FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ride Services, including Uber and Lyft (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ride-services-including-uber-lyft-747/)
-   -   COVID-19 and Lift Pink via Sapphire Reserve (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ride-services-including-uber-lyft/2016756-covid-19-lift-pink-via-sapphire-reserve.html)

Dr Jabadski Apr 29, 2020 1:05 pm

COVID-19 and Lift Pink via Sapphire Reserve

Any experiences with extension or suspension of 1 year free Lift Pink membership acquired via Chase Sapphire Reserve benefit? Thank you.

Dr Jabadski Apr 29, 2020 9:48 pm

Datapoint: I contacted Lyft, mentioned that all other hotel and airline loyalty programs are making concessions and offering extensions due to COVID-19 and asked if I could temporarily suspend my 12 months of Lyft Pink membership and still receive 12 total (but interrupted) months of membership.

Their reply:

Since you qualified for 12 free months of Lyft Pink through Chase credit card rewards, you are not currently paying for your membership. Since you are still in your 12 free months of Lyft Pink, you aren't able to pause your membership and we do not have plans to extend the 12 free months.

After your 12 free months have ended, you can choose to continue your membership at $19.99/month. You will not automatically be charged.

If you choose to end your free membership early, you can go to 'Settings' → 'Lyft Pink' and tap 'Cancel'. Learn more about Lyft Pink.

I understand that this may be disappointing. Please know that we will always strive to solve every question to the best of our ability. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

All The Best
Terrible reply and terrible customer service. Tell me exactly what I know and wrote and also withhold gracious and generous customer service.

Eastbay1K Apr 30, 2020 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski (Post 32336384)
Datapoint: I contacted Lyft, mentioned that all other hotel and airline loyalty programs are making concessions and offering extensions due to COVID-19 and asked if I could temporarily suspend my 12 months of Lyft Pink membership and still receive 12 total (but interrupted) months of membership.

Their reply: Terrible reply and terrible customer service. Tell me exactly what I know and wrote and also withhold gracious and generous customer service.

https://www.businessinsider.com/lyft...navirus-2020-4

The bot that replied was probably fired, too. Not the "best week ever" to receive a coherent business-strategy reply from Lyft.

Dr Jabadski May 1, 2020 1:17 pm

Datapoint part deux, reply to my reply restating my request. I’ll give them some credit for quick replies, not much else. It’s hard to vote with your feet in this situation, Lyft is preferred due to Hilton, Delta and Ultimate Rewards promotions and giving a smaller tip would only hurt the individual driver (instead of the company).

Just today learned of another credit card COVID-19 promotion, 12x points on Hilton Aspire for supermarket purchases which for me have tripled or quadrupled due to no dining out and no traveling. Good customer service also generates loyalty, in addition to rewards and promotions.

Once the free year was claimed you are not able to pause the year or cancel and reinstate at a later date. If you cancel your free year, you will not be able to claim it again. I understand that this may be disappointing. Please know that we will always strive to solve every question to the best of our ability.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach back out.

All The Best

jamesteroh May 12, 2020 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski (Post 32341368)
Datapoint part deux, reply to my reply restating my request. I’ll give them some credit for quick replies, not much else. It’s hard to vote with your feet in this situation, Lyft is preferred due to Hilton, Delta and Ultimate Rewards promotions and giving a smaller tip would only hurt the individual driver (instead of the company).

Just today learned of another credit card COVID-19 promotion, 12x points on Hilton Aspire for supermarket purchases which for me have tripled or quadrupled due to no dining out and no traveling. Good customer service also generates loyalty, in addition to rewards and promotions.

I received the offer on my Aspire as well but consider the 4.5 percent back I get on dining with CSR if used for travel more valueable than 12 Hilton points, especially seeing how hard it is for me to get a good redemption rate with Hilton points. I will use it this summer for my first $250 in dining though since it counts towards the resort credit and I don't see myself going to any properties before next April with a resort fee except possibly Vegas, and since Ceasars is extending diamond status and doesn't charge a resort fee, if I go to Vegas I'll probably stay at a Caesars property.

Another nice offer I received was in my non-branded Am Ex platinum. $20 credit for streaming services and $20 credit for cell phone service a month until the end of the year. Was thinking of cancelling that card, but may keep it now.

libralibra May 13, 2020 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski (Post 32341368)

But on the plus side the DashPass and temporary 5x groceries has become even more valuable. I'm using my CSR more than before, but for you it might make sense to cancel if it's not worth it anymore.