Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How harsh/lenient are you when rating drivers?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Last week I had a driving blasting his music with too much air freshener. What rating should I give? I left no tip (unusual for me) so he has already been penalized $1
Depends.

If it was objectively terrible music, the air freshener was bad and the driver or his car were not nice, give anything between a 2 and a 4. If the music wasn't too bad and he was friendly/had a decent car, just give a 5. Maybe a 4 if there was something else.

He hasn't been penalized, Uber intends for tips to be on an exceptional basis. I wouldn't consider your trip, or most trips, exceptions.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by yyztozag
He hasn't been penalized, Uber intends for tips to be on an exceptional basis. I wouldn't consider your trip, or most trips, exceptions.
I am not sure what "Uber intends" except to profit as much as possible from every ride.

However, my view is that rideshare drivers in the USA should always be tipped 10-20% as they are the equivalent of taxi drivers. It is a rare day when I don't tip a driver. News sources have reported that only 25% of passengers tip drivers which I find pathetic. YMMV
Old Dec 16, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by Boraxo
I am not sure what "Uber intends" except to profit as much as possible from every ride.

However, my view is that rideshare drivers in the USA should always be tipped 10-20% as they are the equivalent of taxi drivers. It is a rare day when I don't tip a driver. News sources have reported that only 25% of passengers tip drivers which I find pathetic. YMMV
I also tip drivers, only if they were nice or gave good service. Usually around 20%. However, what you describe certainly doesn’t match those criteria, so I wouldn’t give a tip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.