Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2014, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, RCplatinum, Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by nic3456
How is it easier than AMEX? everytime AMEX has been automated for me - that's pretty easy....
Wasn't for me last time. Took 2 phone calls and a letter to the EO and 3 statements to post this year. Charge was coded properly. Finally posted last month with 20,000 MR points as an apology with no explanation of why
Old Aug 31, 2014, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by Preacher7
Has anyone had an approval using these codes since this person posted? Or can we just put a fork in this deal and call it done?
Someone please let us know
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by frequentflier2014
Called today and applied for the 70k offer (annual fee waived). Approved with no problems! Offer still alive and kicking.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:05 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Ritz Card

Annual fee just came up. Debating between renewal and canceling maybe applying down the road.

Wonder what others are doing...
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:56 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by fivegirls
Called today and applied for the 70k offer (annual fee waived). Approved with no problems! Offer still alive and kicking.
Great! I'll be applying for the no-fee offer on Friday! I guess buying six $50 AA lounge passes would work for the $300 travel credit, eh?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 1:16 am

Approved using code F5BP

Originally Posted by frequentflier2014
Hi all,

I'm brand new to the miles and points game but this seemed like too good a deal to pass up. Both my husband and I were able to call and get the 140k point offer tonight using code F5BP.

Wonder why it didn't work for some people... Any theories?? Are we all calling the same number to apply (888-846-7004)?

Now I just have to decide whether to take the 132k united transfer or go for the Southwest companion pass!

Those who've done this before... Any tips for making the most of the $300 airline credit? I've seen a few people mention buying airline gift cards / gift certificates... How does that work?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 2:39 pm

I really hope the no fee offer hangs around till Friday. I'm waiting for my HPs from my early March AOR to fall off!

Last edited by Preacher7; Sep 3, 2014 at 3:56 pm
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:34 pm

I just called the number for the 70k offer and he said I had to log in to the website to apply. Called back and got the same guy! Must not be a very busy call center.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, RCplatinum, Hyatt diamond
Credit Card Club Upgrade worked!

Was looking to book Ritz Cancun next weekend. Lowest price room was $269. Lowest priced Club level was $699! Yikes, they sure love their club level in Cancun. Did not hold out much hope but called to see if I could use one of my 3 club ugrades from the Chase card. Was told no problem and booked at $269. When I got my confirmation e mail I saw the $100 credit for a two night booking as well. Forgot all about that one! I hope I can use the other two as easily.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 12:49 am

For people that signed up for the 140k points offer, when does the annual fee show up on your balance? Immediately or the next statement?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 1:20 am

Programs: DL Platinum/Marriott Gold/RCCL D+/Celebrity Elite/Princess Elite
Originally Posted by acefspadez
For people that signed up for the 140k points offer, when does the annual fee show up on your balance? Immediately or the next statement?

We got our card around August 19 or so... annual fee posted on September 1.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by 1oftheLuvs
We got our card around August 19 or so... annual fee posted on September 1.
I received mine around August 6th or so and the fee hit on 9/1 as well.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 10:10 pm

My son applied for the card. He's had the United MPE card for years, literally, and the Freedom, but is barely under 21. So they forced him to fill out a form and fax it back to them! Can u believe it? Citi, Amex, B of A and Barclays have no problem with giving him cards. And he already has 2 Chase cards! It's ridiculous. They say it's a policy for everyone under 21, but they didn't ask him before. Unbelievable. Have any of you experienced this?
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:42 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Preacher7
My son applied for the card. He's had the United MPE card for years, literally, and the Freedom, but is barely under 21. So they forced him to fill out a form and fax it back to them! Can u believe it? Citi, Amex, B of A and Barclays have no problem with giving him cards. And he already has 2 Chase cards! It's ridiculous. They say it's a policy for everyone under 21, but they didn't ask him before. Unbelievable.
Very believable.

Per the Credit CARD Act of 2009, applicants under 21 need to have a co-signer (who is older than 21) to open a credit card account. This requirement can be waived if the applicant documents his/her financial ability to pay the charges resulting from credit card usage. One of these requirements must be met before a new credit card account can be issued.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 11:15 am

Thx for sharing this, it helps me understand the process. It's a moot point now, as he'll be 21 next month. He's been churning since he's 18, when he got a targeted offer from Amex for the PRG, and he's never had a situation like this one happen. I guess he's flown under the radar till now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.