Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which US Credit Cards Accepts Grab App?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2018, 10:09 am

And another fun tidbit on Grab. I used their iOS app "Help Center" menu to submit a support request. This is what came back in response:
Hello,

We would like to help but unfortunately, we are not monitoring new support requests through this email address. Please tap "Help Centre" in the Grab app menu or visit grab.com to find answers to frequently asked questions, or to submit a request. We apologise for any inconvenience and look forward to serving you soon.

Grab Team
Does not instill much confidence.
Old May 24, 2018, 6:15 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Just arrived in Bali today from the US.

I had loaded a Chase Visa card onto my Grab app a few days ago while still in the US.

Once I landed here, I simply requested a Grab...and after the ride got the text that my Visa had been charged.

So....it appears that it works.....but only if you are actually over here where Grab is. I tried to do a dummy booking while still in the US and it said that my VISA card on my profile wasn't a valid payment type.
Beano likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 7:46 am

That's great news! Thanks for posting!

(Though it seems to contradict what Grab customer service told me, given the rest of the CS experience, not surprised - hopefully don't need to talk to them again )
Old Jun 29, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: free agent
Tried to add Chase Sapphire Reserve to my grab app for rides around Malaysia but no luck. Give up and will resort to SPG card, or I always can go to 7-11 and use CSR to buy top-up card but losing 3x.

Annoying but pure first world problem situation.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA-EXP SPG-Plat 100/LTG. HHonors-Gold
Website add works

In Bali now, was going nuts trying to figure why my Grab app was prompting for OVO or cash. Turned off auto app update, found this page and re- added my Chase Sapphrire Reserve card. Booked car and back in business.
When you log in on website, it will send a one time PIN number to your app on phone to verify, then proceed as above.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 7:56 pm

I'm in Thailand and have had no luck loading my US cards either on the app or their website. I just get an "Add Card Unsuccessful" whatever I try
Any other ideas?
Old Jul 1, 2018, 5:04 am

Programs: AA-EXP SPG-Plat 100/LTG. HHonors-Gold
Allow pop-ups?

That’s strange... I added my CSR again today via website & went smoothly. Did you allow the pop up window to verirfy card?
Old Jul 3, 2018, 8:07 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by Steve Majors
I'm in Thailand and have had no luck loading my US cards either on the app or their website. I just get an "Add Card Unsuccessful" whatever I try
Any other ideas?
ridiculous how a major taxi app like grab cannot link some major credit cards. Other solution - going to 7-11 then buy grab top-up card but you would lose 3x CSR points but again, most local rides would cost less than $10 so not a hugely dealbreaker. Luckily I was able to link new AA citi card so will using that toward minimum spending requirement.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: AA Platinum, HH Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Steve Majors
Any other ideas?
I just added my CSR card from Thailand. Make sure you allow popups when you add it online and do it on a PC/MAC.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 4:52 pm

I am in Bali and am still not able to add my Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card. Based on the responses, I tried logging into the Grab website to see if I can add it there. However, I can't even log into the website, as it won't take a US prefix under the "Other" selection when I try to enter my phone number to sign in. Any suggestions?
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:06 pm

Grab payment

Only cards with the EMV chip technology and details such as 16-digit card number, expiry date, and CVV can be added (e.g. GCash, PayMaya, BPI e-Prepaid, BDO Cash card and the likes)
Old Sep 27, 2018, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Trying to load a US card onto my Grab app and it tells me Visa / MC are nt supported. Tried enabling popups and using the web site. From there I get "rpc error: code = Code(1025) desc = [db][non-cb] err:sql: no rows in result set" ... Hope I can get it to work when I get to MNL ...
Old Sep 27, 2018, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
After arrival in MNL I waited until my phone's GPS figured out where I was. I then had no trouble loading a US-based Amex credit card into the app and using it. It wrked great! The only minor hiccup was that the default location at the airport seemed to be at terminal 2 and I was at terminal 3, so I had to manually enter where I was.
Beano likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Trying to load a US card onto my Grab app and it tells me Visa / MC are nt supported. Tried enabling popups and using the web site. From there I get "rpc error: code = Code(1025) desc = [db][non-cb] err:sql: no rows in result set" ... Hope I can get it to work when I get to MNL ...
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
After arrival in MNL I waited until my phone's GPS figured out where I was. I then had no trouble loading a US-based Amex credit card into the app and using it. It wrked great! The only minor hiccup was that the default location at the airport seemed to be at terminal 2 and I was at terminal 3, so I had to manually enter where I was.
Thanks for the data point. I'm seeing the same error.. Will try to add a card once we land in BKK.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: AA Plt 2MM
Originally Posted by Ripper3785
Thanks for the data point. I'm seeing the same error.. Will try to add a card once we land in BKK.
Any word on whether it worked in BKK? (I'll be there next mont and was wondering the same thing.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.