FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ride Services, including Uber and Lyft (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ride-services-including-uber-lyft-747/)
-   -   Uber Visa Card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ride-services-including-uber-lyft/1876270-uber-visa-card.html)

cestmoi123 Nov 7, 2017 6:20 am

Uber Visa Card

Seeing an add in the app for a new Uber Visa card.

$100 cashback after $500 in spend
No annual fee
4% cashback on dining
3% cashback on hotel and airfare
2% cashback on online purchases (including Uber)
1% cashback on everything else

$50 credit for online subscription services (Netflix, Hulu, Sirius XM, HBO Now, Amazon Prime membership fee, etc.) if you spend $5k (total) in a year.

AutoSlash Nov 7, 2017 6:56 am

We just published a blog post on the new Uber Visa card today.

cestmoi123 Nov 7, 2017 9:19 am

Ironically, it's not a good card for spending on Uber (CSR at 4.5% back is much better). Great card for restaurants, though.

Points Scrounger Nov 7, 2017 11:13 am

Just an FYI that android users cannot add this card for mobile contactless payment.

tmiw Nov 12, 2017 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger (Post 29031109)
Just an FYI that android users cannot add this card for mobile contactless payment.

I thought Barclaycard didn't support anything other than Apple Pay for all of their cards, unless that changed recently?

Points Scrounger Nov 13, 2017 10:18 pm

That was the point I was trying to make.

Zora014 Dec 4, 2017 1:38 pm

Recently approved

Hi, I was excited about this card because I use uber frequently have recently decided to diversify my credit cards as my other cards were all with the same bank but one. I was only approved for $2400 so I won't be using this card much as my other cards all have limits well over $10K.

I didn't get approved through immediate approval because my uber account had my maiden name but my credit report file has my married name. I called the reconsideration line and was sent to security who had me mail in the documents. I received a call from a representative to tell me my social security card wasn't legible. It's an old card and I have a passport and haven't had to produce this card in to many years to count. The representative gave me a fax number to resend a copy of the card but I knew faxing it would be the same and I didn't have time to wait in line at the Social Security office for a new card. I faxed a copy anyways and I am retired military so I attached a copy of my retired ID card so now all total as proof of identification they have a copy of 1) Drivers license I mailed 2) passport copy that was mailed 3) Copy of utility bill requested and mailed 4) copy of rough social security card mailed and faxed and 4) Department of Defence military id card. I called the next day to verify the fax was received and spoke to a friendly rep who advised me he didn't see it in the system.

He called me back 5 minutes later and told me based on all the documents they had he was removing the flag and approving my card and he told me the amount of my credit line. Immediately after hanging up with him I received an email congratulating me on my new card.

My advice if you don't get immediately approved call the reconsideration line at (866)408-4064. Don't get upset if additional information is required either. I viewed it as appreciating a bank would ensure it is me instead of opening a new account for a fraudster. It was only dropping documents in the mail and one fax. If you are going to lose points for the hard pull you may as well do what it takes to get the card. Hope this helps someone!

TU- 755
Equifax - 740
Experian -750

mailbotx Jan 25, 2018 8:21 pm

Really love this card and will get almost $1000 of value from it. Was approved quickly but have great credit (north of 800). No annual fee and no foreign transaction fees. Apple pay works great for fast food. Since I have at least $10K in restaurant/fast food spend and another $7K in airlines and hotels that is a nice start ($400 + $210). Then $50 in streaming credit after my $5K spend. Finally, add the mobile phone insurance which saves me $7/per line for VzW plan $14/mo x 12 = $168 (savings).

Some people may care that they can't transfer points or use them for travel or merchandise or the $25 minimum cash redemption, but those aren't deal breakers for me. Now it says Uber on the card, but my Plat Amex gives me $15 per month for Uber rides plus VIP status (which I really don't see any difference in). So ironically, I don't use it for Uber. Finally, a $100 cash to sign-up. The last card I had that was almost as good as the Costco Amex with 4% back for gas and 3% for restaurants [which they scale back after a year to 2%] sans the annual costco membership fee $65. Total earnings/savings projected for year one on the Uber Visa $928.

Ralph Miller Apr 9, 2018 3:34 pm

Uber Visa Card

Does anyone have experience with this card and would be willing to talk to me about it? Thanks!

bimmerfreak0 May 16, 2018 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Ralph Miller (Post 29621354)
Does anyone have experience with this card and would be willing to talk to me about it? Thanks!

Ditto. Currently have Barclays Aviator, Hilton Surpass/Ascend, Chase Sapphire Reserve...seems like this card (minus gold status with Hilton) is on parity with the above without the $650 (or $350) in annual fees). One card to rule them all? Seem if I drop those cards I lose priority pass, Hilton gold status and free checked bags on American Airlines, oh and executive status with National.

mailbotx Jul 15, 2018 8:31 am

Have this card since the beginning of the year. I have been able to use ALL the benefits with no annual fee. Travel to Europe a month ago, no foreign transaction fees. Got my $50 towards my Netflix streaming reimbursed. The mobile phone insurance fixed by phone screen, reimbursed $170 - sent me a check. Every time I eat out, book a flight or stay at a hotel, mega cash back. I use my Amex Platinum for the benefits and IRONICALLY to ride in Ubers and save $20 month. Uber Visa is the best card ever, except for using it with Uber. They make the rules, I'm playing the game.

savemone Oct 21, 2018 8:51 pm

Anyone use this card to book a flight or hotel via Expedia, Kayak, Orbitz, StudentUniverse, etc.? If so, did you get the 4% travel cash back?

Thank you!

kentchristopher Nov 10, 2018 1:42 am

Originally Posted by savemone (Post 30341280)
Anyone use this card to book a flight or hotel via Expedia, Kayak, Orbitz, StudentUniverse, etc.? If so, did you get the 4% travel cash back?

Thank you!

I don't currently have this card, but from other cards I know the merchant decides what category they fall under. I'd be astonished if Expedia and the like don't categorize themselves as travel (not familiar with StudentUniverse, though).

good_boy_1234 Dec 3, 2019 4:38 pm

Seems they have recently made big changes to the card. Anyone knows if are you still able to redeem for cash back/statements or uber credit only?

kentchristopher Dec 3, 2019 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by good_boy_1234 (Post 31801807)
Seems they have recently made big changes to the card. Anyone knows if are you still able to redeem for cash back/statements or uber credit only?

Starting Feb. 2020 it's for Uber Cash only. Big changes indeed. The card is now practically useless if you don't use Uber a lot.