FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ritz Carlton (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ritz-carlton-760/)
-   -   Ritz Carlton Battery Park Leaving RC (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ritz-carlton/1894444-ritz-carlton-battery-park-leaving-rc.html)

bcosinteno Feb 17, 2018 4:04 pm

Ritz Carlton Battery Park Leaving RC

It appears that the Ritz Carlton Battery is leaving Ritz Carlton.

https://tribecacitizen.com/2018/02/1...-ritz-carlton/

Is the Ritz-Calrton New York, Battery Park Getting Deflagged? - Points Miles & Martinis

The Tribeca Citizen reports, the former Ritz-Carlton Battery Park at 2 West St. is going to be called The Wagner Place Hotel, operated by Highgate Hotels.

In fact, Highgate Hotels is hiring for a Director of Sales & Marketing (Wagner Hotel – NYC) and claims “Highgate Hotels in transitioning the Ritz Carlton Battery Park to Wagner Hotel.”

controller1 Feb 17, 2018 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by bcosinteno (Post 29428585)

Too bad but since I retired that is not a location I would have stayed. It was a great location for working some of the financial companies but not much else.

DavidO Feb 19, 2018 3:41 pm

This has been confirmed by the New York area sales manager. They just learned of the change last Friday, and the effective date of the change is March 28th.
I have no idea how this will affect Virtuoso membership or existing bookings. A team will be working on transitioning all existing reservations this week. Will provide more information when I have it.

urww Mar 15, 2018 7:36 am

The Ritz-Carlton New York Battery Park not accepting reservations since 03/29

I've got a confirmed reservation for a stay in April (and they actually preauthorised my card even though it's a flex rate). I was about to book a second room yesterday, but apparently found out the hotel is not accepting reservations starting 03/29. Is the hotel closing or being reflagged? Quick googling didn't bring any feasible results.

I haven't been contacted by the property about my stay yet.

FlyingKansan Mar 15, 2018 7:43 am

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ritz...eaving-rc.html

urww Mar 15, 2018 7:51 am

FlyingKansan, thank you. Well... it looks it's a piece of news just for me and everything is pretty clear. Still my reservation at the Ritz Carlton looks intact and nobody has ever contact me.

manda99 Mar 19, 2018 2:55 pm

Well, this is annoying. I'd booked a room just a couple weeks ago for April and now I just got an email telling me it's not a RC anymore and to call customer service. ARGH. And now I've been on hold for 10 minutes.

DavidO Mar 19, 2018 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by manda99 (Post 29543820)
Well, this is annoying. I'd booked a room just a couple weeks ago for April and now I just got an email telling me it's not a RC anymore and to call customer service. ARGH. And now I've been on hold for 10 minutes.

How did you book it? If you used a Virtuoso TA (or FHR), contact your TA who can do this follow through for you.

dcchi Mar 20, 2018 9:21 am

Ritz Battery Park (NYC) leaving Ritz brand

Had an upcoming reservation at the Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park and got an email yesterday saying that, "effective March 29th, 2018 the hotel will no longer be branded as a Ritz-Carlton hotel, but will continue normal operations as The Wagner at the Battery, affiliated with Leading Hotels of the World, and your reservation will be honored." Other details in the email about technical details (not being able to use Ritz gift certs, incentive awards or gift cards, but being able to use rewards certs for existing reservations as long as they are done via paper form), but that was the main point...

controller1 Mar 20, 2018 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by dcchi (Post 29546462)
Had an upcoming reservation at the Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park and got an email yesterday saying that, "effective March 29th, 2018 the hotel will no longer be branded as a Ritz-Carlton hotel, but will continue normal operations as The Wagner at the Battery, affiliated with Leading Hotels of the World, and your reservation will be honored." Other details in the email about technical details (not being able to use Ritz gift certs, incentive awards or gift cards, but being able to use rewards certs for existing reservations as long as they are done via paper form), but that was the main point...

Being discussed in this earlier thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ritz...eaving-rc.html

manda99 Mar 20, 2018 1:58 pm

Just as an update, I called about the reservation and the phone person told me that existing reservations would still count as points earning/status. But after the call, I was contacted via email by RC Guest Relations who provided excellent service in moving our reservation to another Marriott property. I'm happy with the final outcome.

urww Mar 20, 2018 2:24 pm

Forgot to post. My experience was very similar to manda99 one. At first it was frustration and I wouldn't call it acceptable in any way - Marriott Customer Care ignored my emails and the hotel front desk was quite rude when I called. Then RC twitter team gave me contact details of a person at RC Customer service who simply could not be any greater. He moved my reservation into another hotel and settled everything.

ksuckow Mar 23, 2018 11:08 am

Would you mind sharing this contact? I have been totally unsuccessful. Booked via American Express Platinum.

jacca83 Mar 26, 2018 12:30 pm

RItz Carlton Battery Park

Very disappointing that this property will no longer be a Ritz Carlton. As such, I just did a quick overnight to stay one more time. Most employees don't know what is going on and the morale is pretty low. Nonetheless, my stay was great as was the club lounge. RIP RC Battery Park :-(, it was great while it lasted.

dhammer53 Apr 6, 2018 5:54 pm

I had no idea about the change until I called to confirm an upcoming reservation. I found this thread using the search feature. They told me my reservation was still in tact. I'm Marriott Gold, but I know the Ritz offered no benefits. Maybe the LHOTW will be going the extra mile in the early stages. We'll see.

​​​​​​​dh