Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2011, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Has anybody actually received that 50,000 bonus points after first use credited to their accounts yet? Offer details state "After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your account.", but I'm not sure if this is 6 to 8 weeks after the actual card use, or 6 to 8 weeks after the statement is sent.

Would like to use the points for a New Years stay, but I'm not sure if the room will still be available come mid-September...
Old Jul 20, 2011, 7:52 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
You don't have to have the points in your account to book an award, so go ahead and book your NYE stay. Your 50K points will definitely post by December as that is much more than 6-8 weeks away.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
When I looked at the online reservation using points, it gives me the option of "I will order e-certificate(s) upon earning the required points. " But that was the first I had ever heard of "e-certificates", and I couldn't find a place that adequately explains what I would need to do to attach the points after making the reservation. I would appreciate if you could point out an explanation on how this is done!
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:30 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
You make the reservation. Then when you have enough points you a call up MR and have the MR CSR take out the points for the e-certificate and attach it to your award reservation. If you don't call, then a week or two prior to your stay the points for the required e-certificate will automatically be deducted from your MR account and the resulting e-certificate is attached to your award reservation. If you end up not having the requisite points a week or two prior to your stay they are suppose to contact you.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Has anybody actually received that 50,000 bonus points after first use credited to their accounts yet? Offer details state "After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your account.", but I'm not sure if this is 6 to 8 weeks after the actual card use, or 6 to 8 weeks after the statement is sent.

Would like to use the points for a New Years stay, but I'm not sure if the room will still be available come mid-September...
50K points posted within a week after first purchase plus three e-certificates for the club upgrades are in account.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 2:46 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
For those of you who already have this card, did anyone add an additional cardholder? If so, did you BOTH get the ability to get separate Priority Pass Select cards?

I know the AMEX Platinum gives additional card holders this ability, but it's also an extra $150 for additional cardholders. If my spouse and I can both have independent lounge access for $395 (plus the other benefits) I think this card is well worth it.

Anyone have personal experience with this?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 3:27 am

Programs: CX GO, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, PC Plat Amb, MR Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by DragonMartini
For those of you who already have this card, did anyone add an additional cardholder? If so, did you BOTH get the ability to get separate Priority Pass Select cards?

I know the AMEX Platinum gives additional card holders this ability, but it's also an extra $150 for additional cardholders. If my spouse and I can both have independent lounge access for $395 (plus the other benefits) I think this card is well worth it.

Anyone have personal experience with this?
Got 3 additional card holders on my account, and got one PP for each one of us, totalling 4 PP on my account. Just call the concierge to request PP for the additional card holders.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Do you get mailed the priority pass card? How do you request it for primary cardholder?
Old Aug 4, 2011, 11:47 am

Programs: DL PM, A+Elite, Marriott Gold
Will the Gold status for the first year apply to Marriott as well?
Old Aug 4, 2011, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Chari910
Will the Gold status for the first year apply to Marriott as well?
It definitely does, yes.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 12:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Warning: Ritz Credit Card = Fineprint EVERYWHERE- AVOID!!!

1 -
$100 Food Credit for 2 nights - Per Ritz Rep is subject to availability. They told me my existing reservation was during peak season so can't be used. So this is a near useless credit!

My stay is for over $2k and 5 days. $100 credit on food would be minor since my food bill is likely to be quite high. And was told no

2 -
Club level upgrade - Told different things by different people. One told me can only be used on a pts reservation. Another said you need to pay a higher rate. A third had no clue there was a Ritz card and was amazed at my award. Finally spoke to someone who understood things (supervisor). Also had to get Lurker involved and now I used the award to get club access (but not a club room; on a waiting list for that). Feel a little cheated since I am using the award without getting a nicer room but since I'm stuck with a $400 annual fee card what else to do.

I feel like I paid $400 to scammers(Chase). Now I don't blame Ritz, I believe Chase wanted to market a premium card, but put so many bs rules in effect it's a crappy card unless you get lucky. The rep did say they are working on streamlining the rules to make it easier for people to understand.

That said if the annual fee was $100 like a reg credit card it would be a great card.

Last edited by welookgood.com; Aug 5, 2011 at 1:50 pm
Old Aug 5, 2011, 1:56 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by welookgood.com
Now I don't blame Ritz...The rep did say they are working on streamlining the rules to make it easier for people to understand.
I don't absolve Marriott/Ritz because their name/s are on the card. I have no doubt that the Ritz promotion offers related to the card are fully approved by Marriott.

The concept of the promos is to make it appear the maximum is being given out, while at the same time giving out as little as possible. The easiest way to accomplish this also verges on the dishonest. That is, promise a lot, but put restrictions on which a customer only realizes when trying to use the promo. I haven't read the details of all the offers, but have read enough in threads here to make a judgment. However, I also don't discount the possibility that, as usual, the customer service folks have no clue as to the actual rules. In either case, they ought to call the card the "Ritz Gotcha Card".
Old Aug 6, 2011, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by welookgood.com
My stay is for over $2k and 5 days.
Then you might want to enroll in this offer:

Stay 4 or more consecutive nights (@ at a participating Ritz) and recieve 30,000 Ritz-Carlton Rewards bonus points that will enhance your future stays.

Stay between July 18 and September 9, 2011
Register between July 7 and August 15, 2011.

Register here
http://www.ritzcarltonrewards.com/extra
Old Aug 7, 2011, 10:40 pm

My trip is in Dec

However I looked at booking another Ritz in Sept for 4 nights for the Promo.

With the CC to get the $100 food credit the rate is $50 more a night!!!!!!!! So they expect you to pay an extra $200 (4 nights X 50) to get a $100 food credit!

Along with the $400 annual fee.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 6:49 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Sounds like you've had a miserable summer with most anything Marriott:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-recourse.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...l#post16318559
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...sheratons.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...t-premier.html

After all of this, why would you even bother with opening a Ritz co-branded credit card? Perhaps you'd be better off avoiding the stress and moving your business to another brand where you and your showdog feel more appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.