
Old May 27, 2013, 5:02 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*

Thanks in advance.
I just checked out today from the Georgetown-DC Ritz (south steeet) which I believe is under the same management as the DC Ritz (22nd st). The Georgetown Ritz has no club level but I was offered an upsell for $100/nt. to the Royal Potomac Suite which was apx. 2900 sqft. I accepted. I suspect that there may have been an oversell situation involved though--it seems like too large of a discount to offer routinely like CO-style "TOD."

When I previously stayed at the DC Ritz on 22nd st, I was not offered any upgrades or upsells. I think the DC Ritz is larger and maybe has fewer oversell situations.
Old May 27, 2013, 9:16 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Ritz Carlton Plat, Hyatt Diamond, DL Diamond, UA 1K, Hertz President's Circle
I agree that there are lots of great restaurants in the area. We love ethnic food so there should be no shortage of choices. Lounge access would be a nice bonus, if it was available for a reasonable (in my perspective) fee.
FYI, Rasika is supposed to be an excellent (and classy) Indian place and it's nearby.

FWIW I think the Ritz in Georgetown is a little bit more romantic (albeit a less convenient location). But you can't go wrong either way. Enjoy!
Old May 28, 2013, 6:59 am
iwc

Thumbs down

It is bad enough that you get RC points on room rate only but at some hotels if you have a B & B rate they back out not only the tax but the cost of the breakfast to award points on your net rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.