Have you added a Lyft photo?

Old Feb 24, 18, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Have you added a Lyft photo?

I did so today, after my most recent driver said he finds them helpful in identifying upcoming passengers. I assume most folks don't have one in their profile, but thought I'd ask.
Old Feb 24, 18, 10:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National Executive Elite
I do have a photo on Lyft, but I have never noticed Lyft drivers having any harder/easier time finding me than Uber drivers.

Usually when it's crowded (like at an airport curb) the challenge for the driver is not in finding me but in finding a place to pull over
Old Mar 2, 18, 11:37 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
I am a Lyft driver and I like to see a photo for ID. I also like a real name and not something slang....makes me more edgy and hesitant to take those rides.
Old Mar 4, 18, 1:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan View Post
I am a Lyft driver and I like to see a photo for ID. I also like a real name and not something slang....makes me more edgy and hesitant to take those rides.
Fair enough, but from a rider's perspective, your refusal to take a ride won't matter much (if at all). In an urban area, there will be another 7 Lyft drivers around the block and their request will just get bounced to the next driver. If they are in a rural area with very few drivers... well, let's be candid here. Those are the drivers that accept anything that is given to them because requests are so few and far between.
Old Mar 4, 18, 7:10 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Miami305 View Post
Fair enough, but from a rider's perspective, your refusal to take a ride won't matter much (if at all). In an urban area, there will be another 7 Lyft drivers around the block and their request will just get bounced to the next driver. If they are in a rural area with very few drivers... well, let's be candid here. Those are the drivers that accept anything that is given to them because requests are so few and far between.
Also fair enough...and I am A OK with passing along low rated riders with slang names to someone else. I'm not doing this to pay the bills, it is a very side gig to the business I own.
Old Aug 8, 18, 12:39 am
hln

I haven't added a photo to lyft but I have never had any issues
Old Aug 9, 18, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I asked my Lyft driver the other day weather passenger photos particularly help? He replied that they are especially useful at crowded pick up points to determine exactly which person is the passenger.
Old Aug 9, 18, 2:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
Yes, I added my photo and it helped when I was flagging down a recent ride. Actual name, actual photo.

Search this Thread