Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 7, 16, 7:59 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: philemer
Wiki Link
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 4, 14, 10:58 pm

Programs: all
Originally Posted by op487062 View Post
Does the annual fee count towards the spend/points?

I noticed the fee was add to my first months bill immediately
i don't believe the fee counts
Old Aug 5, 14, 8:40 am

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, WN AList CP, MR PLT, HH DIA, SPG PLT, IHG SPI
Redacted. Put in more appropriate thread.
Old Aug 5, 14, 12:36 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Gold & PC Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Called and provided F35k. Was told the code is no longer valid.

Called again. Same result. A little too late for me.

**Oops, I provided wrong code. Should be F53k. It worked.

Last edited by SESTAR; Aug 5, 14 at 12:38 pm Reason: Provided wrong code.
Old Aug 6, 14, 8:11 am

Programs: SPG - Gold, HHonorsS - Gold, AmEX Platinum
Club upgrade without paying on CC?

Qualified for a trip at work to the Ritz in Grand Cayman. Boss is picking up the tab on the hotel room itself. Has anyone had any experience in using the club upgrade certificates on stays not booked through credit card itself? It's pretty clear in the T&C that they can only be used when booked with the card, which sometimes means nothing and sometimes means everything...

Last edited by ChurnDallas; Aug 6, 14 at 10:19 am
Old Aug 6, 14, 3:50 pm

Sorry to bother you guys, but why not go for the 140K point option and pay the 395. In return you get back the 200 for flight fees - like a GC (I hope to be honest), and 100 off your next marriot purchase. So you pay 95 for another 70K is it worth it? Or are folks happy to take the 300 bucks for free and then churn this thing?

Actually being in mid year, you would get 400 back for airline incidentals - 100 at a time, I read the thread - sorry (my bad)! So in the end, at 140K you come out ahead by 100 bux or 200 if the 100 dollar hotel is also per calendar year.

Also, once you have had this card - can you flip to the Marriot card - there does not seem to be the same disclaimer there.

Last edited by raccah; Aug 6, 14 at 4:24 pm
Old Aug 6, 14, 5:26 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I don't think they will ask. If they do, tell them the card on the rez is a corporate card and you will present your RC card at check-in.
Old Aug 6, 14, 5:57 pm

Man, I'm all this talk about 70K points and first year fee waived is making me angry for signing up for the card before the codes were posted, so frustrating!!!

Also, does anyone else have a problem with their card not working everywhere? It seems like if I use it at places where I swipe the card myself (cvs, walgreens, etc...) it works fine. But many places (restraunts/bars) seem to have a problem with not getting it to work and sometimes they have to manually enter it in.

I ordered a replacement card today, I hope it solves the issue, but if any of you have similar experiences, please do tell....
Old Aug 6, 14, 6:07 pm

Hello,

I applied over the phone for the 140K version of this card and then she said it will take up to 7 days to get a response or more. Is this what others got when they called in for their application?

Thanks!
Old Aug 6, 14, 6:13 pm

Programs: UR, MR, United, SPG
If I meet the required spend limits, can Chase "expedite" the points to my account?

I opened my account in July, and totally screwed up by not calculating the three month span correctly. I need the points for a stay in October (still not past the three month window).
Do the bonus points not post after the statement of the month which you met the spend?
Old Aug 6, 14, 6:37 pm

just wait! dude!!!
Old Aug 6, 14, 6:50 pm

Question

Originally Posted by raccah View Post
Hello,

I applied over the phone for the 140K version of this card and then she said it will take up to 7 days to get a response or more. Is this what others got when they called in for their application?

Thanks!
Bump any answers
Old Aug 6, 14, 10:32 pm

raccah, that probably means they are sending it out to another office for approval (reconsideration). I didn't receive instant approval despite a credit score of 800+, they needed to move some of the credit limits on other Chase cards i hold.
Old Aug 6, 14, 10:51 pm

raccah, that probably means they are sending it out to another office for approval (reconsideration). I didn't receive instant approval despite a credit score of 800+, they needed to move some of the credit limits on other Chase cards i hold.
Thanks! So, I should call the chase reconsider line and ask them about it - thanks my man!
Old Aug 7, 14, 6:22 pm

Ash

Hi all, I got the Marriott card in April 2013 and received 70k points. Afterwards, I closed it on May this year. I'm still enrolled in Marriott rewards. What can I do to increase my likelihood to get RC bonus? Should I convert my MR account to a RC account, or should I leave my RC number blank in the application process? Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Old Aug 8, 14, 1:06 pm

Hi guys, I have a question hopefully someone can answer.

If you already have a Marriott Rewards account, can you simply put in that account number into the Ritz-Carlton card application, and have the 140K points count put into your Marriott account?

I have a pretty decent amount of Marriott points, and wouldn't really care to have a separate amount of RC points. Much better to keep them all in one bucket. Is that possible?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: