Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Driver ended trip prematurely and kicked me out!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2018, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Driver ended trip prematurely and kicked me out!

During the middle of my trip, my Lyft driver somehow managed to cancel the ride. I said, oh, let me just request a new one. Given that I was sitting in her car, she should be the nearest driver and be the first to receive my ride request, I reasoned.

But before I could open the Lyft app on my phone, the driver received somebody else’s ride request. I asked her to decline/cancel and wait for me, but she said she had to pick up somebody else.

I was extremely P.O.’d not because she was so clumsy as to cancel me mid-trip, but because she showed absolutely no remorse about stranding me in a sketchy neighborhood at midnight.

Exiting her car, I even said, “sorry for the confusion” even though it was entirely her fault. And she said, no problem. While I never raise my voice or act rudely in any way to service employees, that was a moment I would have been fully justified.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
That seems extremely inappropriate to me.

I did that once (as a driver) but it was for an excellent reason; the person in my car had impersonated someone else and wasn't the correct passenger and he knew it.

The driver should have declined the new request and taken you to your destination. Period.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 9:14 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I hope you gave the driver one star and put your experience in the comments.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

This is actually the 2nd time my trip was cancelled while I was in the car. My first time was with Uber in China -- I think the driver marked me as no-show instead of starting the trip. But he had already started driving and we were well past my pickup point. I incurred a cancellation fee, which Uber refunded in the form of credit in Chinese Yuan, which cannot be applied to Uber trips outside China. Of course Uber has since pulled out of that country....

Anyway in that instance I continuously re-requested and cancelled rides until I got the same driver again, and we picked up where we left off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.