Lyft feel-good trip report

Old Oct 14, 19, 8:38 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy
Original Poster

Lyft feel-good trip report

Called for Lyft from my doctor's appointment in
Santa Monica. .. A couple of minutes after entering car, the driver received a call from the previous passenger asking about his lost wallet. Driver confirmed that he had the wallet. Driver said that he could not return, as he had a pax in car. I told the driver to please find the recent passenger and return his wallet. Unfortunately, driver did not remember the address and we drove around for 45 minutes looking for the passenger who was waiting for driver in front of a medical building. After 45 minutes we found the passenger who preceded me. I asked the driver to give me the wallet to see if there was any I.d. for contacts. Found an email address on a hotel bill. We contacted him. He showed up in front of a medical building and was so happy to receive his wallet. Everyone felt a sense of gratitude.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Nov 6, 19, 9:17 pm

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
So surreal. Nice to return wallet and I hope driver got a tip. Drivers shouldn’t be responsible for a passenger’s mega error.
Also I’m surprised that driver couldn’t have access to a database of recent pax just for this reason.

lyft seems to have a “lost item” function on their app. Wonder why that pax didn’t use that function so that driver could find the pax.
Old Nov 13, 19, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can still call a driver after the ride is over?
I was under the impression, at least with Uber, that the number you call through the app isn't actually the driver's real number (and s/he doesn't see yours), that it's masked on the back end, and therefore wouldn't work after the ride ends (and in general it shouldn't, for security reasons -- lost items can/should be handled separately).

Oh, and obscure2k, what happened to the price of your ride? Surely it ended up well above your initial quote as you were driving around for 45 minutes. Good for you if you paid it out of the goodness of your heart, I guess...

Search this Thread