Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

So. Calif. Ritz Carlton for $1 per night just before Thanksgiving

Old Oct 8, 12, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Hello everyone,

This is my first post although I have been visiting this forum often and find it extremely useful.

So here is my story. A few months ago I booked a trip to California for November. Prior to making any reservations, I searched for Marriott promo codes online.

I found several codes and I painstakingly entered each one into the Marriott reservation website with no luck. As I was about to give up, the promo code "LPR" worked for the Ritz in Southern California at $1/per night.

I went ahead and booked my stay and I'm extremely excited about this deal, but I'm now wondering if I found this promo in error and perhaps the Ritz can reject this promo at the time of check-in.

Is it possible that this is a legit promo that the Ritz was running and I just got lucky? I tried to enter this promo code for other days and it would only work for the week before Thanksgiving.

Anyway, please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you,

Old Oct 8, 12, 2:53 pm
Senior Moderator/Moderator: United MileagePlus

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus]; SPG Lifetime Plat (and now MR Plat); HY whatever-ist..
StoneIPA, welcome to FlyerTalk. As this is specific to the Ritz Carlton (Marriott) group, please follow as it moves to that specific hotel group forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Oct 8, 12, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Bronze, TK Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, IC Plat Amb
On the website under rules it says that this is Gift Certificate rate and that you will need to present GC at the check in.

Rate Rules
Gift Certificate, see Rate Rules
Additional Information
**LOCM - Gift Certificate**
- Central Reservations may book this
- Based on Space Available
If desired dates are not available - it is not available
- Guest must present Certificate at Check-in
Rate change will occur for failure to present cert at c/in
- Parking and Resort Fee included
- Must add Gift Cert number to res ex RCLN 1111
- Central res may book this - do not call property to book
Old Oct 8, 12, 7:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
seems to be a lergit promo, but seriously doubt you have the cert required so be prepared to pay FULL rack rate.............

Rate Rules
Gift Certificate, see Rate Rules
Additional Information
**LOCM - Gift Certificate**
- Central Reservations may book this
- Based on Space Available
If desired dates are not available - it is not available
- Guest must present Certificate at Check-in
Rate change will occur for failure to present cert at c/in
- Parking and Resort Fee included
- Must add Gift Cert number to res ex RCLN 1111
- Central res may book this - do not call property to book

Originally Posted by StoneIPA View Post
Hello everyone,

This is my first post although I have been visiting this forum often and find it extremely useful.

So here is my story. A few months ago I booked a trip to California for November. Prior to making any reservations, I searched for Marriott promo codes online.

I found several codes and I painstakingly entered each one into the Marriott reservation website with no luck. As I was about to give up, the promo code "LPR" worked for the Ritz in Southern California at $1/per night.

I went ahead and booked my stay and I'm extremely excited about this deal, but I'm now wondering if I found this promo in error and perhaps the Ritz can reject this promo at the time of check-in.

Is it possible that this is a legit promo that the Ritz was running and I just got lucky? I tried to enter this promo code for other days and it would only work for the week before Thanksgiving.

Anyway, please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you,

Old Oct 8, 12, 7:54 pm

You could have saved the post by remembering what mom taught you: "if it sounds too good to be true...."
Old Oct 8, 12, 8:14 pm
Suspended

why? the "deal" seems to be real IF you have the appropriate cert...........

Originally Posted by SacTownGuy View Post
You could have saved the post by remembering what mom taught you: "if it sounds too good to be true...."
Old Oct 9, 12, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by BKKLEE View Post
why? the "deal" seems to be real IF you have the appropriate cert...........
Ya, but he doesn't. He's just trying random codes. If I had ten million dollars I would be at home in bed right now but I don't. If my Dodgers had won more games they would be in the playoffs but they didn't. It's all similar.
Old Oct 9, 12, 8:15 am
Suspended

so, let um find out the hard way................
and where is Duke Snyder & Sandy Koufax when ya need him..........

Originally Posted by SacTownGuy View Post
Ya, but he doesn't. He's just trying random codes. If I had ten million dollars I would be at home in bed right now but I don't. If my Dodgers had won more games they would be in the playoffs but they didn't. It's all similar.
Old Oct 9, 12, 11:00 am

Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, Frontier, Delta, Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club
OP: thanks for the post, but this pot of gold is just pyrite.
Too bad, but appreciate the sharing. Once in a while there is a mistake fare that is completely legit. Great to share the wealth and help out fellow FTers. Definitely appreciated!
Old Oct 9, 12, 6:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimePlatinum
StoneIPA, you've got the proverbial chance in hades of them honoring the rate w/o the cert.

Cancel the ressie & book a dif property.

PS - Welcome to Flyertalk!

Cheers.
Old Oct 9, 12, 7:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold,Hyatt Diamond
I tested the LPR (different hotel) waters a few months ago, found a $1 rate,and booked it online out of curiosity. This is the email I received from hotel management:

"Regarding your room reservations received yesterday for arrival on October xx confirmation numbers #xyz. The rates you reserved should not have been available to you online and per the Terms of Use, item #9 on the Marriott.com website your rate has been updated to the correct rate of $208 per night."

Last edited by kmwjes; Oct 9, 12 at 7:19 pm
Old Oct 9, 12, 8:01 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by StoneIPA View Post
Hello everyone,

for the effort. Good luck.
Old Oct 9, 12, 10:45 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
This is not a mistake rate, expect to pay +/- $400 if you do not have the proper certificate.
Old Oct 11, 12, 3:12 am

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott P, IHG P
Originally Posted by kmwjes View Post
I tested the LPR (different hotel) waters a few months ago, found a $1 rate,and booked it online out of curiosity. This is the email I received from hotel management:

"Regarding your room reservations received yesterday for arrival on October xx confirmation numbers #xyz. The rates you reserved should not have been available to you online and per the Terms of Use, item #9 on the Marriott.com website your rate has been updated to the correct rate of $208 per night."
What if you use that rate to do a LNF?
Old Oct 11, 12, 3:40 am
Suspended

great idea but I think $0.75 would be toooooo much to pay for an RC night..........
in any event since the original rate required a cert, kinda doubt they'd approve it, but I've learned long ago never say never............

Originally Posted by nacho View Post
What if you use that rate to do a LNF?

Last edited by BKKLEE; Oct 11, 12 at 4:22 am