Uber to Fire Low-Rated Customers in Some Countries

Old Sep 9, 18, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold

I'm actually surprised the company wasn't already blocking customers with poor ratings but the policy is being rolled out to 2 more countries now and some people expect it to slowly roll out to other countries as well.

Ride-hailing service Uber said it plans to block low-rated customers in Australia and New Zealand from using the service.

Riders who are rated four (out of five) stars or lower will be banned from using the service for six months. Passengers receive a rating from their Uber driver after each journey.
<SNIP>

This link is to an online source to which I contribute and/or have a financial interest.
Old Sep 11, 18, 6:58 am

Programs: AA PPro. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
As I driver I gave around 99% 5-star ratings. You had to go a long way with me to get less than 5*. So a 4* average would represent a really awful passenger.
Old Sep 15, 18, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA Plat, IHG Plat, AMEX Plat, Nat EE
UBER pax ratings IMHO are out to lunch anyways, because many driver's rate unrealistically low for no valid reason.......ie: pax sat in front, pax "slammed" door, pax took 2 minutes to enter car upon arrival, pax ate in car (but left no evidence) etc..........I drive UBER too and have picked up several customers with ratings from 4.1 to 4.6 without issue whatsoever. In fact, after 1,500 trips there was only one pax where I emailed support asking them not to match us up again.

Search this Thread