Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Upgrade Experiences - Pre-Aug, 2018 Merger

Ritz Upgrade Experiences - Pre-Aug, 2018 Merger

Old Sep 30, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
My club certs expire on 1/4/18. I am going to book a stay in Bali for 1/14-1/20. I am renewing my RC Chase card so I will presumably get 3 more certs. So I need to wait for next year's certs to be deposited after renewal or can I use the ones now? Is the expiration date for when I invoke them or when the stay is?
Old Sep 30, 2017, 9:51 am

OK, I called and the pre-paid rate I booked was not eligible for club level certs but I was within grace period so she rebooked me at a rate that was eligible. Ironically, it was about 5% less than the pre-pay rate so go figure. She then said she extended one of my certs to cover that stay and applied it. But when I go into res and cert list, I see all 3 certs as outstanding and with original expiry. I do see a rate code I like in reservation and am sure when my next year certs are deposited, I can call back, but does this look right? Or maybe it just takes time to process. The RC is about $100 more than the Conrad per night but with the Club access, I think that will make it worth it.
Attached Images   
Old Sep 30, 2017, 10:12 am

Never mind, a few minutes later I got an email confirming a reward which clearly shows the club access. Lessons Learned: they will extend your club certs by 2.5 weeks, you have to call in to get the rate and sometimes it's even cheaper than the pre-paid rate. This is roughly $210 USD per night for a beachfront Ritz Carlton with full club lounge access and a 1K square foot room. I think I'll be just fine.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Which rates to use upgrade certificates?

Hi,

which rate should I book to be able to use the RC credit card's upgrade certificates to Club Level? I was hoping to book a room using UR points through the chase travel portal and then call in - would that work?

Thanks!
Old Oct 12, 2017, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by oneworld82
Hi,

which rate should I book to be able to use the RC credit card's upgrade certificates to Club Level? I was hoping to book a room using UR points through the chase travel portal and then call in - would that work?

Thanks!
The club level upgrade cert has its own rate, which is Z38. You have to call MR or Ritz Rewards to apply the certificate.

No, I don't believe booking on UR points would qualify.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
Its basically the rack rate, no corporate rate or any other discount rate would qualify.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by bergamini
Never mind, a few minutes later I got an email confirming a reward which clearly shows the club access. Lessons Learned: they will extend your club certs by 2.5 weeks, you have to call in to get the rate and sometimes it's even cheaper than the pre-paid rate. This is roughly $210 USD per night for a beachfront Ritz Carlton with full club lounge access and a 1K square foot room. I think I'll be just fine.
We loved the ritz in Bali, not the greatest club lounge (HK blew it away) but still nice to stop in for beverages and snacks. Def do breakfast at the restaurant and not the lounge, doesn't even compare.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 10:42 pm

^
Originally Posted by kar don
We loved the ritz in Bali, not the greatest club lounge (HK blew it away) but still nice to stop in for beverages and snacks. Def do breakfast at the restaurant and not the lounge, doesn't even compare.
I'm there 7 nights and possibly using a second cert to stay even longer, so I'll have time to try both. But I do like a good breakfast. My only FT "friend" and frequent tennis partner said the HK lounge was unreal. I need to go to there.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by bergamini
^

I'm there 7 nights and possibly using a second cert to stay even longer, so I'll have time to try both. But I do like a good breakfast. My only FT "friend" and frequent tennis partner said the HK lounge was unreal. I need to go to there.
Try both, we stopped at the lounge one morning and we were like nope restaurant. BTW our rate for club level cert included breakfast in the restaurant... i believe yours may as well.

Also we got upgraded to a ritz carlton suite on the 6th floor... the other floors dont really get a good view. Just speak to Andri, he will take care of you, great service.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 10:48 pm

I can't tell online. It teases me by saying "Rate Details: The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card, includes " and then nothing. Tell me, please, what does it include?!?!

I'll hope for a pleasant surprise at check-in.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 10:48 pm

Asia free club level upgrades - bloggers get them

So I've been searching for hotels in HK and Tokyo and I saw numerous bloggers boasting about how they were gold and platinum and got club level upgrades. Is this possible, I have ritz upgrade certs but would rather use points as the tokyo ritz is quite a good value for redemption.

I'm marriott/spg plat and always told that you have to pay or use a cert for club level...

We are going for our honeymoon next month.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:36 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
How long after you receive the RC Credit Card until the Club Upgrade certs appear in your account? I'm planning a RC stay for February and am considering applying for the CC.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:17 am

They appeared within the month for me.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
You have to pay for them but some people just luck out on this stuff. This summer I went to Hotel Arts in BCN for a family member's birthday trip across Europe and only received a base room as a Platinum. However, I read that someone else that was there around the same timeframe received club access and a seaview suite upgrade.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:13 pm

Suite upgrade with RCC upgrade certs?

I am planning to go to the RC Orlando the week before Christmas. I'd like to book a lake view room with two queen beds and use RC Club upgrade certificates. As a Platinum member, will I still be eligible for a suite upgrade if they are available? Will be traveling with two toddlers and am hoping for a two room suite upgrade. Would love to hear about any experience with Ritz Orlando! Are they pretty good about upgrades for guests?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.