Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 23, 2019, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Apparent concierge email address:
[email protected]
Print Wikipost

Ritz Carlton Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:16 pm

Thanks for that info!

I just called the hotel to inquire about the make and model of their televisions, because if they have USB inputs, that would be ideal... I could dump some MKVs onto a flash drive and be done with it!

Unfortunately the dept. that has that info was closed (it's like 3am now) so I'll call back in about 4-5 hours to hopefully confirm.

UPDATE: I just pulled the trigger on this gadget - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008NO9RRM/
It seems to be the most reliable solution... hopefully it works!

Last edited by OliverB; Mar 12, 2018 at 1:33 pm
Old Mar 13, 2018, 5:59 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by OliverB
Thanks for that info!

I just called the hotel to inquire about the make and model of their televisions, because if they have USB inputs, that would be ideal... I could dump some MKVs onto a flash drive and be done with it!

Unfortunately the dept. that has that info was closed (it's like 3am now) so I'll call back in about 4-5 hours to hopefully confirm.

UPDATE: I just pulled the trigger on this gadget - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008NO9RRM/
It seems to be the most reliable solution... hopefully it works!
Hi. I just back from a stay at RC Tokyo. Yes, the TV supports USB. But they don't have the remote to provide full function, so you can only play and pause the video.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BENLEE
Hi. I just back from a stay at RC Tokyo. Yes, the TV supports USB. But they don't have the remote to provide full function, so you can only play and pause the video.
You might be able to ask for the original remote to use too. They probably have it stored somewhere.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by bgriff
If you have the points and if the hotel will offer it, the value for upgrading using points may be a better value. I was offered 20K Marriott points per night, which IMO is a better deal than 20K JPY, but up to you.
I guess it's YMMV or maybe better do it as earlier as possible, I email concierge ask for points upgrade for my stay in July 14th, and it was declined said due to high occupancy.....however club room is still bookable online
Old Jul 6, 2018, 8:38 am

I will be here December 27- January 1st. Anyone stay over this period? Im worried a lot of attractions and restaurants will be closed but everything is already booked firm. Thoughts?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 10:00 am

Temples will be fine across Kyoto and the region including Nara as New Year is an important time for the Japanese to visit Buddhist and/or Shinto temples. Museums though are likely to be closed I suspect from the 29th as I suspect will the up market restaurants outside of the top hotels. If you focus on those up to say the 29th and save the temples etc for after you should be fine. Temples on the 31st night and 1st are busy but really fun with some having lots of regional snacks for sale in the surrounding area.

I do suggest you book tables in your hotel on the 31st for evening meal as thats the time your likely to struggles the most to find somewhere to eat.

We are in Kyoto during some of that period but have an apartment hotel like we did last year as this gives us some flex in terms of eating in or out.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by flapland
Temples will be fine across Kyoto and the region including Nara as New Year is an important time for the Japanese to visit Buddhist and/or Shinto temples. Museums though are likely to be closed I suspect from the 29th as I suspect will the up market restaurants outside of the top hotels. If you focus on those up to say the 29th and save the temples etc for after you should be fine. Temples on the 31st night and 1st are busy but really fun with some having lots of regional snacks for sale in the surrounding area.

I do suggest you book tables in your hotel on the 31st for evening meal as thats the time your likely to struggles the most to find somewhere to eat.

We are in Kyoto during some of that period but have an apartment hotel like we did last year as this gives us some flex in terms of eating in or out.
We will be in Kyoto from Jan 1-5 2019. Hoping there are things to do around then.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 4:12 pm

The 1st is a great time to visit Temples due to New Year, 2nd is when the sales begin in the shops and you can either check out Kyoto stores or go to Osaka. They also do Lucky Bags https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fukubukuro also known as Fukubukuro as part of the sale. By the 4th museums should be open again.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: Some
More bad merger-related news I'm afraid - the 20,000 point Club upgrade for this property has been withdrawn with the merger, just cash as an option now.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
More bad merger-related news I'm afraid - the 20,000 point Club upgrade for this property has been withdrawn with the merger, just cash as an option now.
SMH. That was a huge value.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tush17

We will be in Kyoto from Jan 1-5 2019. Hoping there are things to do around then.
There will be plenty of temples and shopping to be done. Some restaurants will be closed for the holiday period though.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: Amex MR, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AS MVP
Is it still 20000 JPY for the cash upgrade?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:18 pm

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
That is a shame. My wife and I loved staying on the Club level and with points on an award stay previously, don't know that I could justify the cash cost. We are happy we got to experience it once though.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by taliesin
Is it still 20000 JPY for the cash upgrade?
I think it's around 55,000 JPY additional cash upgrade to a points reservation... This is after August 18.

So sad no more 20k points upgrade.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 10:33 pm

Programs: SPG Plat (RIP), Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP
Question about post merger...I know last year the RC Tokyo provided free breakfast even though they weren't required to. Has anyone gone back since the merger and do they still offer it? I have 3 nights for 3 rooms at the end of the year on points (at least the 60k for a $1500 USD per night rate is okay) and I was curious if they have kept this benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.