Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Will Ritz Carlton match breakfast benefit at St Regis, Waldorf Astoria, & Park Hyatt?

Will Ritz Carlton match breakfast benefit at St Regis, Waldorf Astoria, & Park Hyatt?

Old Dec 29, 2017, 10:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold

Hilton finally has added its breakfast benefit for Hilton Diamond and Gold members at its Waldorf Astoria properties (including resorts):

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/12/hil...kfast-waldorf/

That leaves Ritz Carlton as the only luxury hotel brand of the big chains Marriott, (Starwood), Hilton, and Hyatt that does not include such a breakfast benefit for its elite members.

Do we think Marriott will add the breakfast benefit to remain competitive (and to match what St Regis and Luxury Collection already offer)?

Old Dec 29, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Personally i dont think so.

I afraid the opposite actually, they will get rid of this benefit at st regis and LC too.

I wish i was wrong.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 9:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I am staying at a LC now in large part because they offer plat benefits... same w StR where I stayed for several stays this year. I won’t stay at RC if I have a choice until they start rolling out free breakfast and other benefits.

I am not not sure why anyone in their right mind would think wealthy folks would’t want a loyalty program that is meaningful. Chanel for example rolls out great opportunities for high spenders... absurd to think RC wouln’t

I estimate is probably do 30-40 nights a year at RC of they offered benefits. They have properties at locations I would like to visit over the legacy Starwood properties
Old Dec 29, 2017, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Marriott decided long ago, when they first brough R-C into the rewards family, that they weren't courting the free breakfast demographic for their most upscale brand. I've always been surprised at the "points only for room rate" policy, as I would think rewarding other on-property spend would be in their best interest, but it will not surprise me in the least to continue the no-free-breakfast policy. And, as 3rdworldresident stated, for them to expand it to their other top-tier brands.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 8:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SHLTP
I am not not sure why anyone in their right mind would think wealthy folks would’t want a loyalty program that is meaningful.
Try to sign up for the Four Seasons loyalty program then come back and let us know what you found

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Marriott decided long ago, when they first brough R-C into the rewards family, that they weren't courting the free breakfast demographic for their most upscale brand.
The property owners, not Marriott, bear the cost of these benefits. So I'm pretty sure this was not a Marriott decision, but rather a deal they had to make to keep the management contracts. I suspect the same is true with the Edition and A/C brands . . . it's not that Marriott doesn't want to offer the benefits, it's that the property owners don't want to pay for them.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 10:55 am
Suspended
Original Poster
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Most RC offer FHR and other special and corporate rates which include breakfast. It isn't inconceivable that Ritz Carlton will have learned from the St Regis example that incorporating some sort of breakfast benefit for elites is perfectly comparable. If RC hotels can afford the breakfast benefit via the FHR and other corporate channels, they certainly can afford the breakfast benefit for a high elite qualification, as well.

Ritz Carlton did incorporate the SPG 4 pm late checkout guarantee to match the SPG benefit (and St Regis). Marriott did create an elite concierge service to try and match the SPG Ambassador program for its most elite customers, as well. It isn't inconceivable that Ritz Carlton may also match the breakfast benefit--though it may do so for higher qualification for Platinum status than is now required via SPG.

The fact that the competition are already including a breakfast benefit also contributes to the likelihood that Ritz Carlton will add the breakfast benefit to some elites.

Marriott is all about standardization. Marriott also is showing understanding that the SPG elites are quite valuable to its bottom line purchase of Starwood. I think the assumption that Marriott will go the other way on RC for the breakfast benefit is shortsighted and unlikely. I actually think Ritz Carlton soon will offer the breakfast benefit to Marriottwood elites--though I think the qualification level to attain that benefit will be higher than it is now.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
I got $60 a day breakfast credit at RC Laguna Niguel

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.