Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Requested 2Queen only have kings, best strategy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2018, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC

Lifetime Plat with Marriott and I booked a 2 Queen room at Kapalua Ritz. They say that I requested the 2Q, but they don't have any when we checked in. But they say that they won't have any for a few days and when we do get one, we'd have to move in a couple of days.

I thought I had hardwired a 2Q room- and they admit that I requested one. I'm pretty good at parsing out stuff like that at time of booking since it is for a family of four.

-Why as a lifetime plat am I at the bottom of the heap? The booking has four people listed. We arrived not long after check-in, I find it hard to believe that all the 2Qs were taken.
-I get that there might not be the right room tonight, but no one is checking out of a 2Q on a Sunday?

I just found it odd that this is happening to me. I would have thought that Plat status would make me one of the last ones to get dinged- and that it won't work itself out faster seems odd. I mean if room types are not set in stone, why the lack of freedom in room inventory.

Any thoughts on the best way to deal with it to get the room? Any other work arounds or comps I might be able to leverage
Old Mar 25, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
How about suggesting they give you two connecting king bed rooms for the price you're paying for one room? I'm sure they'd prefer to bring in a rollaway bed, but things get cramped pretty quickly (which is presumably why you booked what you thought was a guaranteed 2Q room to begin with). If they can't give you the two rooms, how about a complimentary upgrade to a suite so that, even with the rollaway, you have some extra space. Suite upgrades are part of the program at R-C, so this request is totally within guidelines (whereas getting two rooms for the price of one would be a goodwill gesture). Good luck!
Old Mar 25, 2018, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
They got us two kings next to each other, but not connected. A 2Q in a few days that ended up being an Ocean view, which is a bump. For the situation, I think they did a good job trying to make it right. I'll try to manage getting the rooms we want better. Four people in a 2Qs isn't optimal, but since it is vacation, we try to spend as little time in as possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.