Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Old Sep 11, 2013, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by gcja
The statement of my Ritz-Carlton card arrives showing gift cards from Marriott.com is not recongnized as 5X.
That's odd, my statement just cut and a $26 marriott.com gift card purchase posted with 130 points under "5X Points on Marriott Hotel purchase". The charge posted as "MARRIOTT GIFT CERTIFICATE SALT LAKE CTY UT".

The only thing I could think of is if your gift cards were charged close to the statement cutoff and Chase delayed posting the points (adding up the charges and comparing the points on your statement should confirm).
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:31 am

Is downgrading the RC card to Marriott Premier possible?
Old Sep 12, 2013, 4:13 am

Sorry about the previous wrong information. The purchase for Marriott gift cards as marriott.com DID count as 5X points.

There are two categories:

+ 5X Pts on The Ritz-Carlton hotel purchases
+ 5X Points on Marriott Hotel purchases

The bottom one is for Marriott gift cards as well.

Originally Posted by gcja
The statement of my Ritz-Carlton card arrives showing gift cards from Marriott.com is not recongnized as 5X.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Sound like UA members may no longer get Marriott gold status after February

Was thinking of getting this card to keep the Marriott gold status since the requirement to keep gold with MR is only to charge $10K a year and I can expense the annual fee so it's basically getting MR gold for free.

I see you get a $100 credit on any RC stay of two nights or more that can be used for dining or spa with the current sign up. Looks like a great deal and even if someone can't expense the annual fee the $100 credit would pay for it if someone has a RC stay quarterly.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 8:54 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Sound like UA members may no longer get Marriott gold status after February

Was thinking of getting this card to keep the Marriott gold status since the requirement to keep gold with MR is only to charge $10K a year and I can expense the annual fee so it's basically getting MR gold for free.

I see you get a $100 credit on any RC stay of two nights or more that can be used for dining or spa with the current sign up. Looks like a great deal and even if someone can't expense the annual fee the $100 credit would pay for it if someone has a RC stay quarterly.
My wife has her MR gold status via her United status as well and was told by a good source that the partnership should be extended, so I would hold off on applying for the card.

If the partnership doe end, she is going for this card as well. You would be foolish not if you can expense the annual fee, be getting MR Gold for free.

REALLY nice thing about MR gold is that you get lounge access guaranteed overseas. Hilton and Hyatt only give it to their top tiers unless you are on an exec level. You get it regardless of the room at Marriott.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
REALLY nice thing about MR gold is that you get lounge access guaranteed overseas. Hilton and Hyatt only give it to their top tiers unless you are on an exec level. You get it regardless of the room at Marriott.
Had no idea it was guaranteed overseas, that's great.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 2:38 pm

So I'm new to the Chase RC and after reading through this thread, am honestly a bit more confused than I started out as. I get the major benefits of the card:

70k sign up
Gold status
$200 airline reimbursement (which is loosely applied to any airline purchases)

However 2 things I am unfamiliar with (probably just due to being younger and new to the game):

Concierge service
- What are the real benefits to this? What uses do you guys usually have for this and how good are they?

$100 Hotel Credit
- Per the terms:
Hotel credit available at participating hotels for paid stays using The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card, when booking this offer and requires a two night minimum length of stay, subject to availability. Credit is non-transferable or combinable with other offers, consecutive reservations in the same hotel are not valid, and advanced reservations are required.

Is there any list of participating locations? Where have you been successful in using this? Is it a statement credit after the fact, a credit during the day, or? What do you typically use this on?
Old Oct 4, 2013, 2:24 pm

Has anyone tried to get a credit for a Frontier Airlines gift card before?
Old Oct 4, 2013, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Anyone know if the airline credit can be used to purchase Delta MQM's? Was thinking the card could be worth the annual fee if Delta sells MQM's this year and I can use the credit against some rollover MQM's.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 5:25 pm

Does anyone know about the Roadside Assistance with this card? Is it like the United Card's?

The United cards (both Explorer & Club) comes with Cross Country Motor Club in which:
As a member, you receive emergency roadside and towing coverage for your passenger vehicles for your travel needs when you are more than 50 miles away from your home.
Is Ritz partnered with CCMC as well? Wondering if they also have the 50 mile requirement.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 12:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
I was thinking of applying for this card but not sure if it is worth it, I plan to go to china and i heard you can get 2 nights with this for free saving me $600 but do they have blackout dates i plan to apply for this card now and go on jan 9 2014

If I redeem my points for 2 free nights in china can i get club level with these free rooms or do i have to pay? so if i pay i can pay for the cheapest and still get club access?

Last edited by happyvoid; Nov 23, 2013 at 12:47 am
Old Nov 23, 2013, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by happyvoid
I was thinking of applying for this card but not sure if it is worth it, I plan to go to china and i heard you can get 2 nights with this for free saving me $600 but do they have blackout dates i plan to apply for this card now and go on jan 9 2014

If I redeem my points for 2 free nights in china can i get club level with these free rooms or do i have to pay? so if i pay i can pay for the cheapest and still get club access?
1. You don't get free nights. You get 70k points. Points required for a free night vary from location to location. You should check on the RC website to see how many you need for your proposed destination. And yes, they do have blackout dates.

2. You don't get club level when you stay for free. You have to pay for at least the cheapest room.

3. You also get a $100 credit for meals, etc. for two separate paid stays.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 11:25 am

Does anyone know whether you get 5 points per dollar spent at Marriott's less expensive brands (Fairfield Inn/Courtyard etc)?
Old Nov 23, 2013, 11:28 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Yes, you do.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by Long Islander
2. You don't get club level when you stay for free. You have to pay for at least the cheapest room.

3. You also get a $100 credit for meals, etc. for two separate paid stays.
Both of these points are incorrect.

2. You cannot just pay for the cheapest room -- you have to pay for a room where the equivalent room type/view is available on the club level floor. For example, in Kapalua you cannot book a no view terrace room on the first floor and use the upgrade certificate (since there is no such thing as a "no view" room on the club level). This issue varies by property. If the property does not have any no view/limited view rooms then you shouldn't run into this problem.

3. You get a $100 resort credit for stays of two nights or more, not two separate paid stays. And you must utilize the correct code when booking (I think it's ZR4, but just call reservations and they can handle it for you). The $100 credit now applies to reservations made with the club level certificates as well (this used to not be the case, and not all the reps are aware of it so make sure they apply the credit).

Last edited by TommyC80; Nov 23, 2013 at 12:20 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.