Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by txpenny
I called Marriott Rewards on the 4th and asked for an extension. My 3 were set to expire in December. I've had several stays at tier 5 RC's this year and no 4's or less. Don't know if that had anything to do with the extension, but all 3 were extended to 1 year from the date I called (now expiring 8.4.18).
Im sure you're a good customer and asked nicely. But, just curious...if you still had 3 certs and have had several stays, did you not use any certs for these stays? Btw, I did get one cert extended last year with no problem. Cheers.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by txpenny
I called Marriott Rewards on the 4th and asked for an extension. My 3 were set to expire in December. I've had several stays at tier 5 RC's this year and no 4's or less. Don't know if that had anything to do with the extension, but all 3 were extended to 1 year from the date I called (now expiring 8.4.18).
I called Chase Ritz Carlton line and asked for extension or covert the certificate to points. Chase said they will contact the hotel and ask for the extension and will let me know the result. If Chase came back with a "No," then I will try what you did! My 3 certificates will expire end of Nov this year and I have not stayed at any Ritz Carlton this year so far.

May I ask what is the Marriott number you call?

thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by apple1122
i called chase ritz carlton line and asked for extension or covert the certificate to points. Chase said they will contact the hotel and ask for the extension and will let me know the result. If chase came back with a "no," then i will try what you did! My 3 certificates will expire end of nov this year and i have not stayed at any ritz carlton this year so far.

May i ask what is the marriott number you call?

Thanks!
800-321-7396
Old Aug 7, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by jeepie
Im sure you're a good customer and asked nicely. But, just curious...if you still had 3 certs and have had several stays, did you not use any certs for these stays? Btw, I did get one cert extended last year with no problem. Cheers.
I had my original 3 still unused.

The timing of my Japan trip didn't work out as I did stay at the Osaka RC (< T5 ), but the certs weren't in my account in time to use.

All the other RC stays were T5.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
So I've hit 75k in annual spend, am curious about how Plat from 75k spend works. If I ever cancel the card (say switch to Sapphire Reserve), will Plat get clawed back? Years ago when I had the Ritz-Carlton card the first time around I had Gold clawed back when I cancelled the card after 10k spend in the prior year...
Old Oct 3, 2017, 6:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by msp3
So I've hit 75k in annual spend, am curious about how Plat from 75k spend works. If I ever cancel the card (say switch to Sapphire Reserve), will Plat get clawed back? Years ago when I had the Ritz-Carlton card the first time around I had Gold clawed back when I cancelled the card after 10k spend in the prior year...
You can only product change to a Marriott card from a Ritz card.

The terms say the card has to be open in good standing. I’d expect a return to whatever status your stays and other cards give.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by highops
You can only product change to a Marriott card from a Ritz card.

The terms say the card has to be open in good standing. I’d expect a return to whatever status your stays and other cards give.
Sorry I meant to say open a Sapphire Reserve, transfer available credit over, and then close down the Ritz-Carlton card.

Am trying to figure out if I can take part in Plat buyback even if my status was card granted, as even at 1% cash back in Ultimate Rewards from Sapphire Reserve of $75,000 annual spend would be worth $750, and Plat buyback is only 40,000 pts?
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:16 pm

Sorry I meant to say open a Sapphire Reserve, transfer available credit over, and then close down the Ritz-Carlton card.

Am trying to figure out if I can take part in Plat buyback even if my status was card granted, as even at 1% cash back in Ultimate Rewards from Sapphire Reserve of $75,000 annual spend would be worth $750, and Plat buyback is only 40,000 pts?
Is this a every year thing? Might as well get plat via ritz @75k(assuming starting from scratch) then maintain it @40,000 marriott points/year (only 13.3k spend on spg..)

Whats the strategy? 75k year on ritz is alot for 75k marriott pts. Heck. Just got a promo for 30k (90k marriott) spg points on 15k spend.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 1:27 pm

I got my Marriott Plat from the 75K spent and I cancelled the Ritz card back in April. I am still Plat now on Marriott and on linked SPG. I have no status with Marriott or SPG before Ritz card.

Last edited by Need; Oct 6, 2017 at 1:35 pm
Old Oct 6, 2017, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by Need
I got my Marriott Plat from the 75K spent and I cancelled the Ritz card back in April. I am still Plat now on Marriott and on linked SPG. I have no status with Marriott or SPG before Ritz card.
I'm concerned if the Plat is not earned by nights, then the Plat buyback offer will not show up, and I'll have to go through the 75k (after re-applying for the card) all over again...
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:52 am

I had few questions regarding this card:
[1] While applying it's asking for RC reward number. Is there a way to get it on my Marriott rewards number?
[2] If I already have a Marriott rewards premier credit card, can I still PC this RC card to the Marriott rewards premier card? If yes, would I get double elite credits (15*2) or just 15 elite credits in all?
Thanks..
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:14 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Originally Posted by rct12345
I had few questions regarding this card:
[1] While applying it's asking for RC reward number. Is there a way to get it on my Marriott rewards number?
[2] If I already have a Marriott rewards premier credit card, can I still PC this RC card to the Marriott rewards premier card? If yes, would I get double elite credits (15*2) or just 15 elite credits in all?
Thanks..
1) The two programs are the same program with different marketing "front ends". Your MR and RC rewards numbers are therefore the same number.
2) I do not think the RC credit card gives elite credits as one of the perks, but perhaps you have a promotion. Ordinarily the cards would give distinct benefits that are combinable. At least that was my experience in the past.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by cbellero
1) The two programs are the same program with different marketing "front ends". Your MR and RC rewards numbers are therefore the same number.
2) I do not think the RC credit card gives elite credits as one of the perks, but perhaps you have a promotion. Ordinarily the cards would give distinct benefits that are combinable. At least that was my experience in the past.
Thanks for [1]
For [2], I think you misread my question. I was asking about product changing it to marriott rewards card. If that's doable if I already have a marriott rewards card and then if I have 2 marriott cards, would I get 2*15 elite credits (as a feature of marriott card and NOT RC card).
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:30 am

R-C and MR are the same program. You could proceed with the application using your MR number.

I would suggest just converting your account to R-C, and your MR credit card would still work of course.

There are status benefits to R-C credit card. Gold comped first year, and then Gold for $10k/year, Platinum for $75k/year spend.

All of this (and SPG) are going to be consolidated into one program in the near future. So I wouldn’t think too far ahead. Use the cards now for the benefits and bonuses, and then figure out which ones to keep or cancel/product change in the future when the new program is rolled out.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by rct12345
Thanks for [1]
For [2], I think you misread my question. I was asking about product changing it to marriott rewards card. If that's doable if I already have a marriott rewards card and then if I have 2 marriott cards, would I get 2*15 elite credits (as a feature of marriott card and NOT RC card).
I also misread the question. You probably could product change to MR, but I doubt that benefit would duplicate (assuming Chase and MR are reasonably intelligent). It would be better to just have both R-C and MR credit card. Your R-C and MR accounts are one and the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.