Search

Uber account has been hacked

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2018, 6:09 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Uber account has been hacked

Does anyone have a way to contact Uber? I got an email saying
The following information on your Uber account has recently been updated:• emailIf you did not make this change or need assistance, please visit
I did not make any change and I am stuck in an endless loop with them saying I need to communicate with my confirmed email. I am trying to report that my account has been hacked and my email has been changed.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 6:52 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Their Twitter support is much better than their email support. Suggest you Tweet them @uber_Support
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott LTT + Ambassador
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Their Twitter support is much better than their email support. Suggest you Tweet them @uber_Support
I agree - Twitter is best support option for Uber .....
Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by prncess674
Does anyone have a way to contact Uber? I got an email saying

I did not make any change and I am stuck in an endless loop with them saying I need to communicate with my confirmed email. I am trying to report that my account has been hacked and my email has been changed.
Why are first line support agents always so mind bogglingly ignorant?
Old Jan 21, 2018, 9:50 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Because they're outsourced to the Philippines. (I'm not saying that a nation full of people are ignorant, I'm saying that the contracted company hires people who are ill-equipped to handle customer support because the agents aren't fluent in English)

The social media team is US based. They're quite limited in what they can do, but they may be able to direct your concerns to someone in the Philippines who may be able to understand your problem.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by diburning
Because they're outsourced to the Philippines. (I'm not saying that a nation full of people are ignorant, I'm saying that the contracted company hires people who are ill-equipped to handle customer support because the agents aren't fluent in English)

The social media team is US based. They're quite limited in what they can do, but they may be able to direct your concerns to someone in the Philippines who may be able to understand your problem.
English is an official language of the Phillipines.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:43 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I am still not sure that everything is fixed but reaching out to the Twitter team at least got me out of the endless loop. When I log into my account all my previous ride history is missing. I tried using Uber on Friday night and it wouldn't take any of my stored credit cards When I reached out to Uber they said that my account had been flagged because my cards are associated with a duplicate account. It appears they can't figure out who I am in their system. Ended up using Lyft so I could get home rather than Uber.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by kb9522

English is an official language of the Phillipines.
On an official level, but not everyone will be fluent in it and/or be fluent enough to provide adequate customer service. Hong Kong is an example of this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.