Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Naples beach holiday...but stay at Golf resort?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2017, 5:10 am
Original Poster

We are looking for a beach stay for 10 nights on points. Whilst that would tend to suggest the Beach resort as the obvious choice, Golf requires fewer points, valet is cheaper (with self-park and reciprocal at Beach) and there is no resort fee. Food and beverages appear to be cheaper also, with a coffee shop option for breakfast.

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether the Golf resort would still work for a beach holiday? I think it is only 5 minutes from the coast and there appears to be cross-charging to the room between resorts.

I suppose one further Gulf Coast alternative (which is all we are considering for this trip) would be Sarasota. It's difficult to see whether their beach club is superior to the Naples beach resort, but it is a little further from the hotel. The hotels themselves seem to be pretty similar although Sarasota is probably more of a 'city' hotel than Naples Golf.

Many thanks.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by twentyfourseven
We are looking for a beach stay for 10 nights on points. Whilst that would tend to suggest the Beach resort as the obvious choice, Golf requires fewer points, valet is cheaper (with self-park and reciprocal at Beach) and there is no resort fee. Food and beverages appear to be cheaper also, with a coffee shop option for breakfast.

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether the Golf resort would still work for a beach holiday? I think it is only 5 minutes from the coast and there appears to be cross-charging to the room between resorts.

I suppose one further Gulf Coast alternative (which is all we are considering for this trip) would be Sarasota. It's difficult to see whether their beach club is superior to the Naples beach resort, but it is a little further from the hotel. The hotels themselves seem to be pretty similar although Sarasota is probably more of a 'city' hotel than Naples Golf.

Many thanks.
The Golf Resort is about 10 minutes from the Beach Club. I've stayed at the Beach a few times and it's a very nice hotel.

The key is what do you plan on doing for 10 days? There isn't much to do in Naples for 10 days unless you plan to spend all of your time on the beach.

Edit: The Sarasota Ritz is not on the beach, but you can take a shuttle - it's maybe 10-15 minutes. When are you going? I remember correctly, there was some talk of a renovation, so I'm not sure if that's happening or been completed.

If it was me, I would go to Sarasota instead. Plenty to do and the Sarasota Ritz is very nice and more moderately priced than Naples. Staying in Sarasota would easily allow for a day trip to Tampa/St. Pete. Plenty of great restaurants near the Sarasota Ritz.

Check out Owen's Fish Camp, Yoder's, Jack Dusty at the Ritz is very good, Marina Jack, Tommy Bahama, Louie's Modern, Social Eatery, Hyde Park Steakhouse.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Thanks. It is a beach holiday with family.

i believe the Sarasota Ritz has been renewed. Price doesn't matter as we are using points. However, just for information, on our dates )around April) the Naples golf hotel is way cheaper than Sarasota.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by twentyfourseven
Thanks. It is a beach holiday with family.

i believe the Sarasota Ritz has been renewed. Price doesn't matter as we are using points. However, just for information, on our dates )around April) the Naples golf hotel is way cheaper than Sarasota.
Since that's Spring Break, that explains the price difference. But as you said, price doesn't matter since you're using points.

My parents lived in the Naples for about 9 years, so I'm very familiar with the area. I think one would be very bored during a 10 day stay. The traffic is going to be horrendous in Naples. You get lots of snow birds that are down for the Spring/Easter, so places are going to be packed and some advanced planning for dinner is expected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.