Search

Uber Visa Local Offers... Disappeared?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2017, 6:24 am
a7m
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Gold. SU Silver.
Uber Visa Local Offers... Disappeared?

My app no longer lists Visa Local Offers. I saw them as recently as last week, and now I don't. Is the program discontinued again?
Old Oct 8, 2017, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Deleted by author

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Oct 8, 2017 at 12:12 pm
Old Oct 8, 2017, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
They don't always appear on the pulldown messages for whatever reason, at least for me.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Thought I would use this thread to report that apparently Whole Foods has dropped out entirely. My transaction just now did not come through with a ding that I had been credited, instead under payments there is a separate line item that says "0.00". They are not listed in my offers as a participating partner any longer.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 6:33 pm
a7m
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Gold. SU Silver.
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Thought I would use this thread to report that apparently Whole Foods has dropped out entirely. My transaction just now did not come through with a ding that I had been credited, instead under payments there is a separate line item that says "0.00". They are not listed in my offers as a participating partner any longer.
Thanks for heads up. Let's hope it's a temporary thing. Local Offers as a section keeps appearing and disappearing, and its content keeps changing in my case. I am in NYC. Not sure what it's like in other areas.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:45 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Offers still show up but Whole Foods gone.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Down to restaurants only (5%) here - no other businesses.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:11 pm

I haven't seen Visal Local Offers in my Uber app for at least the last month, even though I'm given the option to opt out of them in my Uber app settings. Is it working for anyone?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ftlurker2
I haven't seen Visal Local Offers in my Uber app for at least the last month, even though I'm given the option to opt out of them in my Uber app settings. Is it working for anyone?
Still around. They don't always load.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Still around. They don't always load.
Thanks for the info, though that is frustrating. How do they expect it to guide me to the places that pay them if they don't actually tell me which places pay them (and me)?!
Old Sep 13, 2018, 3:16 pm

Seems like a lot of uber extra benefits are gone including the cross point promotions with miles and stuff. A lot of the restaurants don't have that promotion either
Old Jun 24, 2019, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems to be discontinued for Android users
Old Jun 24, 2019, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Seems to be discontinued for Android users
I actually ate at a restaurant that offered points. I didn't know they still did, as I can't see anything. But after the CC processed, I received notification of the credit and the screen with available offers opened. But once I closed it, they were gone, once again, forever apparently, until I accidentally eat in a restaurant that offers credit.
Points Scrounger likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's the workaround ...

Opt out of Visa Local Offers, and immediately opt back in. You'll get to see the list once, before it "disappears" (again).
Old Sep 29, 2019, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bumping this thread as I ran across a situation recently where my Uber cashback appeared to go through okay initially, but didn't "take" in my account. For a little over a dollar, I'll move on rather than deal with Uber's "support" staff to work things out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.