Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lyft trials taxi-like lines at airports

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:11 am

yeah but as a lyft user taking space away from non-lyft uses is... not a downside
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:21 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Except that it gives Lyft a competetive advantage, thus allowing it to raise its rates at these airports. If you are reimbursed, it does not matter. If you are, it means that you are paying for that space out of your pocket.
Old May 19, 2019, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
I'm not sure what they consider to be "mid-May" but I can confirm that it still isn't live at SAN. I did see some tape on the concrete in the traffic island though, so they might be preparing to turn it on.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:57 am

Just got an email that this is now in effect at MDW
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And now at LGA Central Terminal (B)
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31327503-post363.html
https://blog.lyft.com/posts/making-a...er-for-you-lga
Old Aug 19, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: UA MM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Segments

Sounds like a problem specific to New York...
Nope. Try LAX at United any late evening. Crash, boom, bang. It's like an old Batman TV show.

So, yup, taxi line-like service would also avoid the LAX nonsense of giving completely wrong initial pickup times...last night I waited over 30 minutes when the first time was "Your driver is arriving in 4 minutes."
obscure2k likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
This is live at LGA Terminals D&C and is a huge improvement over the old system of waiting forever for your driver to show up. They integrated it into a small portion of the rideshare pickup area and the rest of the area is still available for uber/black cars/etc
ijgordon likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This was CLOSED on Sunday evening around 7:30pm. We kept getting assigned cars while walking toward the pickup area, but kept canceling thinking we were doing something wrong. Then we finally saw the “closed” sign, so it was an utter waste of time.

Looks like Uber was set up for something similar, but it wasn’t operational either.

So fed up with both these companies...
Old Nov 4, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Is it really necessary at 7:30 on a Sunday? There shouldn't be a lot of congestion for the regular pickup at that time.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lost_perspicacity
Is it really necessary at 7:30 on a Sunday? There shouldn't be a lot of congestion for the regular pickup at that time.
It was quite busy, which I don't think is abnormal for Sunday evening. You've got business travelers arriving ahead of a week's work and leisure travelers coming home from their weekend away.

When do you think the busiest arrival times would be?

And either way, the Lyft announcement of this doesn't make any mention of operating this only during certain hours.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:56 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Seems to only be live certain times at LGA.

In the past week while it was dead at 4 pm on a Monday they had the queue setup, but when the airport was slammed at 7 pm on a Thurs - no Queue. Seems a bit odd because to me the most value for this system would be when the airport is actually busy.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.