UberPool new 10 minute wait policy

Old Mar 22, 19, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

UberPool new 10 minute wait policy

UberPool now has a 10 minute wait for Uber Pool pickup requests (maybe just in Denver?). That makes it much less valuable, but my experience tonight was ridiculous.

I waited the 10 minutes that it said it would take to prepare my Pool route. After 10, the timer changes to "your pickup details will be provided shortly" for another 4 minutes. Then, it suddenly just cancels. Takes me back to request screen, starting all over again the 10 minutes. And raises my rate by $15!

Does Uber just want to get rid of pool rides or what?
Old Mar 22, 19, 11:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National Executive Elite
That sounds frustrating. The wait is up to 5 min here in the Bay Area. In my experience, during busy times, I wait only a few seconds. Off peak, I wait the entire 5 minutes, which feels interminable.

Short intra-city Pool rides are only about a buck more than a bus fare, so I can't complain. However, with the extended wait time for the ride, plus the extended ride time with multiple pickups and dropoffs, I use Pool only when time is of absolutely no essence.
Old Mar 23, 19, 8:17 am

Programs: Mosaic
It's an 'up to' wait time, I suspect, to find good matches... If there aren't that many pool drivers nearby (or other pool riders), I'm not surprised there's a wait - it's the shared ride that makes it cheaper. I've seen quite a bit of variance in the wait times in NYC in peak vs. off-peak hours.
Old Mar 23, 19, 7:41 pm

Uber has gone to crap!

Originally Posted by alchemista View Post
UberPool now has a 10 minute wait for Uber Pool pickup requests (maybe just in Denver?). That makes it much less valuable, but my experience tonight was ridiculous.

I waited the 10 minutes that it said it would take to prepare my Pool route. After 10, the timer changes to "your pickup details will be provided shortly" for another 4 minutes. Then, it suddenly just cancels. Takes me back to request screen, starting all over again the 10 minutes. And raises my rate by $15!

Does Uber just want to get rid of pool rides or what?
Uber has screwed me over a few times in 2 months time.They hide behind an email address. Don't even try to call support it will just direct you to their email.Ive been double charged,bad driver experiences,ect.Now this 10 min.wait.Theyre just plain greedy&so are a lot of the drivers.There needs to be a 1mile limit that a driver can go out of the way to pick up another rider. But no, some will go miles out of the way&then make your time change to when your supposed to be at destination.A billion dollar company and they still dont have their crap st8!I have stopped using uber they let me down too many times.Lyft now I've never had a single problem not 1.Most of the time their a little more$ but you wont have $ stolen out of your account for double charges or drivers that have their scams to steal extra $and there are a few ways they do it!I hope uber goes under.I have so much animosity towards uber.
Old Mar 23, 19, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bemis View Post
It's an 'up to' wait time, I suspect, to find good matches... If there aren't that many pool drivers nearby (or other pool riders), I'm not surprised there's a wait - it's the shared ride that makes it cheaper. I've seen quite a bit of variance in the wait times in NYC in peak vs. off-peak hours.
There is no mention of "up to" anymore. It clearly says you need to wait 10 minutes, and my 3 times using it since they changed this it was all 10 minutes AND MORE (because after 10 minutes they just change the message to "shortly").
Old Mar 25, 19, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Here in Seattle it was two minutes last time I used Pool.

Search this Thread