Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How harsh/lenient are you when rating drivers?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2019, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

How harsh/lenient are you when rating drivers?

I went into my trip history and here's how I've rated my latest drivers, all in the San Francisco area:

1,5,4,5,5,5,5,5,4,4,5,5,5,5,3,5,5,5,5,5,5,2,2,5,5, 5,5,5,5,4,5,5,3,5,5,5,3,2,4,5,3,5,5

That's an average of 4.4, with 70% at 5 stars.
FWIW, all rides are Uber Pool or UberX, and my rider rating is 4.9.

Last edited by davie355; May 23, 2019 at 12:32 pm
Old May 23, 2019, 12:29 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Fascinating
burnsie21 and camsean like this.
Old May 23, 2019, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by davie355
I went into my trip history and here's how I've rated my latest drivers, all in the San Francisco area:

1,5,4,5,5,5,5,5,4,4,5,5,5,5,3,5,5,5,5,5,5,2,2,5,5, 5,5,5,5,4,5,5,3,5,5,5,3,2,4,5,3,5,5

That's an average of 4.4. What's yours?
I rarely give below a 4. I think in 5 years, I’ve given 3 or 4 scores or 2 and lower. Usually for getting horribly lost, being rude or loud music. I gave a Trump proselytizing driver in Vegas a 3, even. While I don’t track my scores, I’d guess 4.666 over 250-300 rides using Uber/Lyft/Grab.

What’s your Uber rating?
Old May 23, 2019, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
What’s your Uber rating?
Great question and I managed to read your mind and update my original post just before you hit submit. (My rating is 4.9, although this is over hundreds more rides in more cities.)
Old May 23, 2019, 12:51 pm

I'm curious what people consider to be worth a "4" or a "3"
Old May 23, 2019, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
A strong fragrance in the car is the first thing that comes to mind. If a driver's hanging a half dozen Little Trees and running one of those vent plug-ins, then I'm rating a 4 max. Those smells are just a nuisance to me but could give other riders more serious problems like headaches.
kaka and MrsWLV like this.
Old May 23, 2019, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've given low scores for bad / dangerous driving and not picking up at or dropping off at the correct location. But I mostly give 5s.
Old May 23, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
This is one area where people are so subjective. I feel that being greeted, arriving at my destination on a timely, safe manner and in a clean vehicle is tops, 5*. Loud music, dirty, smelly car, will get you 4*. Gets lost, drives like a maniac , I'm delayed will be 3*. Racist, sexist foul mouthed will be 1*. I do not really have a set rules for 2* per se, however, if driver does add some extra stuff, such as interesting conversation, gives me some tips on places to go etc, will get a 5* as well. I don't downgrade if we have opposing views, however, I certainly do not talk with random people about hot topics, religion, politics, and the like in order to minimize confrontation, I'm the type person to be more agreeable to your beliefs, even if I really do not agree with them. On the flip side, I'm also a driver as well, and I've been on both sides of the coin. Someone who doesn't greet met, is ready on time, have me go to the store to pick up something, etc. will be downgraded.
Old May 23, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
For me:

- Talking too much. If you don't get the hint after the 3rd/4th I'm-clearly- uninterested "... muuumph" reply from me, I'll tell you to pipe down too

- Not using on GPS for anything but extremely trivial trips. F your "I know the way", you don't have realtime traffic in your head

- Driving too damn slowly 'cause you're a crap driver. This is especially prevalent here in the Bay Area

Other than those, I usually just hand out 5s by default.
Old May 23, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by arollins
I feel that being greeted ... is tops, 5*. ... Someone who doesn't greet me ... will be downgraded.
Yeah, you're a FlyerTalker.
worldwidedreamer and jinglish like this.
Old May 23, 2019, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
If the driver doesn't endanger my lift or offend my senses, loud music or odorous car, they are getting a five. I had a car blow a tire mid ride and still gave three stars. I requested a new driver at the scene of the disabled vehicle and finished up my ride.
Old May 23, 2019, 9:19 pm

Programs: Watergate
Get me from A to B in a clean car without issues and while being polite - 5
Minor car cleanliness issues (bit of trash, ripped up interior), not giving the most basic of acknowledgements and confirming who I am, lead foot on the brake pedal, strong smell - 4
Making me walk across the street to either get in or get to my destination, parks in middle of street while cars pile up honking behind them, earbuds in both ears (safety issues), really trashy car, offering to '5* trade' - 3
Smells like weed, gets lost, takes route that's more than 2-3 minutes over what Google says it will take (padding time/mileage) - 2
Moving violations (runs a light, speeds, drives wrong way down street, antagonizes other cars) - 1
Old May 23, 2019, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
I once had a guy who nearly fell asleep while driving and I felt EXTREMELY unsafe. That's a 1. Bad smell/too much talking would be a 4, pretty much everything else is 5. I don't even know if I've ever given a 2 or a 3, they feel such odd ratings to me.
Old May 24, 2019, 1:12 am

Programs: Yeah, well, don’t really care anymore
Why would one even rate these tax dodging pirates?

Extremely pleased when they were booted out of Denmark, for failure to comply with current legislation. In the aftermath of that, and following Uber Europe's surrender of driver statistics to the tax authorities, it was discovered that only 3 out of 2000 drivers had reported their income to the tax man. The fines are equal to the taxes owed, resulting in a large handful of drivers ending up with 100K+ USD bills. Serves the leeching .......s right.

Gig economy BS.
RoyalFlush and strickerj like this.
Old May 24, 2019, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by Sheikh Yerbooty
Why would one even rate these tax dodging pirates?

Extremely pleased when they were booted out of Denmark, for failure to comply with current legislation. In the aftermath of that, and following Uber Europe's surrender of driver statistics to the tax authorities, it was discovered that only 3 out of 2000 drivers had reported their income to the tax man. The fines are equal to the taxes owed, resulting in a large handful of drivers ending up with 100K+ USD bills. Serves the leeching .......s right.

Gig economy BS.
I see the drivers as more victims than perpetrators.
In2ishn, arollins, smc333 and 4 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.