FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ritz Carlton (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ritz-carlton-760/)
-   -   Ritz Double Elite Nights? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ritz-carlton/1735979-ritz-double-elite-nights.html)

ajhun9 Jan 2, 16 5:51 pm

Ritz Double Elite Nights?

Anyone know if this might be on offer again for 2016?

danola Jan 3, 16 7:39 am

Originally Posted by ajhun9 (Post 25951345)
Anyone know if this might be on offer again for 2016?

As far as I know, the answer is - yes.

sig05 Jan 3, 16 9:32 am

Is it just automatic now? I don't remember seeing anything where you were required to sign up in 2015.

danola Jan 3, 16 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by sig05 (Post 25953953)
Is it just automatic now? I don't remember seeing anything where you were required to sign up in 2015.

I'll be staying at a RC in a couple of weeks, if no one stays before that, l'll report.

sig05 Jan 3, 16 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by danola (Post 25955061)
I'll be staying at a RC in a couple of weeks, if no one stays before that, l'll report.

Thanks.

t1c Jan 3, 16 5:58 pm

I just got back from the Ritz. I called customer service last week.. They stated that 2X will continue until they get word that it will end...

Typically they come out with the new promotions in mid Jan..

I will also let you know if the nights post as double in 2016.

ajhun9 Jan 15, 16 6:08 pm

I haven't had any stays post yet (taking longer than normal), but I received my Ritz Rewards Platinum brochure and double elite nights was listed as a feature. It also said redeemed nights would count towards elite night credit. It was unclear if those are platinum benefits or general benefits, but it would appear that double nights is at least permanent for the 2016 program year for platinums (and I assume everyone).

anjeo Jan 19, 16 7:37 pm

On the website now

ANOTHER YEAR. ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY.
Continue to receive credit for twice the nights in 2016
If you have yet to experience the benefits of Elite status or are looking to elevate your membership to the next level, 2016 could be your year.
As a member of The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, you will earn two Elite night credits for each night stay at participating Ritz-Carlton properties.
This benefit applies to stays at The Ritz-Carlton between January 1 and December 31, 2016, and allows you to easily maintain your present status or achieve a higher level of membership. Reserve your next stay to get started.

sig05 Jan 19, 16 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by anjeo (Post 26046563)
ANOTHER YEAR. ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY.
Continue to receive credit for twice the nights in 2016
If you have yet to experience the benefits of Elite status or are looking to elevate your membership to the next level, 2016 could be your year.
As a member of The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, you will earn two Elite night credits for each night stay at participating Ritz-Carlton properties.
This benefit applies to stays at The Ritz-Carlton between January 1 and December 31, 2016, and allows you to easily maintain your present status or achieve a higher level of membership. Reserve your next stay to get started.

link? Logged in to my Ritz account and don't see this promo. Not doubting you, just want to get signed up.

anjeo Jan 20, 16 4:08 am

Originally Posted by sig05 (Post 26046674)
link? Logged in to my Ritz account and don't see this promo. Not doubting you, just want to get signed up.

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Reward...ite-Status.htm

Nothing to " sign up for " it's automatic just like last year.

t1c Jan 20, 16 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by anjeo (Post 26048252)

+1

t1c Mar 22, 17 10:50 am

Originally Posted by anjeo (Post 26048252)

I heard that this was back again this year. Can anyone confirm?

anjeo Mar 23, 17 12:25 pm

yes - confirmed 2 nights credit for every one paid night

t1c Mar 23, 17 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by anjeo (Post 28077136)

Great! Thanks!

ords Mar 31, 17 5:26 am

Originally Posted by anjeo (Post 28077136)

Can confirm too. Just did one night at the RC Chicago and received two nights credit.

t1c Mar 31, 17 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by ords (Post 28110375)
Can confirm too. Just did one night at the RC Chicago and received two nights credit.

I just finished a 3 day stay and the same happened to me..

orvando Oct 30, 17 12:56 pm

looks like this promo is still alive and well http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/reward...s/elite-status

that page clearly states that one must be a member of Ritz Rewards to get the 2x - Marriott Rewards members don't qualify. this makes switching from MR to RR worthwhile for some - but a warning: the RR account management webpages are annoyingly buggy, and you may not qualify for some MR promos as an RR member (although for some, you will - it's inconsistent).

t1c Jan 3, 18 7:00 pm

Are double elite nights still in effect for 2018?

t1c Jan 7, 18 12:51 pm

I just finished a Ritz stay and it looks like we still get 2 elite nights per stay.

orvando Jan 25, 18 1:03 pm

can confirm - stayed 5 nights in a RC in Jan. 2018, as did my brother & his family (in different room). I am a "Ritz Rewards" member, he is a Marriott member. I got 10 elite nights, he got 5.

t1c Jan 25, 18 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by orvando (Post 29339102)
can confirm - stayed 5 nights in a RC in Jan. 2018, as did my brother & his family (in different room). I am a "Ritz Rewards" member, he is a Marriott member. I got 10 elite nights, he got 5.

I hope we keep this benefit..

