Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Old Oct 21, 2016, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Old Jun 11, 2011, 12:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy Card, CO Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Amex Centurion and its perks...
Airline Fee Credit

Does anyone have any details on the airline fee credit? Seems like it will pay back almost half of the annual fee.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 1:16 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Actually, it will pay back slightly over half the annual fee ($200 out of $395). I don't know how it exactly works, but you should be able to claim up to $200/year from any airline for baggage fees, change fees, airport club memberships, and purchases for alcohol and food on flights that you charge to the card.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 8:17 pm

Chase is really going after Amex Platinum cardmembers.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by ohmark
And, I assume, this account needs to be either MR or RCR?
I believe if you "switch" from MR to RCR your number stays the same, so it's probably a flag in another field. Based on this I propose, you would technically be able to earn points in your account set to MR or RCR.

Originally Posted by ktjan
I'm a MR member. Would I get the Marriott Purchase bonus points if I use this card for a stay at a Marriott hotel just like if I use the Marriott Rewards credit card?
Unless I missed a change, the Chase Marriott card doesn't give bonus points for RC, so I wouldn't expect the RCR card to give bonus points for Marriott stays. The bonus categories are based on how the merchant is coded, and evidently RCR's are coded differently as a merchant than Marriott's (& probably Courtyards, Renaissance, Fairfield, etc)
Old Jun 13, 2011, 10:40 am
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Hello All,

I thought I would answer a few of your questions about the reward earnings with The Ritz-Carlton Credit Card. The questions about the specifics of the card itself you would want to address directly with JP Morgan.

The 5 points per dollar spent is for charges at The Ritz-Carlton hotels only. If you use this card to pay for a stay at a Marriott brand property the earnings would be 1 point per dollar.

The benefit of Club level access can be used with a paid stay. This benefit can be used 3 times per year and will cover a 7 night stay. As mentioned by previous posts, this benefit alone will pay for the annual fee.

It is possible to have both the Marriott Rewards Credit Card and The Ritz-Carlton Credit card. They can both be linked to either you Marriott Rewards account or your Ritz-Carlton Rewards account.

I hope this helps answer some questions.

Kind Regards,

Marie
Old Jun 15, 2011, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
It is possible to have both the Marriott Rewards Credit Card and The Ritz-Carlton Credit card. They can both be linked to either you Marriott Rewards account or your Ritz-Carlton Rewards account.
Marie
However, one can only have MR or RCR account? If I "transfer" to Ritz Carlton account, do my Marriott Rewards account retain the promotions associated with it (like cat 1-4 night certificate)? Or do I not need to even transfer to Ritz Carlton awards to apply for this new card?
Old Jun 16, 2011, 2:08 pm

Has anyone received this card yet? I had a few questions:

1) I don't really understand the difference/separation between the Marriott program and the RC program. If I apply for the credit card and for the "RC club" number I provide a Marriott Rewards number, will that work?

2) Does the "Gold" status in the RC club also give the benefits of the Marriott "Gold" status level, if I stay at a Marriott property?

Thanks.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by bas5838
Does anyone have any details on the airline fee credit? Seems like it will pay back almost half of the annual fee.
If it works like the Amex Platinum card, you have to designate one airline for the benefit, and then it is supposed to automatically locate appropriate transactions with that airline and issue credits when those charges hit.

In practice, depending on the airline and type of charges, some manual intervention may be required (ie: call and ask). It seems like a "your mileage may vary" situation about what's considered a fee. $500 upgrade fee versus a $10 bag fee, theoretically people have gotten credits toward both of these...
Old Jun 17, 2011, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by Innerloop
If I apply for the credit card and for the "RC club" number I provide a Marriott Rewards number, will that work?
Yes, see below:

Hypothesis:
Originally Posted by MyTravels
I believe if you "switch" from MR to RCR your number stays the same, so it's probably a flag in another field. Based on this I propose, you would technically be able to earn points in your account set to MR or RCR.
Confirmation of hypothesis:
Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
Old Jun 18, 2011, 6:48 am
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by LilZeppelin
However, one can only have MR or RCR account? If I "transfer" to Ritz Carlton account, do my Marriott Rewards account retain the promotions associated with it (like cat 1-4 night certificate)? Or do I not need to even transfer to Ritz Carlton awards to apply for this new card?
Your RCR and MR are basically the same...If I stay at all RC properties, I can use the points I earned at Marriott's, vice versa. Also, if I'm platinum at RCR, I'm platinum at MR and will reap the benefits a "Plat MR Member" would also. It is all reciprocal, except when it comes to earning points on CCs and points on incidentals.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by krpjr
It is all reciprocal, except when it comes to earning points on CCs and points on incidentals.
Promotions are separate as well as you might imagine.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 5:32 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, United Premierl Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
How Long to Receive Card?

I filled out my application over a week ago and have not yet received card. Does anyone have any experience as to the length of time to receive the card?
Old Jun 20, 2011, 1:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
-->An Extra Hotel Experience With each two-night stay or longer at The Ritz-Carlton, celebrate with a $100 Hotel Credit to be used toward your choice of dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities*

-->Upgrade to The Ritz-Carlton Club Level three times annually on stays of up to seven nights, subject to availability at time of reservation*

I already have a Ritz reservation for Nov. If I get the credit card can I get the club level upgrade on an "existing reservation"?
Old Jun 20, 2011, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by welookgood.com
-->An Extra Hotel Experience With each two-night stay or longer at The Ritz-Carlton, celebrate with a $100 Hotel Credit to be used toward your choice of dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities*

-->Upgrade to The Ritz-Carlton Club Level three times annually on stays of up to seven nights, subject to availability at time of reservation*

I already have a Ritz reservation for Nov. If I get the credit card can I get the club level upgrade on an "existing reservation"?
I would think so. If not, cancel and then rebook.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 1:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
When applying for the card do I put my marriott # in the "Ritz-Carlton Rewards Number" spot?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.