Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2013, 12:50 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Thanks, that's quite helpful (and your statement is quite what I also thought when browsing the alternatives).

Well, in the past, I have usually booked Starwood or IHG (being base with SPG and plat with IHG) but currently, I'm looking for a new hotel loyalty scheme (had some bad experience especially with IHG) and I haven't decided yet. Marriott could be an option (so I'll probably sign up with them) but I still need to check their locations etc. for suitability regarding my needs.

If Marriott turns out to be unsuitable, I'll go for the miles instead.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Zaragoza
Will there be a Ritz Carlton Chase credit card promo anytime in the near future?
Yes. No. Maybe.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bruce80
Thanks, that's quite helpful (and your statement is quite what I also thought when browsing the alternatives).

Well, in the past, I have usually booked Starwood or IHG (being base with SPG and plat with IHG) but currently, I'm looking for a new hotel loyalty scheme (had some bad experience especially with IHG) and I haven't decided yet. Marriott could be an option (so I'll probably sign up with them) but I still need to check their locations etc. for suitability regarding my needs.

If Marriott turns out to be unsuitable, I'll go for the miles instead.

Bruce,

Check out the challenge threads in this forum for a taste of elite status at Marriott which you can keep should you fulfill the challenge. And, yes, Ritz Carltons do count towards the challenge.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 6:17 pm

My wife and I visited the Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong two summers ago (shortly after it opened). We have the Ritz rewards membership. What I remember most is the view from our room; breathtaking. And, I still remember the room number; 107-26 (floor 107 and room 26). One of my favorite Ritz properties!
Old Feb 17, 2013, 8:23 am

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
Planning to spend my rewards points at the Berlin RC for the first time. As a Gold member, I wonder if an reward booking can get us an upgraded room/club level access.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by DFWFairy
Planning to spend my rewards points at the Berlin RC for the first time. As a Gold member, I wonder if an reward booking can get us an upgraded room/club level access.
Unlikely.

Can't hurt to ask though.

Book quickly - Most Ritz are going up a category (more points) in May... (Not sure if the one you mention is on the list...)

From Loyalty Traveler:

Ritz-Carlton Tier Changes May 16, 2013 mostly impact USA hotels

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/loyalt...ct-usa-hotels/
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:05 pm
Suspended

Probably not, but what I can tell you is that the Marriott is just around the corner from the R/C, that they share joint management and that the Marriott has one of the best Concierge Lounges around -- do a search.

So, as a Gold or higher, I strongly suggest that you change your reservations to the Marriott.

Oh, by the way, the Marriott is completing a top to bottom renovation later this month so it essentially will have the latest conveneniences and modern design.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Qantas Platinum 1, IHG Diamond, United 1K, Avis President
I am waiting to app for mine around July when Ritz runs their 30k promotion. Hopefully I don't have any problems with the lounge upgrade like some of you have had.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:57 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by pooker
I am waiting to app for mine around July when Ritz runs their 30k promotion.
What is this?
Old Feb 17, 2013, 1:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Qantas Platinum 1, IHG Diamond, United 1K, Avis President
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
What is this?
For the past few years Ritz has run a promotion that if you stayed 4 consecutive nights you would get 30k points. They generally announce it around June and it starts around July.

The only conditions are that you have to have had an existing RC account before the promotion starts, or you are a new member. This is why I plan on changing my account to RC around May in anticipation of the promo. 70k bonus points, plus 30k for 4 night stay, plus club lounge from the benefits of the card should make for a nice stay.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 4:54 pm

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Probably not, but what I can tell you is that the Marriott is just around the corner from the R/C, that they share joint management and that the Marriott has one of the best Concierge Lounges around -- do a search.

So, as a Gold or higher, I strongly suggest that you change your reservations to the Marriott.

Oh, by the way, the Marriott is completing a top to bottom renovation later this month so it essentially will have the latest conveneniences and modern design.
Wow, thanks! I'll look into it! ^
Old Feb 17, 2013, 5:39 pm
Suspended

Wow, thanks! I'll look into it! ^
Just make sure as a Gold in Ritz Rewards there is lounge access for you. If not, simply switch your eaerning designation to Marriott Rewards and you should be Gold in Marriott so as to enable you to have lounge acess.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 8:49 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Just make sure as a Gold in Ritz Rewards there is lounge access for you. If not, simply switch your eaerning designation to Marriott Rewards and you should be Gold in Marriott so as to enable you to have lounge acess.
Actually, I believe it is the same for both programs, which is no complimentary lounge access at RC properties and lounge access at JW, Marriott, Ren and AC
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by EagleSoars
My experiences with Ritz-Carlton card have all been positive. At the Istanbul Ritz (where I had a corporate rate), I was walked the first night due to a convention and put up without charge (a "Marriott Gold" perk) at a Swissotel including club privileges.
The Ritz also owes you $200 in ca$h for walking you in addition to paying the room at other hotel. I hope that got it as well.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 5:45 am

Istanbul Ritz over-booking

Originally Posted by holtju2
The Ritz also owes you $200 in ca$h for walking you in addition to paying the room at other hotel. I hope that got it as well.
They were very generous well above the agreement obligations--perhaps because I was understanding of their predicament (unlike others that were walked at the same time). My inconveniences were generously compensated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.