Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2012, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by LarkSFO
Received the letter from 'Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card from J.P. Morgan' a couple of days ago.

'Important changes coming to your airport lounge membership'

- Priority Pass Select is converting to Lounge Club
- Still complementary to you and your guests
- Same as PPS but with a 'new network of lounges' ('350 lounges in 200 cities around the world')

Still relatively useless to me... In my metro area, only one club (SFO Alaska) among three airports - SFO, SJC, and OAK.
Chicago - Swiss lounge
IAD - BA Galleries Lounge
SEA - Alaska Board Room
DEN - zip
BOS - Air France GRAF Lounge

https://www.loungeclub.com/en/our-lounges/

My first impression of PPS was that it was useless for me / my travel patterns.

Reading through the Lounge Club materials reiterates this: Useless. Why bother. A hollow perk.

Maybe (since Chase / JP Morgan is affiliated with UA) they are working on bringing United Club in to the mix. If they do this, then I would find this card more useful.

I have Priority Pass Select from 3 different credit cards, but RCR is the only one I have heard anything from.

I just recieved a second Loung Club Card today with the following letter:

"Dear Lark,

Recently, we sent you a new Lounge Club membership card, which may have contained errors. Affixed to this letter is a new membership card with correct information. Please destroy the old card and keep the new one with you when you travel.

Sincerely,

Director of Operations"

I can't find the other card they sent me right now (as I mentioned earlier, it is pretty useless to me...) so I don't have them both in front of me to compare the 'errors'.

Somebody screwed something up....
Old May 17, 2012, 4:51 pm

Programs: hyatt
how do i access rc club?
Old May 17, 2012, 5:32 pm

Programs: Thai silver(expired), Eva Gold(expired), SPG Gold (expired), MR gold, AA Exp 1MM, UA platinum.
RC targeted CC

Originally Posted by Chuck123
I received an offer. They are waiving the annual fee for the first year plus the 70,000 points.

Seems to be targeted to RC Residence owners.
Not really, I'm not RC Residence owners.
Old May 23, 2012, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Originally Posted by thepointsguy
Earn 5 Ritz-Carlton Rewards points per $1 spent at The Ritz-Carlton*
This is not entirely true. The place where I used my Ritz-Carlton card was a restaurant within a Ritz-Carlton. But because I was not staying at the Ritz-Carlton at the time, the purchase is classified as "Non Ritz-Carlton purchase", so it only earned one point per dollar spent. It probably mentions this somewhere in the fine print, but I still plan on calling in to complain about this misleading advertising.
After putting in a claim on the charge, I was eventually awarded bonus points to bring the total to 5% of my Ritz-Carlton restaurant purchase. So once again, the squeaky wheel gets the grease!
This same thing happened again on my last statement, but this time they were much more accomodating. Not only did they add an additional 4 points per $1 spent at the RC restaurant, they also gave me an additional 2000 points for bringing the issue to their attention. ^
Old May 30, 2012, 12:52 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
I just got back from the RC in Orlando. I was able to use my club upgrade cert on a "leisure rate" which was the lowest quoted price on the website. Although I did make the booking around midnight so maybe the agents weren't up to date on what rates you could use?

Go Gators

Edit: RC in Pentagon City had a "Comfort you" rate for $169 a night and $50 credit. I called to book a couple of nights there and to use my last upgrade cert (my year ends next month) and they allowed me to use the cert at the $169 rate but instead have the $100 RC card credit. I again called late at night but this lady sounded more competent than the one I used for RC Orlando, so maybe they are softening up on that only upgrade on regular rate rule

Last edited by GNVGator; May 31, 2012 at 7:18 am
Old May 31, 2012, 7:47 am

Programs: delta, marriott, hilton
Still confused about combined Mariott and Ritz Carlton Rewards!!!

I am still confused about the interchangeability of the MR and RCR credit cards. I currently have both cards. I am a Mariott platinum rewards member, and now, with my new RCR credit card, I supposedly have RCR gold elite status. So what does this mean? My current rewards account is with Mariott, so does this mean I actually have platinum status at RC? Do I simply use the matching card at whichever hotel I reserve a stay at? Does it matter which Rewards account I choose to use, or would either account work the same as a "catch-all" for collecting points. I really am confused.
Old May 31, 2012, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by cindydemo
I am still confused about the interchangeability of the MR and RCR credit cards. I currently have both cards. I am a Mariott platinum rewards member, and now, with my new RCR credit card, I supposedly have RCR gold elite status. So what does this mean? My current rewards account is with Mariott, so does this mean I actually have platinum status at RC? Do I simply use the matching card at whichever hotel I reserve a stay at? Does it matter which Rewards account I choose to use, or would either account work the same as a "catch-all" for collecting points. I really am confused.
I'm not an expert on MR status but it's my understanding that a MR Gold (or any tier) does not get the same perks at an RC that he would get at a MR (upgrade, club access etc.). But as an RC gold you get upgrade (except to suite and club level), free internet, 25% bonus points, 10% off at the gift shop, and late check out. Somebody feel free to correct me on that though.

