Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

redeeming award night Ritz Carlton Chicago

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Ambassdor, Marriort Plat, IHG Spire, Hhonor Diamond, BW Diamond Select, LQ Elite, Hotels Gold

Hi,

What's the benefit for Platinum Marriott guest? except room upgrade. I read it online that Platinum guest wont be able to access the club lounge. is that true? and what about complimentary breakfast?

thanks
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:58 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by troytos

Hi,

What's the benefit for Platinum Marriott guest? except room upgrade. I read it online that Platinum guest wont be able to access the club lounge. is that true? and what about complimentary breakfast?

thanks
Except possible room upgrade, nada.

Actually, you would also receive late checkout and premium internet.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by troytos

Hi,

thanks
Not many benefits. You may get a one category upgrade and a suite upgrade isn't likely.

You may be able to get 1-2 hours past normal checkout, but I would not expect a 4pm checkout.

No Club Lounge access and no breakfast.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:03 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
And just in case you were thinking about it, switching to the RC program (and then being an RC Plat) won't change anything.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by hhoope01
And just in case you were thinking about it, switching to the RC program (and then being an RC Plat) won't change anything.
Except that you can get double nights credited for being a RC member.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:14 pm

Email the hotel prior to see if an upgrade is possible as long as you're not asking for Club lounge access. I believe it's limited to 51 rooms that get lounge access.

My last visit I was upgraded, although I booked a basic CL room directly, I was given a Lakeside suite.

I usually have no issue getting 2pm or 3pm.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: AA, SPG, Hertz
Any update on your stay? I am staying here over a weekend, but will switch to another marriott/spg if there are no benefits at the ritz.

Best,
BEM
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:47 am

Finishing a stay here. Got upgraded from a King City to an Executive Suite. Club Level just reopened after being closed all of January.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 9:15 am

Late checkout would be nice.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by IcEWoLF
Late checkout would be nice.
Plat premier, but I guess titanium now. Got 4pm checkout no problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.