Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Ride Services, including Uber and Lyft
Reload this Page >

Used discounted Enterprise luxury rental car for uber black. I think im in trouble.

Used discounted Enterprise luxury rental car for uber black. I think im in trouble.

Old Jan 4, 17, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

This may sound stupid and i know it is not legal, but I recently started doing uber black on the side because its decent money (the regular uberX is NOT worth it obviously), and instead of using my Mercedes C450 that I leased and already am over the miles on, I decided to have my buddy thats a branch manager hook me up with a $54/day Escalade under the friends discount thing. The truck was nearly brand new with 1200 miles. I put probably 12000 miles on it in 2 months I had it. Although the cost was high, it was worth it as I was doing about $250-$300 worth of rides every day all month. Every time I picked someone up I had to copy+paste a message stating that Im in my "other" car, once they saw it was a new escalade they never complained...however someone clearly ratted me out to Uber and they canned my account, as well as contacted eprize which someone from their "legal' department left me a voicemail.

Never returned the call, a week later noticed another $1700+ in charges on my card for the rental. I called and asked what was up -- and they stated that someone complained I was using a eprise vehicle for uber and they had suspicions that it was not registered on the account or insured properly. (Of course, I never told my insurance company about it). Now apparently the police have opened an investigation on me in the small town I rented it. What am I looking at here as far as charges?
Old Jan 4, 17, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, M/SPG Plat Prem, National Exec Elite, mlife platinum
Originally Posted by utahman View Post
What am I looking at here as far as charges?
Get a lawyer.

(Unless this is a joke, in which case, get a hobby.)
Old Jan 5, 17, 10:57 am

Looking at your posting history, just wow, that's all I can say.

Guess Karma caught up to you.
Old Jan 7, 17, 5:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by JLewisinSyr View Post

My hunch is troll, because I have a hard time believing that anybody is THIS self-absorbed.

If real, though, and I were his "buddy," I'd be livid, since the "buddy's" job is probably on the line.
Old Jan 8, 17, 1:49 am

Programs: NZ *G
Originally Posted by JLewisinSyr View Post

Yep!
And......

Weird behaviour for a "senior manager" at a start up making "millions"...well...according to his previous posts when bragging about trying to trash rental cars on purpose.....working a second job?
Old Mar 1, 17, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP (0.425MM), AS MVP 75K, National Executive Elite, Marriott PPE, UA Silver, DL Gold
After reading his posting history, this thread made me happy. Karma is a b!tch

Search this Thread