Uber Flat Pass?

Old Mar 5, 17, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Uber Flat Pass?

Any idea when Uber will be bringing back the Flat Pass for March? I bought one for February and it was great!
Old Mar 10, 17, 2:34 pm

I did it last month too and was very happy.

Just got an e-mail with the next 30 day option. For NYC at least (not sure about other markets) it's not as good a deal this time around ($8 for rides up to $25 instead of $6 for rides up to $30). But still a no-brainer if you take long Uber/Lyft/Juno/Gett rides more than a couple times a month.

https://www.uber.com/info/plus/newyork/
Old Apr 9, 17, 6:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Starwood/Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Best Western, IHG, Ibotta
I just signed up for one in Dallas and cannot wait to try it. I am in Denver now where Uber is horrible and highly expensive. Sure wish they had it in Denver.
Old Apr 13, 17, 8:59 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by iluvdoco View Post
Any idea when Uber will be bringing back the Flat Pass for March? I bought one for February and it was great!
I doubt it is a permanent plan. They use this to get you riding, and then when you come to depend on them, they yank it.
Old Apr 14, 17, 10:01 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Starwood/Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Best Western, IHG, Ibotta
Does anyone know how much drivers get paid on this? Should we tip more??
Old Apr 17, 17, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by Vip4me View Post
Pretty sure the drivers get paid what they would normally get paid without the promo.

The NYC one this month is UberPool only.
Old Apr 18, 17, 6:26 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by Vip4me View Post
Drivers are paid exactly the same. Promotions like this are part of the reason why Uber is losing so much money every quarter.
Old Apr 18, 17, 7:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP - You have not provided your location and Uber closely guards the locations where it will make the offer. There is no broad-based offer.

It is offered in specific markets, on specific terms and for specific services. It is also clearly a significant loss leader. Once you are used to routine use because it is dirt cheap, e.g. $6 for a $25 ride, the theory is that you will pay $25 for the $25 ride.
Old Apr 18, 17, 11:04 am

[NYC] It looks like the newest flat pass is only for uberpool. No go for me.
Old Apr 18, 17, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
One I just got is four weeks of UberPool 6AM-8PM in Manhattan for $2.49 a ride. Pass costs $20.

Search this Thread