Download PDF in Uber e-mail

Old Apr 11, 19, 4:41 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: PHX
Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 2,400
Download PDF in Uber e-mail

Does anyone know what happened to this option in the receipt e-mail? It seems to have disappeared, for me, starting on Sunday. Printing the e-mail runs to 4 pages while printing the 'trip' from the website doesn't include the tip, even though it shows up on the screen in the fare breakdown section.
txrus is offline  
Old Apr 12, 19, 2:33 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: NUQ
Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National Executive Elite
Posts: 3,839
I don't see the PDF option anymore either.

Can you zoom out within your browser, then screenshot? This works for me when I need an Uber receipt for expenses.
davie355 is offline  
Old Apr 12, 19, 2:37 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: PHX
Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 2,400
After an incredibly frustrating attempt to communicate w/the bots responsible for Uber's social media platforms, apparently a real human got involved; this is the message I got from Uber support earlier this morning. I guess we will have to wait & see if anything comes of this.

It appears the issue you are experiencing is already under investigation. We appreciate your patience as we work hard to resolve this issue as soon as possible.
txrus is offline  
Old Apr 20, 19, 11:28 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Programs: DL DM; Hilton Diamond; Marriott LT Plat Premier Elite; Long live SPG... f MAR
Posts: 190
I just chatted with @uber_support, with as much success:

Happy to assist, ____. Hope you understand that we're unable to send the receipt in PDF format. However, you may browse "file to PDF converter" online to update the format of the receipt file. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Is there any other way to contact Uber? Being able to save that PDF directly from the confirmation email was convenient. Not to mention that if I print the PDF from email, my personal email shows in the receipt that various people have access to view. I'd rather not have that and the receipt PDF included what was necessary without the other nonsense.
hoyt is offline  
Old Apr 20, 19, 11:36 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: PHX
Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 2,400
Originally Posted by hoyt View Post
I just chatted with @uber_support, with as much success:

Happy to assist, ____. Hope you understand that we're unable to send the receipt in PDF format. However, you may browse "file to PDF converter" online to update the format of the receipt file. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Is there any other way to contact Uber? Being able to save that PDF directly from the confirmation email was convenient. Not to mention that if I print the PDF from email, my personal email shows in the receipt that various people have access to view. I'd rather not have that and the receipt PDF included what was necessary without the other nonsense.
Sounds like you were chatting w/the same bots who were, at least initially, answering my questions re: this. It took multiple attempts @ DM'ing them on twitter, including sending copies of the PDF version & printed from the website version, which is missing the tip, before I got the response I posted above. I also noticed this week that they've changed the tip prompts to percentages, though you can still put in round numbers by choosing custom amount.

Seems like someone @ Uber thinks they've come up w/a better idea & is trying to fix something that wasn't broken
ijgordon likes this.
txrus is offline  
Old Apr 20, 19, 12:43 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Programs: DL DM; Hilton Diamond; Marriott LT Plat Premier Elite; Long live SPG... f MAR
Posts: 190
I'll keep this thread updated if I learn anything. Here's the last DM I got (after several frustrating responses):

We've escalated this to the appropriate team, who will follow up with you as soon as possible. Keep an eye out for a message through the in-app Help section or by e-mail. Thanks for your patience while we look into this!
hoyt is offline  
Old Apr 23, 19, 1:48 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: PDX
Programs: AS MVP
Posts: 551
Originally Posted by txrus View Post
Does anyone know what happened to this option in the receipt e-mail? It seems to have disappeared, for me, starting on Sunday. Printing the e-mail runs to 4 pages while printing the 'trip' from the website doesn't include the tip, even though it shows up on the screen in the fare breakdown section.
Where was this option? I've never seen an option to get Uber receipts as PDFs, and I've looked at old emails and don't see anything there. Would love to have the option since printing the emails is so long, as you noted.
czpdx is offline  
Old Apr 24, 19, 8:02 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: PHX
Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 2,400
Originally Posted by czpdx View Post
Where was this option? I've never seen an option to get Uber receipts as PDFs, and I've looked at old emails and don't see anything there. Would love to have the option since printing the emails is so long, as you noted.
When you had the email open, the link was right under the payment method. Disappeared about 2 weeks ago.
txrus is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread