Search

Favorite / Best / Reliable Taxi Apps

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2021, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
Favorite / Best / Reliable Taxi Apps

With the UBERs and the LYFTs getting more unreliable, in both availability and reliability, I am pondering installing some taxi apps. Any recommendations for (1) reliable apps that work in much of the USA; and, (2) reliable apps that may work in particular larger cities?
Old Jul 12, 2021, 11:43 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
https://mobileapp.gocurb.com/
Old Jul 14, 2021, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Lots of 1* substantiated negative reviews for this app.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 6:46 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Curb is the app to use in Chicago for Taxis.

And serious question ... is it really up to the user to determine which app to use for cabs? Won't you be stuck using the app that the cab companies in the city you are hailing a ride in are using? Are there cities where multiple cab apps work? Otherwise you need to call or raise your hand on the street.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by neo_781
Curb is the app to use in Chicago for Taxis.

And serious question ... is it really up to the user to determine which app to use for cabs? Won't you be stuck using the app that the cab companies in the city you are hailing a ride in are using? Are there cities where multiple cab apps work? Otherwise you need to call or raise your hand on the street.
Curb is available in multiple cities (apparently with better success in some than others). I thought Flywheel was SF only but has expanded to a few more cities.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In NYC you can use Curb or Arro. I think they might even be the same company. I had a bad experience with Curb, so I use Arro. I think it was about the fee for pre-ordering a taxi which wasn't disclosed during the process of ordering the cab. (It's in the fine print elsewhere). Whatever. I never use it for that, only for doing the payments. It's just like Uber, when you get to your destination the fare is automatically charged and you can just hop out. Pre-COVID I was generally using taxis much more frequently than Ubers, it was usually much faster, plus I mostly hate Uber.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.