Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Do "non-participating" Ritz hotels give Marriott elite night credits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2013, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by nevansm
Is this still true? I don't see anything on my recent reservation and I was able to redeem points here...
When and what points did you redeem there? The hotel neither participates to Marriott nor Ritz-Carlton Rewards.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 10:47 am

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
When you log into marriott and click on redemption offers for Singapore, the Ritz Carlton comes up at the 35,000 points level. Does anyone know if you can book this?
Old Aug 15, 2013, 1:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
the RC in SIN continues not being a part of MRs................therefore doubt you're seeing this prop at 35k as it more then likely is for the SIN Marriott and not the RC as SIN Marriott is 35k (but, IMO not worth over 1k)...............

Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me
When you log into marriott and click on redemption offers for Singapore, the Ritz Carlton comes up at the 35,000 points level. Does anyone know if you can book this?
Old Aug 16, 2013, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
the RC in SIN continues not being a part of MRs................therefore doubt you're seeing this prop at 35k as it more then likely is for the SIN Marriott and not the RC as SIN Marriott is 35k (but, IMO not worth over 1k)...............
The RC is coming up at 35K on Marriot.com
Old Aug 16, 2013, 5:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
then you better go ahead and book it in this NON redemption (nor earning)available property.............
11.Members may earn and redeem Points at participating Marriott hotel brands and The Ritz-Carlton hotels:
a. The Ritz-Carlton hotels – all locations except:
i. The Ritz-Carlton, Millennia Singapore
http://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/default.mi

Old Aug 17, 2013, 8:09 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
For what nights are you seeing it with award availability? I can't replicate it for any nights I have tried. I only see two properties show up when searching Singapore (the Marriott and a Ren in Malaysia.) Even going directly to the RC website and trying to use points doesn't get it to show up for any nights I have tried.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 3:00 pm

@ThreeA4Me:
Still there? No answer? Guess you were wrong, huh?
Old Sep 1, 2013, 2:40 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
+1

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
.Members may earn and redeem Points at participating Marriott hotel brands
http://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/default.mi
great link on the RC rules & Mrt brands.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
I understand that the RC Singapore is not participating in the MR program and you can't redeem or earn points, at least according to the T&C. But it says nothing about benefits. Has anybody in the last year received Gold or Platinum benefits there?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 4:36 am

Are stays at Ritz properties that don't allow for Marriott point earning / Marriott point redemption still eligible for Marriott night / stay credit?

The exact language in the Marriott Rewards T&C relating to the Ritz properties in question is:
Members may earn Points or Miles and may redeem Points at participating Marriott hotel brands and Ritz-Carlton hotels:
  1. The Ritz-Carlton® – all locations except:
    1. The Ritz-Carlton, Millennia Singapore
    2. All Ritz-Carlton Reserves
    3. The following partner hotels do not participate:
      • Hotel Ritz-London – London, UK
      • All Bulgari Hotels and Resorts
    4. In addition, The Ritz-Carlton Destination Clubs and The Ritz-Carlton Residences do not participate
Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:04 am

Non-participating means just that.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
Non-participating means just that.
I have earned stay credit in several other non-Marriott programs at properties that did not allow for loyalty points earning and/or points redemption. Also, the Marriott terms & conditions do nothing at all to address the question of stay credit at affected Ritz properties.

As such actual experience with stay crediting for these Ritz properties would be extremely useful. Do you have actual experience?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Deltahater
I understand that the RC Singapore is not participating in the MR program and you can't redeem or earn points, at least according to the T&C. But it says nothing about benefits. Has anybody in the last year received Gold or Platinum benefits there?
Does anyone have any recent experiences staying at the Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore? Are stays at this property eligible for elite benefits and/or Marriott night credit (neither of which is properly spelled out in the T&C)?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 10:53 am

I don't know of a more direct response to mster's question than on the hotel's own front page:
Kindly note that The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore does not participate in the Ritz-Carlton Rewards, Marriott Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest programmes.
Old May 1, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Are they going to be forced to participate post merger either in August or Jan 1, 2019? or will the still be allowed to be an outlier?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.