FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ritz Carlton (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ritz-carlton-760/)
-   -   Super Bowl - Ritz Carlton NO $4k or $5,500 per night (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ritz-carlton/1433402-super-bowl-ritz-carlton-no-4k-5-500-per-night.html)

Travel Pro Jan 30, 13 9:44 am

Super Bowl - Ritz Carlton NO $4k or $5,500 per night
 
Need a room for the Super Bowl in New Orleans this weekend? One just opened at the Ritz Carlton for $5,500.... oops, also a room for $4,000/night, a suite no less. Of course if you're on a budget you can book the Courtyard for only $2,000 night. What's amazing is that while the room rate is jacked up 10 times the normal rate at the Ritz... but parking is a real bargain at $40... wonder why that's not marked up to $400 night? Guess it wouldn't look good. I wonder if anyone actually books these rooms at those rates?

Summary of Charges
Summary of Room Charges Cost per night per room (USD) Thursday, January 31, 2013 - Monday, February 4, 2013 (4 nights) $5,500.00/night
Deluxe 2 Bedded Accommodations, prepay in full, non-refundable if cancelled more than 1 day after booking Estimated government taxes and fees $717.00 Total for stay (per room) $24,868.00

ADDITIONAL CHARGES
Valet parking, fee: 40 USD daily Changes in taxes or fees implemented after booking will affect the total room price. Rate Rules

Deluxe 2 Bedded Accommodations, prepay in full, non-refundable if cancelled more than 1 day after booking Holding Your Reservation
We will need a credit card prepayment to reserve your room.
To ensure that you receive this special advance purchase rate, we will charge your credit card a prepayment of 24,868.00 USD (your full room charge plus tax) when you make your reservation.

Canceling Your Reservation
You may cancel your reservation for no charge until January 31, 2013.
Please note that we will assess a fee of 24,868.00 USD if you must cancel after this deadline.
If you have made a prepayment, we will retain all or part of your prepayment. If not, we will charge your credit card.
This fee equals your room charge plus tax for all the nights of your reservation.

BKKLEE Jan 30, 13 5:27 pm

and you didn't know the SB venue nor date of the game long before this when inventory was available throughout the city???????? just proves the old adage that those who wait lose, or in this case, pay thru the nose.......


Originally Posted by Travel Pro (Post 20152812)
Need a room for the Super Bowl in New Orleans this weekend? One just opened at the Ritz Carlton for $5,500.... oops, also a room for $4,000/night, a suite no less. Of course if you're on a budget you can book the Courtyard for only $2,000 night. What's amazing is that while the room rate is jacked up 10 times the normal rate at the Ritz... but parking is a real bargain at $40... wonder why that's not marked up to $400 night? Guess it wouldn't look good. I wonder if anyone actually books these rooms at those rates?

Summary of Charges
Summary of Room Charges Cost per night per room (USD) Thursday, January 31, 2013 - Monday, February 4, 2013 (4 nights) $5,500.00/night
Deluxe 2 Bedded Accommodations, prepay in full, non-refundable if cancelled more than 1 day after booking Estimated government taxes and fees $717.00 Total for stay (per room) $24,868.00

ADDITIONAL CHARGES
Valet parking, fee: 40 USD daily Changes in taxes or fees implemented after booking will affect the total room price. Rate Rules

Deluxe 2 Bedded Accommodations, prepay in full, non-refundable if cancelled more than 1 day after booking Holding Your Reservation
We will need a credit card prepayment to reserve your room.
To ensure that you receive this special advance purchase rate, we will charge your credit card a prepayment of 24,868.00 USD (your full room charge plus tax) when you make your reservation.

Canceling Your Reservation
You may cancel your reservation for no charge until January 31, 2013.
Please note that we will assess a fee of 24,868.00 USD if you must cancel after this deadline.
If you have made a prepayment, we will retain all or part of your prepayment. If not, we will charge your credit card.
This fee equals your room charge plus tax for all the nights of your reservation.


MaineFlyer16 Jan 30, 13 6:35 pm


Originally Posted by BKKLEE (Post 20155944)
and you didn't know the SB venue nor date of the game long before this when inventory was available throughout the city???????? just proves the old adage that those who wait lose, or in this case, pay thru the nose.......