Go Gators
Old May 31, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by GNVGator
I'm not an expert on MR status but it's my understanding that a MR Gold (or any tier) does not get the same perks at an RC that he would get at a MR (upgrade, club access etc.). But as an RC gold you get upgrade (except to suite and club level), free internet, 25% bonus points, 10% off at the gift shop, and late check out. Somebody feel free to correct me on that though.
Consider yourself corrected. There is no difference in benefits for similar status levels at MR or RCR. Feel free to read the terms and conditions: go to the Marriott Reward section of Marriott's web site and click the Terms and Conditions link towards the bottom of the page.
Old May 31, 2012, 9:23 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by cindydemo
You should only have 1 account. When you sign up for the RC Visa you should have used your MR account number if you have one. Your status through the RC Visa would be Gold. You would have Plat status if you have stayed 75 nights or done a Plat challenge, but that has nothing to do with either your MR or RC Visa credit cards other than the fact that the MR Premier Visa gives you 15 elite qualifying nights toward the 75 nights required for Plat status.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 1:19 pm

Just received my "cardmember welcome box" today. In the booklet it states (emphasis mine):

"$200 AIRLINE INCIDENTALS CREDIT
You can be reimbused each year with up to a $200 credit toward incidentals from any airline for baggage fees or in-flight meals. Simply charge your baggage fees and in-flight meals to your Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card ......"

No mention of ticketing or change fee.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by Kaitlin
Just received my "cardmember welcome box" today. In the booklet it states (emphasis mine):

"$200 AIRLINE INCIDENTALS CREDIT
You can be reimbused each year with up to a $200 credit toward incidentals from any airline for baggage fees or in-flight meals. Simply charge your baggage fees and in-flight meals to your Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card ......"

No mention of ticketing or change fee.
Sounds like they changed their T&C for new cardmembers...Pretty much only useful now if you are flying somebody without status or to grab some booze in Y...

Go Gators
Old Jun 22, 2012, 7:31 pm

Sounds like they changed their T&C for new cardmembers...Pretty much only useful now if you are flying somebody without status or to grab some booze in Y...

Go Gators
What would happen if I order 10 mini bottles to go in Y?
Old Jun 27, 2012, 12:06 am

Chase Launching Ritz-Carlton Credit Card

I have a question about expiration of club upgrade certificate. If I get the card now, my certificates expire next June. But, I typically take a long vacation in the fall. Are they very strict about the expiration date? E.g., will I be prohibited from using a certificate for july 2013 travel until I renew my card next June? My concern is about room availability disappearing if I book too close to my travel date. I'd prefer to have flexibility re using certificate so that everything isn't pegged to the date I get the card. Any experiences with expiration dates?
Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:30 pm

Edit: RC in Pentagon City had a "Comfort you" rate for $169 a night and $50 credit. I called to book a couple of nights there and to use my last upgrade cert (my year ends next month) and they allowed me to use the cert at the $169 rate but instead have the $100 RC card credit. I again called late at night but this lady sounded more competent than the one I used for RC Orlando, so maybe they are softening up on that only upgrade on regular rate rule
So what did you get? $169 is the lowest rate at that property, you used the club level AND got $100 credit (back to your RC card, not towards hotel amenities during that stay? How`s that property? I am wondering what is the best value and hoe it could be combined together-30K bonus points for 4 nights stay, $100 credit towards amenities during the stay, or credit to RC card?
Old Jul 2, 2012, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by LarkSFO
What would happen if I order 10 mini bottles to go in Y?
You would get drunk...

Seriously though, that is what the credit card companies originally had in mind when they came out with these flight credits. It would be covered. The only difference with the RC card and Amex plat is that with the RC card you have to call in and tell them which charges you are trying to get credited, but you can get multiple charges from different airlines credited. With Amex plat you have to designate which airline you want the credits attached to at the start of the year.

Originally Posted by Kat007
So what did you get? $169 is the lowest rate at that property, you used the club level AND got $100 credit (back to your RC card, not towards hotel amenities during that stay? How`s that property? I am wondering what is the best value and hoe it could be combined together-30K bonus points for 4 nights stay, $100 credit towards amenities during the stay, or credit to RC card?
I just got back. I was charged $169 a night with $100 credit. The credit does not go towards room stay instead it's more for incidentals. Since we were staying in the Club Level there wasn't much to spend it on so I had a town car pick us up and take us to dinner and charged it to the room. $104 to go from RC to a restaurant in Gtown.

RC Pentagon City was ok as far as RCs go. It's a tier one property so it's not as nice as other RC properties. The Club was smallish compared to the only other one I have been to (RC Orlando) and the Concierge/lounge agents weren't as helpful/attentive. They did a fine job grabbing drinks etc. but were not great concierges. The food and booze spread was great thoguh. Note the hotel is not in DC as you either have to metro or cab it to get into town. Cabs are pretty expensive in DC but the hotel is literally 20 paces from the metro stop. The other thing that struck me was that they had combined shower/bath which I had never seen in an RC. Though for the price $169 a night on club level is hard to beat. But I wouldn't pay more than $200 to stay there. At that point I would find an RC in town.

Go Gators

Edit: Ahh I'm understanding your question now. Yes if you are just doing a matress run to get the 30k points this would be a great hotel for that. I hear the Ritz in cleveland and Berlin are pretty cheap too...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.