Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Award stay, no points for incidental?

Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black

So I just finished a stay at RC - Jakarta Pacific Place (for 30,000 points it's a steal)
but I noticed that I got 0 base points posted (spent around $200 on food/other items)

Is this the norms for RC award stay?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
It's normal for all stays at RC properties (paid or points) because you only earn points on the room rate, not on incidentals:

https://www.marriott.com/marriott-re...earn/hotels.mi
Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

oh, got it.
first time staying at a RC, thanks for the information
Old Apr 19, 2018, 9:24 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by sandyph
oh, got it.
first time staying at a RC, thanks for the information
They are changing this under the new program... you should get points for everything.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:51 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by t1c
They are changing this under the new program... you should get points for everything.
...after the new program rules take effect.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 6:37 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
It's normal for all stays at RC properties (paid or points) because you only earn points on the room rate, not on incidentals:

https://www.marriott.com/marriott-re...earn/hotels.mi
I thought you got 5 points for incidental charges if you pay with the RC Rewards Card.
My understanding is that you get 10 points for room rate as a RC Reward program member, regardless of what CC you use to pay.
Is my understanding correct?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 8:28 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
I thought you got 5 points for incidental charges if you pay with the RC Rewards Card.
My understanding is that you get 10 points for room rate as a RC Reward program member, regardless of what CC you use to pay.
Is my understanding correct?
Yes you get 5 points per dollar on any Marriott or Ritz credit card at a Ritz Hotel. Yes you get 10 points only for the Room Rate. Yes you get Zero points for incidentals as of today..
Old Jun 14, 2018, 2:54 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sandyph
So I just finished a stay at RC - Jakarta Pacific Place (for 30,000 points it's a steal)
but I noticed that I got 0 base points posted (spent around $200 on food/other items)

Is this the norms for RC award stay?
All rewards credit cards provide at least one point for each dollar spent, so I think it is impossible that you did not receive at least one point for each dollar spent on incidentals.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 9:53 am
t1c

Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
All rewards credit cards provide at least one point for each dollar spent, so I think it is impossible that you did not receive at least one point for each dollar spent on incidentals.
I think he was only looking at the hotel bill charges. He is correct about not getting points for his incidentals. However the credit card will give 5 points to 1 point even if they don't participate in the Ritz program.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by t1c
I think he was only looking at the hotel bill charges. He is correct about not getting points for his incidentals. However the credit card will give 5 points to 1 point even if they don't participate in the Ritz program.

yup. Was reffering to the points at the marriott account (got 1000 welcome points for each night though since all the meals are included with the room)
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by t1c
This is confirmed in the new T&C posted here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi But they're being stingy with what's considered "eligible hotel purchases." We had an award stay in Kapalua last week, and neither the resort fee nor parking charge were awarded points - $65/day just for those 2 charges.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: AS MVPG75; Bonvoy, National Exec, United Silver
RC Santa Barbara. A week or so ago. Same problem. Submitted it to customer service. Have yet to hear back.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by PDX4MSU
RC Santa Barbara. A week or so ago. Same problem. Submitted it to customer service. Have yet to hear back.
Let us know what you find out. Although, the T&C I linked to above don't specifically list parking or resort fees..."eligible hotel purchases, including dining, beverages, rounds of golf, spa services and more." I would think parking and resort fees should be included in the "more". But I'm not running Marriott.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: AS MVPG75; Bonvoy, National Exec, United Silver
To clarify, I think I got points for the resort feet but not for dining. Maybe I’m reading the t&c wrong but I thought that was part of the change on 8/18

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.