Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which US Credit Cards Accepts Grab App?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 2:02 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by resnick
Any word on whether it worked in BKK? (I'll be there next mont and was wondering the same thing.)
Won't be a problem. I've used several credit cards in Thailand on my Grab account.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 6:49 am

Is there supposed to be an "Add Card" button or something under the GrabPay page on the website? I have popups allowed, but I don't see anything where I can actually add a card (even clicking all over the page). Trying to a card in app (CSR/Amex/etc) doesn't even give me an error... it just "spins" for a second and then bounces me back out.

What my website looks like:
Old Oct 27, 2018, 10:44 am

Apparently an issue with the locale. Once I landed in SG, app changed and was able to add CC via the app, etc
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA Plt 2MM
FYI: Once I got to BKK, I was able to add my cards in the app. (You apparently can't add cards on the web site.)
Old Nov 9, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
For those insistent on adding a credit card before landing in a grab area, I was able to add an Amex to my grab app after using a fake GPS app and setting my location to a grab locale.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 1:56 pm

I also couldn't add my credit card in advance (who wants to start fumbling around with credit cards when you're standing outside Saigon airport). As stupid as it sounds, this company does not allow you to add credit cards in advance. i had to spoof my location to add a credit card. and then i couldn't add Capital One, but was able to add Chase and Amex
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:36 am

Programs: Enrich
This is due to the reason that Grabs has different payment methods for each country they launch in SEA. Some countries may accept Grab pay, cash and credit card, while some countries only allow cash or cash and credit card. This is probably due to some administrative and policy in the particular country.

So, the best still prepare some cash for just in case.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:15 am

CSR failed in BKK but AAviator Mastercard Worked

In Bangkok and app kept failing to load both mine and Player 2's CSRs. Website in both Chrome and IE failed as well despite allowing pop ups so I figured I'd try a MC and cross fingers. AAviator Red MC worked first try on the app for both of us.

A common thread here seems to be the Verified by Visa stupidity that Chase inflicts us with. Chase loses almost 5% of my spend to Barclays because of website problems that Bayclaycard doesn't have.
Will Crozier likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 8:08 pm

I couldn't add my USA citi or chase cards while here in Philippines. Would just get a "an error occurred message". Tried to add the card from my laptop but there was not any button to push to actually add a card. (screenshot from earlier post is the exact same screen that I got. I can't post it as this is my first post on this site). Finally I tried adding my Barclays Aviator Silver card and that worked from the app. No x3 miles, but better than cash, and AA miles still matter to me as I live part time in DFW.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold
I was recently in SIN and KUL. Was able to add both Citi Costco and BofA Travel Rewards. Primarily used BofA but would occasionally get errors in payment processing, so used the Citi card a couple times.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 4:28 am

Programs: MPC, Marriott, Hyatt
As a data point, it's failed to add both Visa and MC (both US and HK cards) while I'm here in HK. I'll try when I land in MY and see if it is any better but it's pretty frustrating not knowing whether I'll be able to do it or not until I land in MY. I don't know if this is Chase specific issue (since my Citi HK visa failed to work as well).
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by yattalren
In Bangkok and app kept failing to load both mine and Player 2's CSRs. Website in both Chrome and IE failed as well despite allowing pop ups so I figured I'd try a MC and cross fingers. AAviator Red MC worked first try on the app for both of us.

A common thread here seems to be the Verified by Visa stupidity that Chase inflicts us with. Chase loses almost 5% of my spend to Barclays because of website problems that Bayclaycard doesn't have.
To echo this comment - my previously loaded Chase Visa didn't work, but I could add a Barclays MC directly in the app without hassle. Thanks for the tip!
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:39 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Another data point: I am in Chiang Mai and my CSR would get ‘ooops can’t do it. Try again later’ in the app.

Tried the HH Amex and it popped me right over to Amex Safekey and I was able to add it.

So so once again Chase was locked down so tight as to make it worthless. Sigh.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by kokonutz
Another data point: I am in Chiang Mai and my CSR would get ‘ooops can’t do it. Try again later’ in the app.

Tried the HH Amex and it popped me right over to Amex Safekey and I was able to add it.

So so once again Chase was locked down so tight as to make it worthless. Sigh.
Same experience I had in Manila. Amex wrked flawlessly.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:39 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
I didn't have a problem adding Citi Premier to the Grab App once I landed in Manila last October. Was unable to stateside as others have mentioned.
Its still in the App.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.