Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton San Francisco [Master Thread]

Old Aug 10, 2017, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Any experiences here?

Booked a two night stay with FHR and planning to split my bill at the end for two $100 statement credits from Amex.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: Some
I am curious too, have booked The Palace for a stay in a couple of weeks as the RC is significantly more expensive, but wondering if the RC is worth the extra cost.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 10:18 am

Programs: AA 1MM Marriott Titanium
Had a great 5 day stay there June of 2016. Used a club upgrade certificate and the club was excellent. Was frequently offered use of the hotel car and driver for pickup and drop off service. Very helpful staff. Wasn't cheap but well worth it for a vacation stay with my wife.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I am curious too, have booked The Palace for a stay in a couple of weeks as the RC is significantly more expensive, but wondering if the RC is worth the extra cost.
I changed my booking from the Palace to the Ritz. Prices dropped on my dates (Labor Day Weekend) and with the Amex statement credits, it actually comes out cheaper.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, JetSmarter, Global Entry, CLEAR
I have stayed at this hotel many times - and it is great! Especially if you are on one of the club floors. You will get a great view, and the amenities of being able to drop in the club whenever you want.

Highly recommend!
Old Aug 21, 2017, 10:42 am

Has anyone experienced any issues with street noise at this hotel? Planning a trip next July/August and have really been going back and forth between the Le Meridien and this Ritz location but read several reviews on Trip Advisor about noise from outside. To be fair, I also read similar complaints at the Le Meridien, however, the Le Meridien is significantly taller than the Ritz so was going to request a higher floor if possible. Google Street View of Ritz doesn't look like it is riddled with bars all around or anything, so not sure how nit-picky the negative reviews regarding noise were.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 1:22 pm

The club-level courtyard rooms are quieter than those facing outward, if that's important to you. We've stayed in both the inner and outer rooms and haven't had a noise problem from the 8th floor, even sleeping with the windows slightly opened.

You'll still hear the cable car noise regardless of the room, but that didn't bother us.

If you're booking a non-club room, you might try a similar courtyard facing room on the 7th floor.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I have stayed in the inner courtyard rooms and no noise issue.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 5:36 pm

We stayed at Ritz in June .. was very quite ... and close to everything Nobb Hill / Financial District. The rooms are spacious for SF. No pool - so palace has that .. if that is important to you.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:37 pm

Appreciate everybody's replies... pretty much solidified my choice to stay here on our trip next year.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Any Marriott Platinum benefits at this property such as free breakfast as a courtesy?

How much does a club upgrade cost at check-in and how much does parking cost?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 3:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by navatwal
Any Marriott Platinum benefits at this property such as free breakfast as a courtesy?

RCs typically do not provide free brekkie. You might get an upgrade (but not to club level), you'll get 1,000 points as PAG, late checkout & free wifi. No idea on upgrade cost at check-in. Property website says this about parking.

Valet parking only.

0 ~ 1 hour $20
1 ~ 2 hours $25
2 ~ 3 hours $30
3 ~ 4 hours $35
4 ~ 5 hours $40
5 hours + $50
Overnight $65 + tax
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
They provide free brekky to Plats at certain properties.

How is the club here?

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
RCs typically do not provide free brekkie. You might get an upgrade (but not to club level), you'll get 1,000 points as PAG, late checkout & free wifi. No idea on upgrade cost at check-in. Property website says this about parking.

Valet parking only.

0 ~ 1 hour $20
1 ~ 2 hours $25
2 ~ 3 hours $30
3 ~ 4 hours $35
4 ~ 5 hours $40
5 hours + $50
Overnight $65 + tax
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:04 am

Breakfast is not included for Platinums here, just the PAG points, free wifi, and late checkout as mentioned previously.

Room UG's are mainly 1-category types, like higher floor or non-club jr suites, so keep your expectations low.

Paid Upgrades to the club level vary between $100-$250 depending on how full they are. Staying with my family, I have always found these to be worth it, for the treatment by club staff and of course the food offerings throughout the day.

One thing they excel in is recognizing special occasions if you notify them in advance.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by navatwal

At checkin they offered a "deal" which included overnight parking and $xx per day credit at the restaurant for breakfast. I forget the cost but I did take the deal. Sorry that's not too helpful but you can inquire at checkin.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.