Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Platinum member about to be downgraded?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2012, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium

A question for you veterans. I'm currently a first year RC Platinum member. I'm mapping out my stays this year and I won't even be close to 50 nights, let alone 75 nights.

That said, I am doing my wedding at a Ritz next year and am planning to stay at Phulay Bay and the RC Hong Kong for my honeymoon. With the rewarding events credit and some other business/leisure travel I estimate that I'll be around 38 nights....but well over $40,000 in spend.

What are my chances of retaining Platinum next year or at least a soft landing to Gold?

Last edited by TommyC80; Jan 4, 2012 at 7:00 pm
Old Jan 4, 2012, 6:34 pm

Email Marriott rewards, state your case nicely, and ask them to waive the nights you're missing. I did this two years ago when a job change left me short of the 75 nights a bit. They responded right away, waived the nights I needed, and gave me the status for the next year.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
You could always obtain Gold status with the Ritz-Carlton Credit Card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.