FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ride Services, including Uber and Lyft (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ride-services-including-uber-lyft-747/)
-   -   Uber expereince, ride cancelled & rating down (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ride-services-including-uber-lyft/1986238-uber-expereince-ride-cancelled-rating-down.html)

Sherab Sherab Sep 6, 2019 4:45 pm

Uber expereince, ride cancelled & rating down

I had 4.75 Uber passenger ratings. recently I took an uber pool ride to the airport. That was not a good experience. The driver was engaging in loud political talks with the other passenger sitting with me( and there was no Hi or hello to me or anything during the 30 mins ride. She sounded angry and unhappy about certain political leader or groups and her other passenger that was with me was also an angry, unhappy guy when it came to politics) They had same thoughts and opinions and rage about politics. My unpleasant ride was their rage loud politic talks for long while not a word to ME, not even Hi Hello? I had to give only 2 star for this ride. I had nausea during the ride and I never ever in my life had nausea during car ride.. The car was clean and no one was dirty so i am blaming no one for this.

Once in NYC, I ordered uberx. I tracked the driver. First it was 6 mins then it kept saying 1 minute but it kept saying 1 minute for very long. I politely texted the driver and asked if he is nearby for which he replied yes. But driver never showed up and cancelled my ride without notifying me. I was charged about $6 cancellation fee. I disputed and got the refund and I messaged uber about this dishonest scam of canceling my ride. Uber said I got a refund and that's it.

Strangely, it gave me an option to rate this driver and ofcourse I rated 1 for this. I ordered another uber ride which came on time and good driver and gave tip and 5 star rating. My rating went to up 4.79.

Well days later, i checked my uber app and saw my rating dropped to 4.59

I think the the uber driver to the airport and uber driver that cancelled my ride and who i reported to uber gave me 1 star?

Thanks

Often1 Sep 6, 2019 6:13 pm

Meh. Your rating is meaningless (unless you make it meaningful). If you are checking it after every ride, it's time to move on.

arollins Sep 9, 2019 7:32 pm

You really need to rethink your thoughts on ratings, this is just my opinion but here I go.

Originally Posted by Sherab Sherab (Post 31498867)
I had 4.75 Uber passenger ratings. recently I took an uber pool ride to the airport. That was not a good experience. The driver was engaging in loud political talks with the other passenger sitting with me( and there was no Hi or hello to me or anything during the 30 mins ride. She sounded angry and unhappy about certain political leader or groups and her other passenger that was with me was also an angry, unhappy guy when it came to politics) They had same thoughts and opinions and rage about politics. My unpleasant ride was their rage loud politic talks for long while not a word to ME, not even Hi Hello? I had to give only 2 star for this ride. I had nausea during the ride and I never ever in my life had nausea during car ride.. The car was clean and no one was dirty so i am blaming no one for this.

You ordered a pool ride, do you realize that you are going to be sharing it with other individuals that may be having a conversation? Very much similar to being in a bus or train where others are carrying their own conversation. Had you wanted a quiet & exclusive ride, you could paid extra for X service, but instead you chose pool. I also do not recommend taking pool rides to the airport, what if another rider gets added to the pool and causes you to arrive a bit latter to airport, will it be the drivers fault for you missing your flight? Why you 2* driver, again you requested pool, and driver was engaging another passenger, car was clean, and you go to your destination safely I presume. The nausea during the ride? nowhere in your comments suggest the driving style, perhaps you where upset at not being able to participate in the conversation as you may have had a different opinion. Is this the drivers fault?

Once in NYC, I ordered uberx. I tracked the driver. First it was 6 mins then it kept saying 1 minute but it kept saying 1 minute for very long. I politely texted the driver and asked if he is nearby for which he replied yes. But driver never showed up and cancelled my ride without notifying me. I was charged about $6 cancellation fee. I disputed and got the refund and I messaged uber about this dishonest scam of canceling my ride. Uber said I got a refund and that's it.

How do you know it was a scam? With all the technology, uber sometimes shows the wrong location, driver goes to location and waits, a good driver would have texted back arrived, or at least would have exchange info to get the pick up. Perhaps the pick up location was not a SAFE area to park. Again, assumptions only. ,

Strangely, it gave me an option to rate this driver and of course I rated 1 for this. I ordered another uber ride which came on time and good driver and gave tip and 5 star rating. My rating went to up 4.79.

Well days later, i checked my uber app and saw my rating dropped to 4.59

I think the uber driver to the airport and uber driver that cancelled my ride and who i reported to uber gave me 1 star?

Thanks

Drivers can not rate on cancelled trips, nor do drivers or riders know who rated what, Uber likes to keep data private. You might get an idea on who did it, but will never know for sure. Mathematically, to go from 4.75 to 4.79 to 4.59 means you may have had several, not just one ride that can cause the rate to fluctuate that much.

Sherab Sherab Sep 10, 2019 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by arollins (Post 31508492)
You really need to rethink your thoughts on ratings, this is just my opinion but here I go.

You ordered a pool ride, do you realize that you are going to be sharing it with other individuals that may be having a conversation? Very much similar to being in a bus or train where others are carrying their own conversation. Had you wanted a quiet & exclusive ride, you could paid extra for X service, but instead you chose pool. I also do not recommend taking pool rides to the airport, what if another rider gets added to the pool and causes you to arrive a bit latter to airport, will it be the drivers fault for you missing your flight? Why you 2* driver, again you requested pool, and driver was engaging another passenger, car was clean, and you go to your destination safely I presume. The nausea during the ride? nowhere in your comments suggest the driving style, perhaps you where upset at not being able to participate in the conversation as you may have had a different opinion. Is this the drivers fault?

How do you know it was a scam? With all the technology, uber sometimes shows the wrong location, driver goes to location and waits, a good driver would have texted back arrived, or at least would have exchange info to get the pick up. Perhaps the pick up location was not a SAFE area to park. Again, assumptions only. ,

Drivers can not rate on cancelled trips, nor do drivers or riders know who rated what, Uber likes to keep data private. You might get an idea on who did it, but will never know for sure. Mathematically, to go from 4.75 to 4.79 to 4.59 means you may have had several, not just one ride that can cause the rate to fluctuate that much.

Thanks for commenting,

Regarding the Uberpool ride, I would expect at least Hi, or hello to one of the passenger that is ME while she talks politics with the other passenger during the entire ride time.

Regarding the cancelled ride by the uberx in NYC, I ordered while in my hotel lobby. I got up and waited for him outside. I was the one waiting and looking out for the driver. it said 6 mins. Then it changed to 3 and It kept saying 1 minute, close/ for a while. I thought he was lost so i gave him my hotel name and where I was waiting. He said he is very close. Then the app said ride cancelled and charged $5.50. The app gave me option to get refund and contact Uber. It gave me option to rate the driver even though driver never came. I I ordered uberx again and got a good driver.

ijgordon Sep 10, 2019 1:42 pm

If this kind of stuff annoys you, then DON'T USE UBER. It's all just a fact of life with ride sharing, IME.