Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Ride Services, including Uber and Lyft
Reload this Page >

Uber Launching Rewards Program [Program ends Aug. 2022].

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Uber Launching Rewards Program [Program ends Aug. 2022].

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:23 pm

This is a rewards program for Uber & Lyft rides without requiring any new credit card (You can still earn with your regular cards).

http://urbanmiles.com

It's a closed beta now, but they released the invite code: urbanflyer
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:49 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
3 points = 1 cent for uber, airbnb, doordash redemptions. I guess it's better than nothing?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:49 am
pvn
Suspended

2.5 points = 1 cent for doordash, slightly better
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:52 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Urban Miles is in addition to the Uber Rewards program rolling out. I'm almost Gold.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:40 pm

Finally got off of the waitlist. SFO/South Bay based.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:21 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Mlife NOIR
Finally got it too in SFO area.

Easily made Uber Diamond, but probably spend twice as much on Lyft.

If the upgrades are actually decent, that might shift the equation (until Lyft releases its loyalty program).
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:14 am
pvn
Suspended

I don't see how upgrades are going to be useful, since in most cases they would require a longer wait. I guess that might be worth it if I'm scheduling rides but for 95% of my usage I don't want to wait 10 extra minutes so my butt can sit on slightly nicer upholstery.
Eastbay1K likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas

I cannot imagine the indignity being Blue, only to be dropped off for my luxury flight because of my exalted airline status. But I won't have to imagine it for long. I'll be living the nightmare in a week.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by pvn
I don't see how upgrades are going to be useful, since in most cases they would require a longer wait. I guess that might be worth it if I'm scheduling rides but for 95% of my usage I don't want to wait 10 extra minutes so my butt can sit on slightly nicer upholstery.

No need to worry. I’ve been Diamond for almost two months with no real upgrades. Suspect you will only get an upgrade if several UberBlack or such nearby with low demand. UberXDiamond gets high rated drivers in the area with no longer wait than UberX. (Probably no different than prior VIP status perk). And if no UberXDiamond qualified drivers nearby then I was just told no cars available/ select UberX.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Any experience yet whether the spend on outside of USA spend counts?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Mlife NOIR
Been Diamond for 2 weeks now and racked up 3000 points toward requalification in those 2 weeks. Does anyone know if you requalify within the 6 month period, do you get another set of free ubereats? Or is it once per 6 months?

Also, despite my heavy use of Uber, I’ve only once gotten an uberBlack upgrade. For a loyalty program with so many levels, the top level isn’t very rewarding...
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:27 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Any experience yet whether the spend on outside of USA spend counts?
It does not.... However the materials say it will eventually.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
I’ve been diamond since the rollout. I definitely get MUCH faster pickups at airports (a stated benefit). I base this on years of experiences as well as a few “side by side comparisons” where I’ve been with people who request at the same time as me. Still no upgraded rides. Unlike another poster, I have found the ride price protection quite valuable. The price locked in for my route ($20.49 iirc) is about $2 more than the lowest I’ve paid in the last year, and very much in line with what is typical. Quite often the price protection is actually triggered, including at least one time where the fare would have been over $45. Do be aware that the price protection does have a cap after which you get only a partial discount. Given I was already a heavy Uber user, these are all nice bonuses. For some people, they may be worth switching from a competitor, especially for the faster airport pickups and price protection. The accumulation of Uber cash doesn’t hurt, either.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
One thing I have noticed - the $5 UberCash rewards counter seems to reset to zero once you get a reward, so an "extra" points are wasted. In other words, if you have 480 points, and take a $15 UberX ride (30 points), you get the $5 reward, but you then have zero points, not ten.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
One thing I have noticed - the $5 UberCash rewards counter seems to reset to zero once you get a reward, so an "extra" points are wasted. In other words, if you have 480 points, and take a $15 UberX ride (30 points), you get the $5 reward, but you then have zero points, not ten.
That has not happened to me so far. They may not be of much help, but have you contacted Uber support about this? Would not be surprised if it is some kind of bug.
cestmoi123 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.