FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ritz Carlton (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ritz-carlton-760/)
-   -   Ritz Double Elite Nights? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ritz-carlton/1735979-ritz-double-elite-nights.html)

t1c Mar 31, 17 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by ords (Post 28110375)
Can confirm too. Just did one night at the RC Chicago and received two nights credit.

I just finished a 3 day stay and the same happened to me..

orvando Oct 30, 17 12:56 pm

looks like this promo is still alive and well http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/reward...s/elite-status

that page clearly states that one must be a member of Ritz Rewards to get the 2x - Marriott Rewards members don't qualify. this makes switching from MR to RR worthwhile for some - but a warning: the RR account management webpages are annoyingly buggy, and you may not qualify for some MR promos as an RR member (although for some, you will - it's inconsistent).

t1c Jan 3, 18 7:00 pm

Are double elite nights still in effect for 2018?

t1c Jan 7, 18 12:51 pm

I just finished a Ritz stay and it looks like we still get 2 elite nights per stay.

orvando Jan 25, 18 1:03 pm

can confirm - stayed 5 nights in a RC in Jan. 2018, as did my brother & his family (in different room). I am a "Ritz Rewards" member, he is a Marriott member. I got 10 elite nights, he got 5.

t1c Jan 25, 18 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by orvando (Post 29339102)
can confirm - stayed 5 nights in a RC in Jan. 2018, as did my brother & his family (in different room). I am a "Ritz Rewards" member, he is a Marriott member. I got 10 elite nights, he got 5.

I hope we keep this benefit..

3rdworldresident Jan 25, 18 10:56 pm

I can confirm too.

stayed at ritz istanbul for 3 nights earlier this month, got 6 elite nights. (This was my first hotel stay of 2018)

Finance_underling Sep 28, 18 6:58 pm

Any report from people who combined their Ritz and SPG accounts?

kaizen7 Sep 28, 18 9:23 pm

I got 4 nights credit for a 2 nights stay at RC Ras Al Khaimah.
The account activity said 2 nights no bonus mentioned.
but night count in app increased by 4.
not sure if its glitch or double rc nights

LostInTranslation Oct 27, 18 6:56 am

I combined my account from RC and so that remains as my primary account; I have subsequently still received double elite nights. Wish I knew about this earlier.... It will be interesting to see if this continues post-January; I suspect not.

t1c Oct 27, 18 9:11 am

Originally Posted by LostInTranslation (Post 30361922)
I combined my account from RC and so that remains as my primary account; I have subsequently still received double elite nights. Wish I knew about this earlier.... It will be interesting to see if this continues post-January; I suspect not.

I also combined my Ritz and SPG account...I would also be surprised if this still happens in 2019... is anyone staying in a Ritz thru NYE?

kaizen7 Oct 31, 18 6:34 am

Planning to stay at RC tokyo in January ... will report the night count of that stay.

If RC double nights still continue post January then it will be good compensation from RC reduced elite benefits. (no breakfast no lounge etc)
And with RC room rate, I think even at 50 nights one can easily passed the 20k requirements for ambassador service.

sig05 Nov 1, 18 8:10 pm

Had a stay at Ritz SF two weeks ago and did not get double nights credited. Combined SPG with my Ritz account.

BillBurn Nov 10, 18 4:56 pm

I think you have to be part of the Ritz Carlton Rewards Program to get the double elite nights. I''ve stayed at the RC SF since the merger and received double nights credit. Right now as far as I can tell, the advantage of the RC Program is that you get double nights at RC, but you don't get access to some of the other Marriott promotions.

SP03 Nov 12, 18 7:21 pm

I used to have Ritz Rewards but I combined with SPG and I think I kept the SPG account since I've had it longer. Is there anyway to change it back to Ritz Rewards?