FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ride Services, including Uber and Lyft (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ride-services-including-uber-lyft-747/)
-   -   Drivers...stop over rating bad passengers! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ride-services-including-uber-lyft/1898783-drivers-stop-over-rating-bad-passengers.html)

Hawkeyefan Mar 14, 2018 12:40 pm

Drivers...stop over rating bad passengers!

I have had more than my share of passengers with 4.9 ratings who do not deserve that rating whatsoever. Rude, cussing, not friendly, etc. Drivers for the integrity of the system stop mindlessly pushing 5 for the ranting. Give them a 1 so these people get weeded out.

Diplomatico Mar 15, 2018 6:51 pm

In the interest of discourse, how do you define a passenger as "not friendly"? If it means you want someone to converse with you for the duration of the ride then sometimes I'm interested and sometimes I'm not. If you think riders should be penalized for wanting to work, nap, listen to music on earbuds, etc. then I'd suggest that's unwarranted.

Polite and courteous, sure. Friendly, maybe not so much.

Hawkeyefan Mar 19, 2018 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico (Post 29530007)
In the interest of discourse, how do you define a passenger as "not friendly"? If it means you want someone to converse with you for the duration of the ride then sometimes I'm interested and sometimes I'm not. If you think riders should be penalized for wanting to work, nap, listen to music on earbuds, etc. then I'd suggest that's unwarranted.

Polite and courteous, sure. Friendly, maybe not so much.

If rider is disrespectful (i.e. Yelling on cell phone, cussing, etc) that needs to be docked. Treating you like your a lesser being that just drives Lyft to get by is also cause for dock.

The silent but courteous type get a 5 from me. I know how to take a hint and lessen the gab.

Often1 Mar 19, 2018 1:45 pm

In most major cities, it doesn't seem to matter. I know passenger with 2.0 ratings who wait just as long as people with 4.9. The whole passenger rating system is a meaningless feel good.

Hawkeyefan Apr 10, 2018 1:30 pm

Passenger rating system gives drivers and idea of who they actually want in their car. I don't need to give rude people rides, but if their rating is inaccurate, you can get stuck with them.

Grog Apr 14, 2018 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan (Post 29625244)
Passenger rating system gives drivers and idea of who they actually want in their car. I don't need to give rude people rides, but if their rating is inaccurate, you can get stuck with them.

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan (Post 29524786)
I have had more than my share of passengers with 4.9 ratings who do not deserve that rating whatsoever. Rude, cussing, not friendly, etc. Drivers for the integrity of the system stop mindlessly pushing 5 for the ranting. Give them a 1 so these people get weeded out.

You're assuming that your rider always behaves the same during every ride and all the time. Not a fair assumption. "Weeding people out" means the company loses a current customer. Do it often enough and the company loses what was and would've been recurring business. And, all said, you're one driver. Maybe other drivers see things differently than you do and aren't offended by something that offends you. Who knows.

Often1 Apr 14, 2018 12:46 pm

This.

Maybe this works in MN, but try this in DC, NYC, or LA and the driver can wander around with no passengers for hours.

davie355 Apr 14, 2018 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 29543549)
In most major cities, it doesn't seem to matter. I know passenger with 2.0 ratings who wait just as long as people with 4.9. The whole passenger rating system is a meaningless feel good.

Lyft regularly sends me promos (e.g., 20% off for a week) that are putatively for "5-star riders" exclusively.