Some people only go if their teams make it, which they would not have known until 10 days ago.

BKKLEE Jan 30, 13 6:51 pm

as an avid NFL-ite, I fully recognize that the 2 teams heading for the Big Show are not determined until 2 weeks before the actual game, but that being said the teams getting into the playoffs were known in December at which time resees could have more easily been made and a final determination of using the resee if your team made it to the Big Show used or if not that's why they have a CXL resee option............

QUOTE=MaineFlyer16;20156269]Some people only go if their teams make it, which they would not have known until 10 days ago.[/QUOTE]

CPRich Jan 30, 13 7:46 pm


Originally Posted by MaineFlyer16 (Post 20156269)
Some people only go if their teams make it, which they would not have known until 10 days ago.

And some people realize that rooms can be cancelled, so they make reservations 12 and 18 months out (SPG, Marriott) just in case. :p (though not next year - my parents live nearby)

MyTravels Jan 30, 13 9:04 pm


Originally Posted by Travel Pro (Post 20152812)
One just opened at the Ritz Carlton for $5,500.... oops, also a room for $4,000/night, a suite no less. Of course if you're on a budget you can book the Courtyard for only $2,000 night. What's amazing is that while the room rate is jacked up 10 times the normal rate at the Ritz... but parking is a real bargain at $40... wonder why that's not marked up to $400 night? Guess it wouldn't look good. I wonder if anyone actually books these rooms at those rates.

Looks like it:

The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans
No rooms are available at this hotel for the dates you selected. Please refine your search. You can either change your dates, or search for other nearby hotels.

** NO ROOMS AVAILABLE FOR REQUESTED DATES **

tracon Jan 30, 13 10:09 pm

There's a customer born every minute.:)

Travel Pro Jan 31, 13 2:55 am

Ritz is Still Trying... Even Raised the Rate
 

Originally Posted by MyTravels (Post 20157027)
Looks like it:

The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans
No rooms are available at this hotel for the dates you selected. Please refine your search. You can either change your dates, or search for other nearby hotels.

** NO ROOMS AVAILABLE FOR REQUESTED DATES **

You couldn't book a room for the Super Bowl as most hotels, even a year out, sell at inflated prices with NO CANCELLATION. The Ritz rooms are back... noticed they just raised the $4k/nt room is now $4,500/nt. Probably pulled them off the market while they had a meeting to discuss raising the rates. They kept the $5,500/nt. room the same. I always find it interesting to see how high they'll raise the rate for the Super Bowl. Went to the game last year and was able to get rooms a little outside of Indy a few days out as the $1,500/nt rates dropped to $259.00. New Orleans looks a lot tougher.

The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans
Standard Rates
From 4,500.00 (USD) per night
Regular rate, prepay in full, non-refundable if cancelled more than 1 day after booking

4,500.00
USD / Night
1 Bedroom Executive Suite, 1 King, Sofabed

Rate rules Room details

Deluxe 2 Bedded Accommodations, prepay in full, non-refundable if cancelled more than 1 day after booking

5,500.00
USD / Night
Larger Studio, 2 Queen, Sofabed, High floor

TommyC80 Jan 31, 13 8:36 am

If you're dropping 5k+ on superbowl tickets, you're most likely in a class of people that could care less about having a $4500 hotel room at the Ritz.

Capitalism at its best.

SkiAdcock Jan 31, 13 9:31 am


Originally Posted by TommyC80 (Post 20159407)
If you're dropping 5k+ on superbowl tickets, you're most likely in a class of people that could care less about having a $4500 hotel room at the Ritz.

That thought crossed my mind when I read this thread yesterday.

Cheers.

WineAGcom Jan 31, 13 12:20 pm


Originally Posted by TommyC80 (Post 20159407)
If you're dropping 5k+ on superbowl tickets, you're most likely in a class of people that could care less about having a $4500 hotel room at the Ritz.

Capitalism at its best.

Probably right. Still, this is pretty excessive. I've stayed at the Ritz in MSY (just ok) and $20k for a 4 night stay is crazy, I don't care how much money you've got. Can buy a car for that. That's probably why it's still available.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 2:56 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.