Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Uber Rewards rolls out six-month status extension

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2020, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Mine got extended again (see it online) without asking and no message from them through August 2021.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 4:56 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM - Jet Blue Mosaic - Hyatt LTG - Marriott Plat - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cfischer
Mine got extended again (see it online) without asking and no message from them through August 2021.
My status was also extended. I have not used Uber at all since lockdowns started.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
My Diamond status (for whatever it is worth after all of the devaluations) was extended, too.

But I'm not sure how long the program will last...I was recently involved in a market research effort where Uber was very interested in what features I would want in a paid Uber Pass offering to replace the current program, including questions about what temporary measures they could take to make the transition from Diamond to the new program more palatable. Of course, perhaps nothing will come of this, but it was clear that this was well beyond the exploratory phase.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Silly me. I've already used Uber enough to requal for Platinum past April and might even make Diamond.

But the rewards program changed for me a month or so ago. It is entirely different now.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No extension here. 2300 points between June and December. Dropped down to Gold.

Not a very smart move from Uber to be honest. Every airline and hotel program has reduced 2021 requirement (if not outright extending status). 90% of the pre-pandemic earning and nothing? I was honestly surprised by that
Old Dec 28, 2021, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by stimpy
Silly me. I've already used Uber enough to requal for Platinum past April and might even make Diamond.

But the rewards program changed for me a month or so ago. It is entirely different now.
I did make it to Diamond which was great. The customer service was all of a sudden excellent. But now I've dropped back to Platinum. No extension for me.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 7:58 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Was Diamond pre-pandemic. Was extended for a bit, but dropped all the way down to Blue a few weeks ago.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 6:43 pm

When nobody was traveling, and later when very few drivers were online relative to pent-up demand, it made more sense to offer a pause button on status. But now travel is picking up, and more drivers are coming back. At some point the company has to decide to reward customers who ride and spend the most, even if it's less than the number of elites before covid. Actually at that point, it would make things easier for the company and the few who still have status.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
When nobody was traveling, and later when very few drivers were online relative to pent-up demand, it made more sense to offer a pause button on status. But now travel is picking up, and more drivers are coming back. At some point the company has to decide to reward customers who ride and spend the most, even if it's less than the number of elites before covid. Actually at that point, it would make things easier for the company and the few who still have status.
so corporate travel is back then? News to me! Loyalty is a long-term affair. My company prefers Lyft anyway, w/o Plat status with Uber there is zero incentive for me to use Uber over the competition.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.