Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2014, 8:47 am

Approved for card Friday, yesterday my 3 upgrades and gold status posted to my Ritz account.

Now lets see if I can apply them to my stay this weekend.
Old May 6, 2014, 6:10 pm

I already have a Lounge Club card through Chase ink card which gave me access for two times this year and now I need to pay per visit. I just applied and was approved for RC card. Are they going to send me a new Lounge Club card? I don't want that happen. I am going abroad today and need the lounge access while traveling. Who should I call to ask my lounge access be linked to my existing lounge club card? Chase? RC? Lounge Club?
Old May 6, 2014, 7:59 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by SuperDudley
One point of clarification, the $300 airline credit can be used for a lounge membership.
Wow, that's news. Glad to see they finally changed their policy, and it only took 2.5 years. See post #122 from August 2011.
Old May 8, 2014, 12:51 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Originally Posted by jonathanev
So you can combine the $100 credit and club floor upgrade offers on the same reservation?
I was able to on my last stay. Required a certain rate and upgrade availability. The Ritz CSR figured it out for me.
Old May 8, 2014, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by mizzou1
I already have a Lounge Club card through Chase ink card which gave me access for two times this year and now I need to pay per visit. I just applied and was approved for RC card. Are they going to send me a new Lounge Club card? I don't want that happen. I am going abroad today and need the lounge access while traveling. Who should I call to ask my lounge access be linked to my existing lounge club card? Chase? RC? Lounge Club?
They are completely different.

I also have the Lounge Card from Ink Bold and called for clarification when I received the new one from the Ritz card. To Lounge Club you are just a number and these are two separate accounts.
Old May 8, 2014, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by lkar
I would agree that the difference between gold and plat is not worth $1900. Though one cent per point for marriott is a poor use, and one wonders if you would get better value for marriott points if you were plat. 4 cents for starwood is also pretty great. I value starwood much closer to 2.6 cents. If my value were 4 cents, the only spending I likely would put on any other card is 3x to 5x categories.

Small point -- $65k on the Ritz card (assuming none is in the bonus categories) gets 71,500 points due to the 10% bonus.
The 10% was factored in. 65,000 x .03 difference is actually $1950. But at my .01/point the extra 6500 points are only worth $65. Hence the about "$1900" calculation of "cost."

It is a good point on the redemption value. I never stay anywhere for 7 nights so the packages are not an option. But even converting to airline miles which I use for business awards would at least double my value. The same 140,000 points I just redeemed at the Berlin Marriott which can be had for $235/night ($1175 + taxes) would net me 50k miles which is a one-way J award to Europe. I just have so many miles that I always think of using hotel points for more expensive Europe or Asia cities, and unfortunately those are usually higher category in Marriott and MR has the odd thing where the higher categories tend to be lower value redemptions that lower categories. But to your point Marriott Plat would get me to RewardsPlus, making the mile transfer to UA better, and making my value higher (though UA awards are higher now too). Will have to think that through a bit more.

Last edited by dbuckho; May 8, 2014 at 1:45 am
Old May 8, 2014, 5:31 am

Just got my card today. Was able to apply an upgrade on a stay this weekend with the same $209 rate as well as the $100 credit. Very easy/convenient. Also the welcome paperwork details the $300 in airline credit and platinum for $75,000 spend.
Old May 8, 2014, 7:47 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Can you get this card if you already have the Marriott Chase card?
Old May 8, 2014, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by dbuckho
They are completely different.

I also have the Lounge Card from Ink Bold and called for clarification when I received the new one from the Ritz card. To Lounge Club you are just a number and these are two separate accounts.
But ins't there a way to link that number Lounge Club believes we are to both credit cards? The reason I am asking is that I am heading to out of US before the new card arrives. I have my existing Lounge Club card and if they link RC lounge access benefit to my existing Lounge Club card I will be able to use it while traveling (I will fly at least 8 times, not counting any connecting flight).
Old May 8, 2014, 1:56 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by mizzou1
But ins't there a way to link that number Lounge Club believes we are to both credit cards?
No. The two accounts are maintained separately by the respective credit card providers. You can confirm this if you sign in to a CC-granted account on the LC website.
Old May 10, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Applied and did not get instant approval. Called the reconsideration line and they quickly approved by moving around some of my credit limits from my slew of Chase cards!

Received the card about one week later. Gold status at Marriott showed up even before card arrived. Curious to see how this plays out when we check into our hotel in Southern France in two weeks.

BTW, there was nothing in the package about the 70,000 points after a $2500 spend. Called, placed on hold, and assured it was good to go.
Old May 23, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: Southwest
I apologize in advance if this info is already buried somewhere here, but I've sifted through several pages about status & lounge access...

Has it been confirmed that the 70k bonus can be obtained after also receiving Marriott Premier 70k (and still having the MR Chase open)? Also, can RC points be used for Marriott travel packages? I'm within about a month of transferring 100k UR pts to Marriott to get a travel package, and I know that would make a lot of you upset Thanks!
Old May 23, 2014, 10:40 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by perdue
Also, can RC points be used for Marriott travel packages? I'm within about a month of transferring 100k UR pts to Marriott to get a travel package, and I know that would make a lot of you upset Thanks!
There is no difference between RC and Marriot points. They are the same.
Old May 23, 2014, 11:00 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Question. I have the RC card already, and I booked myself 3 nights in Puerto Rico through a special travel agencies rate I have access to. Since I paid with my RC card, will I be eligible to:
1. Room upgrade at check in?
2. $100 statement credit?

Thanks!
Old May 27, 2014, 1:14 pm

Oneworld re: question

From what I have read certain rates are only eligible for the club level upgrade on paid stays and the two nights paid using the $100 credit. I would call the gold rewards desk to confirm eligibility club level and the c-note credit. Also, the T&C on the credit also says will not include gratuity, taxes, and alcohol FYI. Call to confirm on all before any charges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.