Groundlink Promo

Old Feb 15, 18, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Groundlink Promo

Hi all - so didn't really know where to put this - and did a google site:flyertalk.com search for Groundlink, figured this was discussed, but nothing came up.

Couple weeks ago, DoC and a few blogs lit up with a seemingly awesome promo - add and Visa Signature card to Groundlink and get $20 or $30 credits, so if you had 3 cards, $60 or $90 in your account. Plus, if you were new to groundlink, stack that on a new account referral bonus. So I had a couple cards plus new account - got me to $85. Cool. Actually, had an airport trip next week I was going to use it on (stupidly didn't make reservation yet) to try out the service - and if all good... then great, another option, and that was the cost of getting me as a new customer.

I went in yesterday to the app to set up my trip, and saw the name "Gary Johnson" in my profile and no credits. I logged out , deleted app, redownloaded, and then couldn't log on as me - thought I forgot my password, tried to reset, no account under my email. I did some googling and found original DOC post with comments that this was happening to many people.

I figured to have some more conversation here ... any other datapoints from FT members? ( I'm positive there is crossover between this community and other more aggressive "Deal hunters") Also easier to have convos/datapoints/suggestions/chat in a forum than blog comments.

I'm not so steamed about it - would have been awesome, but I'll just use Uber/Lyft to the airport as I would have otherwise... but seems like a real headscratcher... no response from Groundlink, no email, no nothing - I've got to imagine many have never used it, would try it for this reason, and maybe convert some percentage to ongoing users?

DoC Post: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/groun...n-issues-know/
Old Feb 17, 18, 9:01 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Bombay Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by levilevi View Post
Hi all - so didn't really know where to put this - and did a google site:flyertalk.com search for Groundlink, figured this was discussed, but nothing came up.

Couple weeks ago, DoC and a few blogs lit up with a seemingly awesome promo - add and Visa Signature card to Groundlink and get $20 or $30 credits, so if you had 3 cards, $60 or $90 in your account. Plus, if you were new to groundlink, stack that on a new account referral bonus. So I had a couple cards plus new account - got me to $85. Cool. Actually, had an airport trip next week I was going to use it on (stupidly didn't make reservation yet) to try out the service - and if all good... then great, another option, and that was the cost of getting me as a new customer.

I went in yesterday to the app to set up my trip, and saw the name "Gary Johnson" in my profile and no credits. I logged out , deleted app, redownloaded, and then couldn't log on as me - thought I forgot my password, tried to reset, no account under my email. I did some googling and found original DOC post with comments that this was happening to many people.

I figured to have some more conversation here ... any other datapoints from FT members? ( I'm positive there is crossover between this community and other more aggressive "Deal hunters") Also easier to have convos/datapoints/suggestions/chat in a forum than blog comments.

I'm not so steamed about it - would have been awesome, but I'll just use Uber/Lyft to the airport as I would have otherwise... but seems like a real headscratcher... no response from Groundlink, no email, no nothing - I've got to imagine many have never used it, would try it for this reason, and maybe convert some percentage to ongoing users?

DoC Post: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/groun...n-issues-know/
Pretty sure the company only intended for each customer to receive one credit per account. When the churners started adding multiple cards per account, they simply deactivated accounts to avoid the cost. Not the most customer friendly action to take, that's for sure.

Not much else to add as the comments at DoC seem to mirror the experiences of the members at r/churning.

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/co...or_every_visa/
Old Feb 18, 18, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Yeah, oh well - missed opportunity for them for me - I just deleted the app and will order Uber to the airport tomorrow like I always have...
Old Feb 19, 18, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Even with the discount, Groundlink is usually much higher for me, unless it's NYC. Any city outside of NYC is really high. The only time I did outside of NYC was when I needed a limo for my family to look at xmas lights.
Old Mar 26, 18, 12:52 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Just had a bunch of fraudulent charges on my Visa Infinite card over this so be on the lookout. They tied all of your cc info you entered with a bogus name, Gary Johnson. Their terms specified 1 promotional credit per card. Per card.

Search this Thread