Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Didi No Longer Accepting American Cards?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2019, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Didi No Longer Accepting American Cards?

Has anybody had any success lately with adding an American credit card to Didi? I've been trying for a few weeks now, in the US and Mainland China and every single time for every card I get a connection error. I've tried Visa, MC, Amex, Discover and even my UnionPay card (ICBC US branch) and none of them work.

How about Apple Pay? I'm gonna give that a try too and see what happens.

Edit - Apple Play doesn't seem to work either, it wants you to enter a bank card to use and again none of mine worked.

Update *** I was never able to get any of my American credit or debit cards to work with Didi. It's still a useful app though as you can still hail a regular taxi through the app and pay the driver in cash.

Last edited by siege101; Jun 14, 2020 at 9:27 pm
Old Jul 20, 2019, 8:10 am

It might be a "verified by Visa" issue, in which case you need to call your card issuer, have them connect you to "verified by Visa," have VbV lift any restriction, and then try to add the card again. At least this is what I had to do....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.