3rdworldresident Jan 25, 18 10:56 pm

I can confirm too.

stayed at ritz istanbul for 3 nights earlier this month, got 6 elite nights. (This was my first hotel stay of 2018)

Finance_underling Sep 28, 18 6:58 pm

Any report from people who combined their Ritz and SPG accounts?

kaizen7 Sep 28, 18 9:23 pm

I got 4 nights credit for a 2 nights stay at RC Ras Al Khaimah.
The account activity said 2 nights no bonus mentioned.
but night count in app increased by 4.
not sure if its glitch or double rc nights

LostInTranslation Oct 27, 18 6:56 am

I combined my account from RC and so that remains as my primary account; I have subsequently still received double elite nights. Wish I knew about this earlier.... It will be interesting to see if this continues post-January; I suspect not.

t1c Oct 27, 18 9:11 am

Originally Posted by LostInTranslation (Post 30361922)
I combined my account from RC and so that remains as my primary account; I have subsequently still received double elite nights. Wish I knew about this earlier.... It will be interesting to see if this continues post-January; I suspect not.

I also combined my Ritz and SPG account...I would also be surprised if this still happens in 2019... is anyone staying in a Ritz thru NYE?

kaizen7 Oct 31, 18 6:34 am

Planning to stay at RC tokyo in January ... will report the night count of that stay.

If RC double nights still continue post January then it will be good compensation from RC reduced elite benefits. (no breakfast no lounge etc)
And with RC room rate, I think even at 50 nights one can easily passed the 20k requirements for ambassador service.

sig05 Nov 1, 18 8:10 pm

Had a stay at Ritz SF two weeks ago and did not get double nights credited. Combined SPG with my Ritz account.

BillBurn Nov 10, 18 4:56 pm

I think you have to be part of the Ritz Carlton Rewards Program to get the double elite nights. I''ve stayed at the RC SF since the merger and received double nights credit. Right now as far as I can tell, the advantage of the RC Program is that you get double nights at RC, but you don't get access to some of the other Marriott promotions.

SP03 Nov 12, 18 7:21 pm

I used to have Ritz Rewards but I combined with SPG and I think I kept the SPG account since I've had it longer. Is there anyway to change it back to Ritz Rewards?

BillBurn Nov 12, 18 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by SP03 (Post 30423390)
I used to have Ritz Rewards but I combined with SPG and I think I kept the SPG account since I've had it longer. Is there anyway to change it back to Ritz Rewards?

Prior to the merger all you had to do was call and ask to change programs. I would give them a call and see if they will switch you.

hhoope01 Nov 13, 18 5:42 am

I do believe that Marriott has "combined" all their various programs into a single program now. So there is no changing programs any longer. And supposedly Marriott will roll-out this new "combined" program's name after the new year.

kaizen7 Nov 15, 18 9:29 am

Originally Posted by BillBurn (Post 30416374)
I think you have to be part of the Ritz Carlton Rewards Program to get the double elite nights. I''ve stayed at the RC SF since the merger and received double nights credit. Right now as far as I can tell, the advantage of the RC Program is that you get double nights at RC, but you don't get access to some of the other Marriott promotions.

My current account is RC Rewards. So maybe thats why the 4 nights instead of 2 nights after a 2 nights stay
About marriott promotion, prior 18/8 yes .. no access to MR promotion.

but after 18/8 I think I can register to that Mega bonus promo things.

t1c Dec 21, 18 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by kaizen7 (Post 30432611)
My current account is RC Rewards. So maybe thats why the 4 nights instead of 2 nights after a 2 nights stay
About marriott promotion, prior 18/8 yes .. no access to MR promotion.

but after 18/8 I think I can register to that Mega bonus promo things.

I asked today if this was still going to continue in 2019... My CSR said they were not sure and were doing some investigations into this..

kaizen7 Jan 6, 19 12:43 pm

Will have a 2 nights stay at RC hotel in few days time....

Currently the program still separate ... Ritz Carlton Rewards, SPG, and Marriott Rewards.

I wont be surprised if they still have double RC night as it still separate programs although I'm guessing this promotion already gone

This double night actually can be a good incentives for people to stay more on RC hotels as their elite benefit is more restricted and their price can be double than the normal hotels in the chain :D

t1c Jan 6, 19 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by kaizen7 (Post 30618283)
Will have a 2 nights stay at RC hotel in few days time....

Currently the program still separate ... Ritz Carlton Rewards, SPG, and Marriott Rewards.

I wont be surprised if they still have double RC night as it still separate programs although I'm guessing this promotion already gone

This double night actually can be a good incentives for people to stay more on RC hotels as their elite benefit is more restricted and their price can be double than the normal hotels in the chain :D

Good Info... I have an 10 night stay coming up so I would also like to see what happens.

Ripley62 Jan 8, 19 4:22 am

Sort of rollover

We had a three night stay at a RC ending 1/1, 3 nights went in ‘18, the 3 additional night credits went on ‘19. Two things I’m glad didn’t count on the additional night credits for annual total, I ended the year with 75. I’m quite happy the promotional additional night credits are accounted on they Year they post otherwise they’d be wasted.

kaizen7 Jan 12, 19 1:24 pm

Just finished my 2 nights stay and the account was credited with 2 nights.
i guess the rc double nights is no longer in place.